Wisconsin Doohickey DAZE, May 4-6

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by mogwai, Feb 19, 2007.

1. DieselTwin

DieselTwin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It was a nice weekend.Thanks Mogwai and Mognurse for great hospitality.:clap Hope to:freaky see U again.
  2. WIsixfitty

WIsixfitty rock and roll the bones

Oddometer:
    I've heard it's very restfull if you sleep by the fire. :1drink

A big thanks to the gracious Mog family for the great day and evening.

It was also great to finally meet some of you ff's and I hope we can do this again sometime somewhere in the future. Lets give it a few weeks so I can rest up.

I soldiered on down to Leland for a look-see and a brat. Damn those winds. They were tiring and made for a few suprises. Whoaaa nellie.
    520 miles also.

Nice pics klasjim. btw was that you heading west on 33 near Portage today?

Thanks again,
    Dave :)
  3. Klasjm

Klasjm R100gs

Oddometer:
    Dave,
    I guess the V Strom heading east near Portage with the custom built bags must of been you.

A great weekend!:clap

[​IMG]
  4. GSAnderson

GSAnderson Wandering Swede

Oddometer:
    I've heard that too. Mogwai and Mognurse treated us WAY better than a bunch of dirty AdvRiders deserve. Thank you both for a first class event. It was great meeting more of you FF's. :freaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. tengai

tengai *

Oddometer:
    Random photo's without commentary. Hope everyone had a good time and arrived home safe as I did.

Thanks again for hosting the event! Don't think I didn't hear that part where I was welcome again Mog's. :deal :lol3

[​IMG]

That was the Motel room shot on the way up. Just threw that in there because it almost looks like I know what I'm doing with a camera.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now this guy, claimed he was a pilot of some sort. The guy was saying he could change this tire with his eyes closed - was totally wasted.

:hide

Just messing around - that's Pilot and it was a privelage to shoot the shit with him for a while. :deal I just managed to take a bad picture of him. :lol3
    [​IMG]
  6. rokklym

rokklym one man wolfpack

Oddometer:
    Big thanks to Mogwai and Mognurse for hosting this event, it was a blast!

It was great meeting some new people and seeing some old friends again. There were a few of ya that I never really got to meet, wished I would have.

Kathy and I met Ernie in Sparta and headed towards the farm in the rain, luckily after 20 minutes of rain I stopped and put on my rain pants and the rain stopped. :D

Ernie and Kathy talking at Shiprock
    [​IMG]

Ernie is a good guy to have with!!
    [​IMG]

Kawasaki beer cooler
    [​IMG]

My girlfriend really liked Moseys Tiger, she normally doesn't like adventure bikes.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pilot farting around with his Merrmites
    [​IMG]

Went for quite a tour in the Cannonvan with Cannoshot, Skeeter and Kathy
    [​IMG]

Bryan took us to some cool places
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bryan breaking the rules
    [​IMG]

Bryan knows all the cool places
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bryan liked this sign!
    [​IMG]

Pretty cool Saturday night but we survived. It was nice to see the sun in the morning.
    [​IMG]

We headed out towards the Slimey Crud and made a stop in Montello to look at the fake waterfall.
    [​IMG]

The Slimey Crud was a zoo again. Squids doing wheelies on crotch rockets and knuckleheads doing burnouts on Harleys made even being a spectator dangerous. As soon as we heard about somebody crashing and possibly dead, I was sick of the stupidity and ready to go. this was the only bike pic I took at the crud run!
    [​IMG]

Kathy and I ended up leaving about 20 minutes before Ernie but got stopped when they had the road shut down for the med-flight chopper.
    [​IMG]

We sat there for maybe 10 minutes and then decided to go south and take the scenic route home. ended up with 426 miles for the weekend, probably the biggest trip that poor old VFR has ever been on in its 13 years on the road.

thanks again!!
  7. tengai

tengai *

Oddometer:
    A few more photo's I just found. I thought I had taken a few more. mogwai, FREEFLOW, and Pilot. Not a real good shot of their faces or anything though.

[​IMG]

This KLR is either FREEFLOWS, or Shelly's. :scratch
    [​IMG]

Rhonda and Bell shortly before I took off Sunday Morning. I wanted to take Bell home with me - what a cool dog.

I wonder if there's any beer left in that 40 ouncer? :lol3

[​IMG]

Twin headlight Ernie's ride. He spent a lot of time talking to folks about the set-up.
    [​IMG]

Thanks again mogwai and mognurse!

Alas, it's Monday morning, and it's time to get back to work for me. :bluduh
  8. mogwai

mogwai humorless prick

Oddometer:
    This is the "before" shot. Who has the "after we painted him up purty" shot? :evil

BTW, me & Pilot took a little ride Sunday afternoon after a nap.... Came home to see one of tht lawn chairs smoldering in the camp fire. It had blown into the fire ring and was mostly melted. :lol3 Must have been that frigging mole. :evil

Pilot took pictures.
  9. Hotspice

Hotspice Satellites not acquired Supporter

Oddometer:
    [hijack]

I see you got the top box mounted Ernie. Looks like it was meant to be there.

What's the beverage capacity of it?

[/hijack]

10. freeflow

freeflow get in or go in

Oddometer:
    that is a FEDERAL OFFENSE !!!!!!!!.........:lol3 :hide

hopefully it was a fancy pants kermit chair...:lol3
  11. Bimble

Bimble In giro in moto

Oddometer:
    :fitz

:D
  12. vfrjohnny

vfrjohnny Adventurer

Oddometer:
    thanks to the mog family the weekend was turned out fantastic , fun was had by all I met alot of good folks had a couple of beers and got stuffed beyond what any of us deserved and started & ended it with a great ride through some countryside :clap
  13. mogwai

mogwai humorless prick

Oddometer:
    YOur efforts were not in vain, Jon. We sold the bike this evening. Anybody want to sell a Tiger or Scrambler or..... I have cash in hand. :evil

Gonna farkle the KLR with some of the cash.:wings Where did I bookmark Fred's website? :scratch
  14. jdiaz

jdiaz .

Oddometer:
    Congrats! Hopefully the new owner won't find all the hardware that Paper cross-threaded. :lol3
  15. WIsixfitty

WIsixfitty rock and roll the bones

Oddometer:
    dang! I was hoping my "snooze" was not documented. :snore :brow
  16. Paper

Paper Meh

Oddometer:
    A tap.. A tap..
    My kingdom for a tap..:lol3

Dearest Mr. Diaz..

I munched a great breakfast in Albany on Sunday. Edgewater Cafe. Western Omelet, loaded with bacon (and other vegetable stuffs) and Roesti potatoes.. MMMMMMMM :thumb I suggest you give it a shot (except on Sunday afternoons cuz they close at 1pm).

I forgot to mention earlier, it was great to meet Tengai!!! We've chatted online for years and I knew who you were from 50 yards away. As much as I would have liked to stay Saturday night, I had some visitin' to do with old friends that I'd promised, and I would have missed them if I would have stayed. As it was, I didn't make it to the Slimey Crud Run til almost 10, and a good friend of jdiaz and I was there, and I wanted to see him before the Bonzia rally in a few weeks. :nod

Again, great time!! I was thinking about the smell of chicken when I had my campfire on Saturday night, killing all those micro-organisms in the soil. :lol3
  17. tengai

tengai *

Oddometer:
    It was nice meeting you too Paper! I guess we have been talking about it for years now.

I've met quite a few people from advrider, and not many from klr650.net where I've been a member and a moderator for a longer time. :scratch
  18. mogwai

mogwai humorless prick

Oddometer:
    mmmmm, microorganisms. :dg
  19. SpeShel

SpeShel Mrs Freeflow

Oddometer:
    Echo's of thanks here as well... Thanks Chuck and Dawn for such wonderful hospitality. It was wonderful to meet you both and share your haven for a little while... beautiful setting, good food, friends, and fun..

Here are a few more pics to share:
    Brian - need a camera? Let's see - Cannonshot, how do you get those great pictures? hmmm.
    [​IMG]

seriously though - thanks for snapping a couple photo's for me:
    [​IMG]
    and a few others:
    [​IMG]

on to the convention... the doohickey affair...
    [​IMG]

anyone need a closer look?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Elmer working on his tire change - Great to meet you and Thanks a bunch for letting me take the Big Red Pig for a ride!!!! Really, I didn't have any fun at all, nope not at all :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and neither did pilot or Bell
    [​IMG]

more fun to be had and john deere time...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

a little horseshoe game ... how many points is it for good form and who won? :ear

[​IMG]

can never have enough campfire photo's...
    [​IMG]

A lot of fun had by all.... and cannot say enough - THANKS and it was a pleasure meeting everyone!! Looking forward to the next adventure...

Shelly
  20. pilot

pilot ...

Oddometer:
    Yes, that BRP was no fun at all. None. Nada. I won't ever want to ride one of those again. Ever. I mean, how much power does one need? And it had no weight. What's up with that? And with the springy parts, how can you tell when you hit a bump? No fun at all.

I did have fun meeting everyone. Lot's of new faces for me to put with names. :thumb

Today, I'm in Kansas City. I had a message waiting for me on my return. Seems the river is about to go out and the airport is in danger of flooding again. The flood in 1993 was about twelve feet deep in my hanger. My crazy friend is on Vancouver Island right now and has a plane, bus, Scout, and about ten tons of tools in his hanger. We got the Scout and the airplane out and on to higher ground for now. If I need to, I'll haul the plane somewhere today if the river forcast is bad. Far too nice a plane to lose.

I don't have my camera USB wire to upload pics with me, so pics of Doo Daze and the flood waters will have to wait a couple days.

The bus:
    [​IMG]

Some day, when I'm not so traumatized by the whole ordeal, I'll do a "drive" report on the "Bus Trip From Hell". :eek1