Wisconsin Dells - What do I need to know

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by humvee, Mar 29, 2008.

1. humvee

humvee Long timer

Oddometer:
    ...and we're back. Had a great time...kids had fun...and I have to go back to work tomorrow. Nonetheless, I feel like I need to give the advice givers some satisfaction on how well their suggestions did (or didn't) pan out.

Somewhere between Minneapolis and Black River falls this guy was getting pushed around at 70mph by the semis. Seems like someone that would hang out on this board.

[​IMG]

We also followed the Amish tour mentioned earlier in this thread. The roads would have been plenty more fun on a bike than a mini-van, although I'm not sure the locals would approve. This is taken in front of so+so's buggy shop. Younger guy, long beard, he let me take the photo.

[​IMG]

I would have talked with him a bit more if I had the time...just to see the "basic" tools of the trade.

Next up is Moosejaw pizza place. I had the 10 sampler (#8 tastes like puke) and the pulled pork sammich
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Moosejaw was great, and we were pumped for Monk's. Well...here you all get low marks. Ya, it would be fine for me and my buddies to pull up for a drink, but with the smoking and dirty, small dining area (upstairs) it just isn't for families. Regardless, the burger was decent.
    [​IMG]

Del-bar was indeed pricey, but quite good. Next time I think we'll go to Field's though. This bad boy was in the parking lot, I assume there's oil in that pan, but I didn't get close enough to look. It was there for at least 2 days.
    [​IMG]

Wilderness resort was a hit, as was our condo. LOTS of room, great view. We'd definately come back here.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Our last day there we tried to pack in as many outdoor things as we could. Here's hiking at mirror lake
    [​IMG]

The Merrimac Ferry after eating at Fitz's in Lodi.
    [​IMG]

Back at Wilderness waiting for the fireworks to start. We were at the top of a small hill and could see the resort's fireworks, as well as all the shows downtown
    [​IMG]

I've seen them online, but Wisconsin wins the redneck award...first time I've seen these in real life.

[​IMG]
  2. Condolini

Condolini Fountain of useless info

Oddometer:
    ^^Illinois wins the redneck award, check the plate!

Glad you had a good time and that the mosquitos at Mirror Lake didn't carry you or the lil ones away.
  3. Hotspice

Hotspice Satellites not acquired Supporter

Oddometer:
    Smiles abound..

Glad you guys had good weather and a good time.

Yall come back now, ya hear..

:thumb
  4. humvee

humvee Long timer

Oddometer:
    ah...I stand corrected...I was just too excited to see them up close. SO just thought they were gross and wouldn't take my picture with them.

Mirror lake was pretty bad, but they're worse here at home.:cry
  5. GermanPickle

GermanPickle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hee hee. Nice Harley photo, with custom drip tray! An accurate depiction