Wisconsin Area Rides/Events

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Cannonshot, Feb 2, 2007.

1. MarshkevUK

MarshkevUK Alright Guv'na? Supporter

Oddometer:
    The d/s ride will have, single track, sand, sweat, mud and tears... :imaposer I think the 610 will do well on the ADV ride though!
    OU812, ATKinRC and BLucare like this.
  2. BLucare

BLucare What could possibly go wrong?

Oddometer:
    I trust your judgement. :lol3
    OU812, MarshkevUK and ATKinRC like this.
  3. FJRick

FJRick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I also have an 06 TE610. Which I figured could handle both rides. I also have a DL1000 but I feel it would only work on the Big Bike ride.
    OU812 and MarshkevUK like this.
  4. MarshkevUK

Oddometer:
    Hey, you guys might ride like Toni Bou or Graham Jarvis whereas i ride like Betty Bo or Milley Cyrus... err... :getiton anyway, you ride what you want and when you want to! I always carry a rope and a sense of humor...:p3rry

MK.
  5. spudboy52

spudboy52 Talks to Strangers

Oddometer:
    Dear MK, This is my first summer of semi-retirement. I'm coasting. I have no more employees, and more flex time. I would be interested in the small group adventure ride. Whether I come or not, thank you for being a guy who takes the initiative to make things happen! James, Antigo.
    MarshkevUK and BLucare like this.
  6. MarshkevUK

Oddometer:
    Well thanks for the kind words Spud', happy to do what i can in my own small way. I'll add you to the list and keep you updated.

To all, i think there's enough interest to move this to a seperate thread now, i'll do that over the next day or so and share the link here.

Cheers, stay healthy and keep smiling!

MK.
  7. MarshkevUK

Oddometer:
  8. Cannonshot

Cannonshot Having a Nice Time Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Remark about corona cancellations in first post.
    OU812 likes this.
  9. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    More cancellations or postponements in first post.
    OU812 likes this.
  10. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    With groups rides being cancelled, some may be looking for some small group or individual riding opportunities this season. Please practice responsible social distancing this season.

As a reminder I keep a library of GPS guided dual sport, adventure, and road rides on my website. Those that use GPX files will be well served. Those that don't use GPX to navigate might find it is a good time to take it up - especially for the forest dual sport rides.

I also have a couple of photo tag type threads that have some points that have not been captured and reported on yet in the threads. Maybe some will be interested in chasing some extant railroad structures, oddities, or old time gas station buildings around the state, I prepared a couple of GPX files in those threads that show the points that haven't been captured yet.

Railroad Structures

Oddities
    djones745, 9Realms, OU812 and 6 others like this.
  11. DSquared

DSquared Dilly Dilly! Supporter

Oddometer:
    You must have been reading my mind Bryan. I am going pretty stir crazy and with the announcement of the extension of the "Safer at Home" order I was feeling pretty bummed. However, a little two wheeled scavenger hunt will certainly bring some joy. Of course as I type this, there is snow falling. There's always tomorrow I guess.
    OU812 and Cannonshot like this.
  12. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    I should add waterfalls and haunted places to that as well. Still plenty of falls to be photographed and added to the thread.

Waterfalls - Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota

Haunted Places in Wisconsin

Haunted Places in the UP

Railroad Structures in the UP
    OU812 likes this.
  13. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    Corona cancel for BMW MOA rally. Moved to 2021.
  14. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    CoronaCancel Thielman spring ride.

Also spring Slimey Crud.
  15. Wisconsinkris

Wisconsinkris Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I saw in East Troy there is a dirt course just off 43. There were a bunch of riders hopping all over the place. I swung in there out of curiosity and was told it is private. Does anyone know who owns it and how I can get to know whoever that is?
    OU812 likes this.
  16. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    Looks like our new motorcycle trail at the Tigerton will be open for riding beginning this Saturday, May 2d. I was just speaking with the park manager and she didn't see why we couldn't open it up. I have to finish signing the trail this week and then we should be good to go. This is a trail in a small area that has some neat features that make it fun to ride. It would be good to have some riders burn in some segments of the trail this weekend. I'll be there through Saturday. It is very important that anyone that trail rides conscientiously exercises proper social distancing to minimize risk to everyone. I know some people are anxious to ride now and this could be a good opportunity. https://www.tigertonwi.com/campground-atv-park
  17. pigjockey

pigjockey Hognuts the T-bagger

Oddometer:
    Wisconsin A half dozen miles from ROAD AMERICA
    The site just posted it is full for May 1.

[​IMG]
    app-facebook

Embarrass River Campground and ATV Park
    7 minutes ago
    Hi folks,

We are booked full for the weekend of May 1st. Sometime this week we will be posting the measures we will be taking to ensure social distancing requirements are met.

Please keep in mind the reason state parks shut down was because people were not social distancing and were vandalizing and leaving trash everywhere.

...See More
    OU812 likes this.
  18. MarshkevUK

Oddometer:
    For anyone reading this who may be interested in 2 days of pretty full on trail riding in NW Wisconsin there are just 2 spots left (see thread: https://advrider.com/f/threads/the-...-hopefully-summer-2020.1435736/#post-39647974).
    We've booked a lodge south of Hayward for the weekend, the cost of which will be approximately $70.00 for Fri & Sat' night with riding on Sat' & Sun'.
    Dates are Fri' July 31st thru Sun' Aug' 2nd. shout out on the thread or p.m. me for details if interested.

Cheers, MK.
  19. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    OU812 likes this.
  20. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    MN Guzzxi Rally Cancelled.