Wooden beeds on the saddle

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Hacksaw, Nov 22, 2001.

1. Hacksaw

Hacksaw Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Guys

Have any of you used those wooden beads that strap on bikes seat? I've seen them On a few bikes at the last rally I went to.

I "did not" like the way it looked but if it is real comfortable I might consider some.

I'm not ready to spend money on an aftermarket seat at this time. Thanks.....

:ear
  2. Road Dog

Road Dog Tough Adventure Wanderer

Oddometer:
    I am on my third bead cover. The first was on my FLHTC, the second and third was and is on my ZX1100. I currently have +52K miles on the ZX and most of them are with the beads. With trips as long as 1050 miles in a day I think the beads make the stock seat something special. Initially they were to allow airflow in the heat of Florida summers. The side benefit was the lack of fatigue points and a remedy to the adhesion of my skin to my jeans. I'll keep using them until I find a bike with a perfect seat.
  3. Hacksaw

Hacksaw Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Road Dog

I've heard like statements....:):
  4. fish

fish Banned

Oddometer:
    I heard the Taliban like beaded seats on their motorcycles.
  5. Rob Z

Rob Z Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How about a negative report.?

Tried a set on my '01 Tiger and had monkey but in less than an hour on the road. This was a Saturday twisty ride with few straight sections. The beads also made me feel like I was going to slide off the seat, although I never did.

But hey I don't drive a Taxi either.

Rob Z.