1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

Sold Wolfman Timberwolf Strap Tank Bag

Discussion in 'Bike Parts and Accessories' started by achtung_omi, Jun 25, 2021.

1. achtung_omi

achtung_omi gettin' dirty & lovin' it hard

Oddometer:
    Bought this from another rider here when I got a bigger bike than my WR used it for a week or two, then moved to a 1190 and had a friend give me a KTM tank bag (cuz you know, I had to go all the way orange just so the guys could rub it in even more) so this one is just sitting on a shelf.

A couple of GOOD things about this bag.
    1. It does come with the STRAP system. When I got it, it didn't have them. I contacted Wolfman and as always, they were awesome and made me straps that would work. So, you have straps.
    2. It does come with a RAIN COVER. I found it available online for only $30 so that's a plus.
    3. Map cover was never used so no creases and velcro is in great condition.
    4. I love the hard sides in the bag so it doesn't go all squishy on you when you don't have it packed full. And the ability to expand an extra inch or so is great when you do want to stuff it full.
    5. I not only used it as a tank bag - I found that I liked it as a tail bag, too, when my peak tail bag was in use on my other bike.

A couple of things to consider that aren't such plus's but could talk about it.
    1. It didn't come with a shoulder carry strap. Don't know if it was supposed to or not but I never looked into it because I always left it on the bike.
    2. As far as the velcro pull off side bags... well, I have them zip-tied to my dirt bikes right now on the handle bars. If those are a deal-breaker, I'll talk about them with you. I never rode with them on the tank bag underway because I never trusted the velcro when I had things in them.
    3. I don't know what I was thinking but I had lipgloss in there one day when it was super hot and there's like a lipgloss length faint shadow mark from it (see photo). Sorry I did....

So all that for $90 PayPal F & F.

*You're going to have to pay shipping for it & we can figure out what way you want it shipped - OR if you live near Bloomington (3 hour radius or so) in south central Indiana, I'd be up for a ride to meet you. Any excuse to get out for a ride you know.

Specs before photos:
    Removable Map Pocket
    Expandable Gusset
    Large #10 YKK Zipper Main Opening
    3 point mounting for superior holding power
    Front zippered mesh pocket
    Interior zippered mesh pocket, and key clip
    Ballistics Nylon construction
    Foam and Plastic stiffeners
    Non-slip, non-scratch bottom
    Reflective side accents and carry handle

Dimensions:
    Length: 13" / 33cm
    Width: 12 1/4" / 31cm (body is 8/3/4" / 22cm, each pocket 1 3/4" / 4cm )
    Height: Rear: 6 1/2" / 16cm, Front: 7 1/2" / 19cm (expands to 10 1/2" / 27cm)

Capacity:
    Closed - 976 cu.in. / 16 Liters (Includes Side Pockets at 61cu.in. / 1 liter each )
    Expands to 1098 cu.in. / 18 Liters

Map Pocket Size:
    Overall: 8 3/4"W x 10 5/8"L / 22cm x 27cm
    Visible: 7 5/8"W x 9"L / 19cm x 23cm

KIMG3032.jpg KIMG3034.jpg KIMG3040.jpg KIMG3449.JPG KIMG3041.jpg
    Mjpickering likes this.
  2. keithmckenney

keithmckenney Adventure riding for fun and adventure

Oddometer:
    Rockville Maryland and Hollywood Maryland
    sold?
  3. achtung_omi

achtung_omi gettin' dirty & lovin' it hard

Oddometer:
    its still available -& its still waiting to go on am adventure & see some fun stuff
  4. keithmckenney

keithmckenney Adventure riding for fun and adventure

Oddometer:
    Rockville Maryland and Hollywood Maryland
    found an Oxford to try. If it doesn't work out........
  5. rpiereck

rpiereck Enjoying my Himalayan Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'll take it off your hands. I'm PMing you.