Wisconsin Death Trip III

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by DruiD, May 22, 2008.

1. DruiD

DruiD riding too fast

Oddometer:
    Maybe.........
  2. Hipster

Hipster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi Jay,

Did the torrential rains that hit southern Wisconsin the past few weeks also soak your property and damage the trails?

Tom
  3. DruiD

DruiD riding too fast

Oddometer:
    No. Although we've had plenty of rain, the woods aren't in bad shape at all. By the time 'the ride' rolls around, it'll be nice and dry!

I'm gonna hang around La Crosse this weekend for the S&S Fiasco.:1drink

Pre-riding will have to wait till later....
  4. Collarbone

Collarbone Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I may be up at ss thing also.but may have to go to keytime and pick up my 250 if its done
  5. Gasdoctor

Gasdoctor .......

Oddometer:
    I'm headed up on Sunday.. Anyone else??
  6. jzee

jzee John Z

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a great ride, COwboy and Critic take care of yourselfs, I would be in on this ride, but we are in CO, over that weekend. Enjoy and be safe. I will looking foward to riding with the boys (MEN) of the Cannon trek again soon.

See ya soon,
    John Z.
  7. TheCowboy

TheCowboy back in the saddle again

Oddometer:
    any sand on this ride? I don't mind the downed trees, creek crossings, loose gravel, mud.... I just can't deal with a lot of sand.

Cowboy2:ricky
  8. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    :rofl :rofl :rofl
  9. DruiD

DruiD riding too fast

Oddometer:
    SAND SAND SAND

Please read previous ride reports for details on terrain.
  10. Claybuster

Claybuster Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Sand - Ass back ,on the gas, and hang on!

Sand is a blast!
  11. Monty_Burns

Monty_Burns Excellent.

Oddometer:
    DruiD - I'm going to bow out of this one.

This is the week before a big ride and I ain't gonna jinx it by trying to finish something called death trip the week before. :deal
  12. flyingbeard

flyingbeard Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Guys,

I'm putting in my bid for next months work schedule today. First Request: 1-3 Aug OFF! :D No Holidays that weekend, so should be no problem.

Enjoy the 4th.

FB out.
  13. Critic

Critic More or less!

Oddometer:
    West of the Illinois, heart of the state!
    Monty, just ride the 950 up and enjoy the cabin and company. You can take day rides around the area. I did last year and it was great! The roads going up and back were/are fabulous. Bring the SO, there is a lot to enjoy along the way.
  14. tedmarshall

tedmarshall Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    AP-MN--Winona Bridge-Repairs,0168
    Repairs to begin on Winona bridge gusset plates
    Eds: APNewsNow.
    ROCHESTER, Minn. (AP) -- The Minnesota Department of Transportation says work should begin by Thursday on repairing about 15 gusset plates on the Highway 43 bridge over the Mississippi River at Winona.
    MnDOT says an emergency contract has been awarded to Edward Kraemer and Sons, Incorporated, of Burnsville with a bid of $108,200. The project is to be completed by July 31.
    Transportation officials say repairs will focus on the most critical gusset plates first, to allow truck traffic back onto the bridge as soon as possible.
    In a second emergency contract, Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Incorporated, has agreed to provide project oversight for the gusset plate repairs. The structural engineering firm from Northbrook, Illinois, conducted the initial gusset plate inspection and load analysis as well as prepared the repair plan.
    The bridge was closed June 3 because of rust and corrosion found in gusset plates on the bridge. The bridge has since reopened to passenger vehicles, but pedestrians and bicyclists are still barred from crossing the bridge.
    (Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
    APTV 07-07-08 1646CDT
  15. Gasdoctor

Gasdoctor .......

Oddometer:
    Anyone up for a ride Sunday??
  16. JC Forestry

JC Forestry n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm always amazed when I see information like this posted on the internet. Our Department offers the off-road enthusiast both motorcycle and ATV trail opportunities which are sustainable on our public forest. We spend countless dollars and hours in enforcement of off-trail riding to prevent closure of the entire system, which by the way, has been disussed as an option in the recent past.

The posts, both present and past, regarding this event have been read by the Jackson County Board of Supervisors. These are the folks who make the ultimate decisions as to whether or not the trail systems stay open or are permanently closed. Many of them were stunned at the things they saw and read.

We have seen the evidence of damage and destruction that your group leaves behind, both in our public campgrounds and on our forest. It's clearly obvious that you know what you are doing is wrong, otherwise you wouldn't have altered the photos to obscure your license plates on your dual sport bikes. We know the areas that you frequent, and will be sure to have Deputies patrolling those areas.

It is really sad when a group like this jeopardizes the entire program for the remainder of the riders who respect and appreciate what we offer.
  17. Collarbone

Oddometer:
    We know the areas that you frequent, and will be sure to have Deputies patrolling those areas.

I know I went last year and we never left a marked trail unless we were on private land .So could you have your deputies please check the coolers on the back of these fourwheels while were there.thank you
  18. JC Forestry

JC Forestry n00b

Oddometer:
    I just talked with Jay Hood, who I now found out is DRUID, and we cleared up much of the confusion. Seeing the photos of the motorcycles on a snowmobile bridge located on Jay's family property gave me shivers. I wondered how I was going to explain to the Hood's why motorcycles were running on a section of trail that was "closed" to ATV's and motorcycles. I also had visions of being on my knees begging that they wouldn't shut the trail down.......and then I found out DRUID was Jay Hood.

I apologize for the confusion. I know Jay and many of the folks that have worked so hard to re-open the single track trail in our County, and I am very protective of the club and the trail system. So, when I see any evidence of what I THOUGHT was illegal riding, my blood boils.

I'll admit my mistake, own up to the fact that I jumped the wrong people and wish you well on your ride.
  19. rokklym

rokklym one man wolfpack

Oddometer:
    No problem, its easy to do when everyone is anonymous on the internet! We sure don't want to do anything that will adversely affect trail issues up there.
    Glad to hear things are cleared up! :thumb
  20. Collarbone

Oddometer:
    I am glad we have people looking out for our rights also, and I would like to thank jay and any other land owners for letting us use their land for our hobbies.

Now to ktm 300 can't ride this weekend have a harescramble in hixton