Wisconsin dirt bike title/registration thread

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Bonebag, Apr 1, 2011.

1. pigjockey

pigjockey Hognuts the T-bagger

Oddometer:
    Wisconsin A half dozen miles from ROAD AMERICA
    Everything is titled in my address of Wisconsin but plate is Michigan. Told them the bike would be kept in wis. and that I wanted to ride their trail system and needed a plate. You can Plate Any Motorcycle in Michigan as long as you have a title to start with. Michigan appreciates the money!!!
  2. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:

now prove it.
    Better believe if they want to they will watch for you and bust your ass. I never worried about it as my MI plated bikes never spent much time on the road other than dual sport activities.
  3. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:
    Yes as far as Michigan is concerned it's fine
    Wisconsin law is under to obligation to let you run a bike plated elsewhere. Chances of an issue are few, but it's possible.
  4. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    Very true, especially in smaller cities where you are seen regularly. It has happened to a couple folks I know running CRF450's and one KTM rider running out of state plates.

I'm not certain which statue they are breaking, if any, but the fact that LEO's are watching made them nervous.