Won't start when warm

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by oclv454, Apr 10, 2010.

1. tmex

tmex Long timer

Oddometer:
    That is what I thought, but I could be wrong. If you listen carefully you can hear an injector cycling when the ignition is switched on. I thought it was separate, but don't know that for a fact. In any case cycling the key gives the process a chance to "prime the pump" more than once.
  2. JRWooden

JRWooden never attribute to malice...

Oddometer:
    Ya know ... I just went out and turned the key on ... now I'm confused... :lol3

Usually I hear a kind of a buzz/beep escalating tone that I pinpointed to the fuel pump pressurizing the rail (I think).

Tonight all I hear is a clikca-clicka-clicka which I think is the idle air control stepper motor positioning its self for a cold start. (idle up)...

I think I may have to spend a few months at Wyotech so I don't feel so stupid..........

I need some sponsors.......... :wink:
  3. JoelWisman

JoelWisman Long timer

Oddometer:
    There's no cold start injector on these bikes and I don't think the bike cycles the injectors with the key. Both would be nice but the EPA and DEQ, and probably DEA are against such these days :(

The fuel pump only primes if the fuel pressure sensor on the fuel rail senses the system is not still pressurized as happens over time when fuel bleeds past the check valve on the fuel pump.

I'm pretty sure all the clicks before engaging the starter are relays and the idle air control valve.

I miss cold start valves.
  4. JRWooden

Oddometer:
    Joel...
    You reckon the EPA would be ok with one of these? :lol3

[​IMG]
  5. JRWooden

Oddometer:
    Thanks!

Memo to file ...

The Beeeeeeeeeeeeeep sound means I'm not riding often enough!