Wolfman saddle bags on bmw racks

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Stymitshinks, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Stymitshinks

Stymitshinks cowbeller

Oddometer:
    I got a pair of Wolfman expedition dry saddle bags for Christmas and I have the racks for the 1200 GSA cases made by Touratech. The left hand bag is about 2" from the muffler when I put it on empty and cinch it down. I don't know how it will work with stuff in it. I am a little worried about load shiftage during travel and melting my bag. Does anyone have experience with this set up?
  2. The Griz

The Griz Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Can you post a link or post pics of the rack you speak of? What does it look like?

Wolfman states that the rack must be of "normal" pannier rack design (Touratech, Happy Trail, Hepco Becker, NOT Jesse or BMW Vario Racks or any other weird shaped rack design), and a loop no greater than 9 inches from top to bottom:

[​IMG]

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QBPGiYQXVg4&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QBPGiYQXVg4&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>
  3. Stymitshinks

Stymitshinks cowbeller

Oddometer:
    I don't have a pic of my racks right now, I can post one tomorrow. The loop is ok height wise, but the loops are not flat. The left side bends in over the muffler and the right side contours with the gas tank. I have spoken to Wolfman about it and I know that it is not ideal. I am just looking to see if anyone has experience with the setup and has any ideas how to mitigate the issues.
  4. Calikatoom

Calikatoom Norcal Moto Nut

Oddometer:
    A picture is worth a thousand words!

I have the Wolfman bags but I also run the Wolfman racks. They are awesome! Sometimes they can be tricky to cinch up after the straps have gotten wet/dry/muddy. I can live with that.