Wolfman Racks pics...

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by DrRock, Aug 29, 2011.

1. DrRock

DrRock Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looking to purchase the Wolfman racks and rear bags. Anyone have these and are willing to share some pictures?

I'm looking for a rear picture that shows how lopsided the racks look with the stock exhaust.

I just can't cough up the cost of a new exhaust right now...

Thanks
  2. HighFive

HighFive Never Tap-Out

Oddometer:
    Business traveling & dont have photo handy, but I have them now with stock exhaust. They are no problem.....wonderfully designed. You'd have no regrets.

HF
  3. Memphis Slim

Memphis Slim n00b

Oddometer:
    Ive got them on my F650 GS twin. Racks look great. I'll send a pic as soon as I can take one. I have the Teton bags. OK, but not as big as I thought they would be.
  4. butterflymethane

butterflymethane Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have the wolfman racks and the expedition dry bags. This is the set-up I ran for my TLH trip in July. Bags survived, even with a wee high-side on the freshly graded, deep and loose gravel. The bags are 100% waterproof and am quite happy with them overall.

[​IMG]
  5. DrRock

DrRock Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the picture. I think I am sold. butterflymethane I am in Ontario too, where did you buy yours?
  6. butterflymethane

Oddometer:
    I ordered the racks and panniers directly from http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/ but Dual Sport Plus in Stony Creek carries them as well .Wolfman had an after-Christmas sale at 19% off MSRP, so if you can wait, they might have it again.

My only beef about them is how long I take to strap these bags on. Then again, I am quite meticulous, b/c I don't want anything falling off and/or shifting around. For extra stability, you definitely will need side racks, but Wolfman has accessories for you to attach the bags to the non-Wolfman ones.
  7. Hogan's Hero

Hogan's Hero Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Not quite a rear picture, but it does give you an idea of what they look like. I am very happy with mine.
  8. Aanarchy

Aanarchy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here is my review of these bags from a year ago. Plenty of pics.
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=577798

I've used them on several trips since then, including the MT1000 and 5 days in Mexico. Still love them.

They are fiddly to get on and off if you're hoteling it, but for camping I nver take them off the bike. Great setup.
  9. Chop Chop

Chop Chop Long timer

Oddometer:
    Do you have a closer pic of the tool tube mounting. It looks exactly like what I want to do. TIA
  10. bsobolik

bsobolik n00b

Oddometer:
    Has anyone used this rack with hard cases? I'm 99% sure that this rack is the setup I want for my KLR650, but I'd like the option to mount hard bags in the future. I know from the web site that hard bags are an option, but it would be great to get some opinions from folks who have actually used this rack with hard cases.
  11. The Griz

The Griz Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I absolutely love my Wolfman/Backroads Moto racks with the Wolfman Expedition Dry Line Saddlebags. So much so, in fact, that I sold my beloved Happy Trails Teton hard aluminum cases and racks.

In regards to the possibility of using the Wolfman/Backroads Moto racks for hard cases:

The new version of the Wolfman/Backroads Moto racks are designed with some extra mount holes in order to add an optional strengthening crossbar... Something necessary when using the racks for the much heavier aluminum hard boxes.

[​IMG]
  12. Motorfiets

Motorfiets Long timer

Oddometer:
    stole this from Finn

[​IMG]
  13. butterflymethane

Oddometer:
    Not intending to hijack this thread, but here are the pictures for the tool tube. The tube was originally to hold a Brunton Fuel cannister, but the cannister leaked, so I just ditched the fuel cannister and now use the tool tube to hold my tools. It's secured by "hose clamps", which I didn't think was strong enough, so I added 3 heavy duty zip ties.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. DabsAlot

DabsAlot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I recently bought a new to me F800GS that came with BMW Vario top case and side boxes. I would like to retain the Vario setup for pavement trips, but also use the Wolfman Expedition side bags for the more rugged stuff. Has anyone tried that combo? I was thinking of buying the hoops and fabbing something to use while retaining the Vario mounts.

Steve