Woodmans BMW/SWM

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by innathyzit, Jan 17, 2014.

1. vsaltao

vsaltao Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hahahaha , i had also the same moment last weekend but in a hard single track sandy track, just thought "floor it and go after the 450 guys". I ended bashing my head on the sand :).
    Has you said the te250 forks are very good (on hard firetrails with rocks etc its ways better than stock) but she is still heavy on gnarly sand :).

2. innathyzit

innathyzit AKA Woodman

Oddometer:
    How to lose about 20 kgs off the back of your bike.

First step, remove one of the mufflers and the crossover pipe, then de-cat the other muffler and convert it to straight through. Then solder in a resistor from Jaycar into the O2 sensor plug to fool the ecu into thinking the O2 sensor is sending a "more fuel please" message to compensate for the new muffler set up. Pulls like the proverbial now. That was worth about 6 kgs.

Second step. Eat only once a day for a couple of months. That is worth about 15kgs (so far).

Looks way better without the RHS pipe aye?
    [​IMG]
    RMOTO, Takataka, vsaltao and 3 others like this.
  3. vsaltao

vsaltao Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Niceeee , did you remap it to the Arrow Map or use standard map? Also could you post the resistor you used and did you just plug the crossover pipe or and were did you do it :)
  4. innathyzit

innathyzit AKA Woodman

Oddometer:
    Still on standard map that was updated when the new engine was fitted to help with coldstarting. Dealer hasn't returned my call re arrow map yet so have contacted SWM direct. I just used a 2.2k OHM resistor that cost 70cents for a pack of 5 and soldered a female terminal on each end and plugged them into the correct 2 terminals in the O2 plug then taped it up. Cut the cross over pipe off at the junction and welded a patch on it
    vsaltao and DLRuapuke like this.
  5. Underground

Underground unbefuckingbelievable

Oddometer:
    Good work on both counts, maybe you should start wearing hi viz now so that you can be seen on the road....
    innathyzit likes this.
  6. DLRuapuke

DLRuapuke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So how is the temp now that a few kms and the setup change..................................
  7. vsaltao

vsaltao Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice, as DLR said do you know if them temperature in the motor is lower now that she is richer?
    Do you still have backfires? (mine at least sometimes does that).
    I am going also this way to loose some weight, but i want try the arrow map and buy a new pipe to connect the 2 parts to the can (better flow???)
    Maybe arrow map + single can + resistor = best mod for the rs :)
  8. innathyzit

innathyzit AKA Woodman

Oddometer:
    Hard to tell as the weather has been pretty cold and rainy for the few short rides I have had which mainly consisted of pulling wheelies around Richmond and hooning up and down and across the river. Desperately need a decent rideout.
    DLRuapuke and Night Falcon like this.
  9. innathyzit

innathyzit AKA Woodman

Oddometer:
    It still pops a wee bit but not as much as before the resistor was fitted. Pops a little bit on decell, but all bikes do, so not worried. I will get a better midpipe made up after a bit more testing after I fit one of these.
    [​IMG]
    KTM 950SE neptune mufflers that i got on trademe(NZ version of ebay) for $170 for the pair. Have a removable baffle which is nice, and they weigh about the same as the decatted muffler, and i will have a spare. Just getting a flange made up to adapt to the pipe. Will report (with pics) once fitted and tested.
    vsaltao likes this.
  10. vsaltao

vsaltao Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice, do tell us because i have seen also similar ones online for a nice price :).
    One more question regarding the "power up" mod , are this also the correct wire colors for the swm a "The plug that comes from the harness will have 4 wires. You want to connect your resistor to the green/red and white/brown wires " ? (taken from a howto for the te630)
  11. DLRuapuke

Oddometer:
    Thats what Im keen to know also.........................
    Jaycar for the resistor - 2.2 ohm resistor ?
  12. innathyzit

innathyzit AKA Woodman

Oddometer:
    Yes those are the wires.
  13. innathyzit

innathyzit AKA Woodman

Oddometer:
    Yes thats the one. Would be interested to see if you notice the difference only doing the o2 delete and leaving standard pipes.
  14. DLRuapuke

Oddometer:
    True
    I will crack on with that first and see how things run eh..............................
  15. Night Falcon

Night Falcon Broke Engine Supporter

Oddometer:
  16. innathyzit

innathyzit AKA Woodman

Oddometer:
    Yeah I did see that and asked a question mainly fishing to see if it is my old engine repaired and put back in the demo bike. After thinking about mine for a while now I reckon that my gasket was on its way out before it was even shipped out to australia but I miss diagnosed the slight leaking out the catch tank.this engine has none of the same symptoms.
  17. DLRuapuke

Oddometer:
    Do you have a part # for the 2.2 k ohm resistor...............
    Jay Car wanted me to be more specific - he mentioned measurements in watts ?????????/
    I gather that all we are trying to do is relay a signal ?
    He said perhaps 1/4 - 1/2 watt

2200 = 2.2k in my books

Ta
    Gazz
  18. innathyzit

innathyzit AKA Woodman

Oddometer:
    Yeah they had a 10 watt one but it was about half the size of a ballast resistor and I knew that wasn't right, mainly because I ordered a plug with the resistor off ebay for a husky when I first got the bike which didn't fit and the resistor was tiny. Anyway I got a pack of 0.5w resistors from jaycar as per pic. I assume they are what is required, but so far so good.
    resistor packet.jpg
  19. DLRuapuke

Oddometer:
    OK got it...................

Ta
  20. Pete-NZ

Pete-NZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    So you never seen the nob on my XT to richen or lean the air/ fuel ratio...

it is so simple...... 1 ohm pentometer connected to the air box air temp sencer wire...
    what it dose is lie to the the ECU about the air temp.... tell the ECU the air temp is hotter it leans the fuel ratio..
    tell it that the air is cold and the ECU richens the fuel ratio..

With the bike sitting idleing you can here the engine note change as you turn the nob as the fuel ratio is leaned or richend...

it is quite good... lean it out for the road miles...richen it when you get to the dirt....

A guy called Kev from OZ..sells them on E-bay for the XTs.....