Wolfman Expedition Dry Saddle Bags

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by randingo, Nov 22, 2016.

1. ThirtyOne

ThirtyOne I got my wings back. Supporter

Oddometer:
    I used them for my trip to Guatemala and back. They were fantastic. Very easy to take on and off ( I took mine off every day) and slung over a shoulder to bring into hostels and hotels. Really, no complaints.

The other option that I like is the Adventure Spec bags. Clever idea where the nylon heavy duty outer bag stays in place on the bike and you can easily slip out the inner waterproof bags. This is smart because if you wreck and hole a Wolfman bag, you lose its waterproofness. (Or if some kid knifes it for whatever reason)

The AS bags have that outer layer to take any damage. Plus you leave the outer bags attached and remove the inner bags so there's no need to strap and unstrap every day like I was doing.
  2. pontoon

pontoon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Does anyone use inner bags for the expedition so that the inner bag can be loaded up and dropped in?
  3. HanzoSteel

HanzoSteel n00bish

Oddometer:
    I bought a couple plastic trashcans and cut the sides so it would collapse in, then I use a shopping bag (not the plastic) and slide them in. Works great.
  4. WileyRTW

WileyRTW Wiley

Oddometer:
    Just sold my wolmans so removed the trash container...mine was Sterlite 1082 in case they still make them and someone ends up searching for info.

I also only cut the top portion, I did not put a slit down the side. They were a bitch to get in and out, I think I had to stand on it to get it fully seated inside the bag....but it retained the shape perfectly and never shattered/cracked in the few times I dropped the bike.
  5. jwrover

jwrover Been here awhile Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bed- Bath and Beyond
    Bro!
    randingo likes this.