Wolfman Saddle Bags 2010

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by LostViking, Jul 18, 2010.

1. CORider

CORider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've been using them for off-road trips mainly and so far they show little wear,<br/> and believe me my bike has been on it's side more once!<br/><p> If you notice the Zega in the photo...well those boxes did not fair well on that trip, my riding partner now has Wolfman bags too!
    IMG_3156.jpg
  2. soyanarchisto

soyanarchisto Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    You guys did notice that he asked for pics of the bags OFF the bike and not ON the bike?

Dr. Rock--do you want to see what the BAGS look like or the bike? Here's a pic of my bike with the wolfman rack, without bags:

[​IMG]
  3. Baloo

Baloo Itinerant jackass Supporter

Oddometer:
    I cover the waterfront in Norfolk Virginia.
    Just traded a gerbing jacket for these. Mounted on trax racks. I think this will be the of road bags from now on. I will use the trax for groceries.

Have an X Challenge and was wondering how hard is the Wolfman rack install?

[​IMG]
  4. soyanarchisto

Oddometer:
    Took me about 15 minutes to install the racks.
  5. Baloo

Oddometer:
    on a g650x?
  6. soyanarchisto

Oddometer:
    Whoops, sorry about that. No, on an F800gs.
  7. Baloo

Oddometer:
    I might weld tabs on the trax mounts
  8. soyanarchisto

Oddometer:
    Color over it with a sharpie
  9. Mr B

Mr B Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yellow Duct Tape!
  10. DrRock

DrRock Adventurer

Oddometer:

Thanks for the photo. Yes, I was looking to see what the racks look liked on a F800 not the bags. Do you have a shot from dead centre, rear? I want to see what the clearance of the exhaust might be and how symmetrical they look.

Thanks...
  11. The Griz

The Griz Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    So I've noticed in some of the pics around ADV of the Wolfman racks on the F8 that the right side tubing makes contact with the plastic trim on the right side. Is this still the case? can someone post some close-ups of both side so we can see if contact is being made? I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a set of these. Thanks.
  12. DrRock

DrRock Adventurer

Oddometer:

I am very close to buying these too, but I want to see some more photos from the rear without the bags...someone must have a set and a camera handy?
  13. WoodWorks

WoodWorks House Ape

Oddometer:
    I'm on my way home from Death Valley tonight, with all I needed for a four day trip in my Wolfman panniers and a Wolfman double-ended duffel. Temps on this trip ranged from 23°F to 68°F, and I hit snow, hail, and rain, so I had all of my cold weather and my warm weather gear with me, plus street clothes.

[​IMG]

But it all fit in the Wolfman bags. I also had some tire fixing tools and an air pump in the small Pelican top box, and all my camera gear in the tank bag. But bottom line: I don't need any more carrying capacity for any kind of weather, over any kind of terrain. And as long as the clothes are washable in a motel sink, I could carry on indefinitely.

These bags are tough, too. I hit some deep gravel going up Echo Canyon in Death Valley and took a little biff. No damage to the bags or SW-Motech racks (or the bike).

[​IMG]

The bags carry all I need, and are less likely to snap my leg than hard bags if the bike decides to take a nap. Waterproof, durable, and with the removable racks, the whole kit disappears if I just want to go out some afternoon and run some twisties. Just get 'em, I say. And why worry about permanent racks? Anything that'll bend the SW-Motechs will probably bend the Wolfman racks too.

But stay out of Echo Canyon.

[​IMG]
  14. ba_

ba_ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is anyone using these bags with Touratech pannier racks?
  15. señormoto

señormoto Supermoto Abuser

Oddometer:
    Hardbags mounted to Wolfman racks
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and ammo cans...
    [​IMG]
  16. ba_

ba_ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have a good picture of the wolfman saddle bags seat straps? I'm mounting my bags to Touratech mounts and it seems like the seat straps need to be a little longer but I'm at the end of the adjustment.

In the instructions it says adjust the height of the bag by "adjusting the seat straps at the buckles". Does that mean I shouldn't try to lengthen the straps a little at the bags?