Wisconsin Doohickey DAZE, May 4-6

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by mogwai, Feb 19, 2007.

1. WIsixfitty

WIsixfitty rock and roll the bones

Oddometer:
    I'll be leaving FdL in the morning and stoping in GB to watch my kids soccer game then maybe heading up the penninsula for a ride and then over to Mogland. eta is early afternoon-ish.
  2. Paper

Paper Meh

Oddometer:
    With the big coffee pot on it's way, I'll just bring a big can of coffee instead. Rounding up stuff as soon as I get off the puter.
    If I didn't have vacation tomorrow, I could have had about 4 different jobs in all four directions doing all kinds of work I didn't want to do..

I'm gonna enjoy the ride north tomorrow.:nod
    GPS-check
    MP3-check
    fartsack-check
    airmattress-check
    tent-check
    cash for beer-check

Screw the rest.. I'm ready!!!:thumb
  3. pilot

pilot ...

Oddometer:
    I'll be leaving Hillbilly Heaven about 7:45, right after I drop the kids off for the bus. I should roll in somewhere between six and eight. :huh
  4. mogwai

mogwai humorless prick

Oddometer:
    Sweet. :thumb

See ya tomorrow, Rhonda :wings
  5. mogwai

mogwai humorless prick

Oddometer:
    We bought a fresh 3lb can of Hills Bros & have some 1-2 yr old folgers. That should be good enough for the likes of you. :evil
  6. mogwai

mogwai humorless prick

Oddometer:
    watch for deerses. :2guns
  7. pilot

pilot ...

Oddometer:
    Always! And All the way! I'll be KLRing it so I'm camoed. I think I can slip past them before they see me. :evil
  8. Cannonshot

Cannonshot Having a Nice Time Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I worked up a gps track for a 140 mile scenic ride in the area around the daze. You can take a look at the route using an interactive map at this location: http://maps.innersource.com/project/map/3386

I tried posting this in gps central with the less than 500 point .gpx file but I blew something up html wise. (sigh)

I have attached the file to this post. You can download it here.

With stops to dawdle at some neat and scenic locations (and maybe a lunch stop) this is about a half day ride.
  9. mogwai

mogwai humorless prick

Oddometer:
    Now for the big question...Gobbler down????
  10. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    I am ashamed to admit that I took a rain check on turkey hunting this year.
    (I can't believe it myself . . . especially after the many, many birds I have been seeing in the past ten days or so.) I'll have to find some other ways to contribute to wildlife management I guess . . .
  11. rokklym

rokklym one man wolfpack

Oddometer:
    Bryan, Is this an all paved route? Just curious.
  12. mogwai

mogwai humorless prick

Oddometer:
    I can set you up with a sweet blacktop day if need be.
  13. Cannonshot

Oddometer:
    Yes it is. I stayed off the gravel. It would be a good two up ride, but be careful on some of the tight turns. Lots of big rocks and trees to hit up there.
  14. Paper

Paper Meh

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

I'm going to snore REALLY LOUD tomorrow night.. :lol3

I spent 2 hours hunting for my Powerlet/Cigarette lighter adapter. It wasn't that I NEEDED it, but I made it 15 years ago and used it all over the US camping, and I was DAMNED if I was going camping without it. :bluduh

Found it, so life is good.. I'll finish packing the Mule in the morning, and after my 9am job interview over the phone, I'll be headed northish, maybe.. Might have to head west, and then north.. I haven't been to LaFarge yet this year, and tomorrow might be the day..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  15. Hodag

Hodag Native

Oddometer:
    out.

camper shopping and a stop at kohler-andrea SP
  16. Bimble

Bimble In giro in moto

Oddometer:
    Thanks Cannonshot! I just merged it with geocache .gpx file and whudya know, caches along that route. :D

Chad, I've attached a .gpx file that has not only Cannon's track, but 42 caches in the area. The info for them is in my Palm, so ... okay, I'm a dork.

:lol3

Attached Files:

17. mogwai

mogwai humorless prick

Oddometer:
    unacceptable
  18. Hodag

Hodag Native

Oddometer:
    priorities
  19. Paper

Paper Meh

Oddometer:
    No Hamm's for you!!!:lol3
  20. freeflow

freeflow get in or go in

Oddometer:

come on mang....ok, I know your priorities:thumb ....so what time are you dropping off the cider at my office?..I'll bring it there in the morn...thank you for that...:deal

and Mogs...remind me....how much oil am I bringing?...and coolant?. (I'll bring enough to do your KLR chuck...but some others need oil?)....
    all doo tools and spare gaskets will be packed on the KLRs...if needed too much, I will pull trailer over with bikes and toys in....

shelly and I will ride over on the KLRs tomorrow morning....be there fore 11ish...

PS wasn;t there someone that needed a doojob tonight?....someone else gonna have doo specific tools?....or I can maybe swing by for a bit this afternoon...

oh yeah.....lunch (1ish) flyby/straifing run is the plan today (Hodag can come along as he drops off the cider :deal).....whatever you want filmed from the air better be in your yard.:deal ...seek cover...:lol3