Woodmans BMW/SWM

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by innathyzit, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Pete-NZ

Pete-NZ Long timer

Oddometer:
  2. innathyzit

innathyzit AKA Woodman

Oddometer:
  3. Pete-NZ

Pete-NZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Vids of how they work...

Mc107, bikemoto and innathyzit like this.
  4. bikemoto

bikemoto Tyre critic

Oddometer:
    Reminds me of a mate racing in the Suzuki Swift series c.1990. Stock class, limited mods allowed. They'd do this mod, run up the engine on the dyno to find max power, measure the resistance of the pot, buy a resistor of that value, and discreetly add it to the wiring harness.
    DLRuapuke likes this.
  5. innathyzit

innathyzit AKA Woodman

Oddometer:
    Just took the bike out for a couple of hours over some familiar territory. Definitely pulls better, but somehow just doesn't seem to have the same oomph, (bloody hell earthquake), all over. To me it seems choked. Will plug the O2 sensor back in and go for another ride soon.

Edit. Plugged the O2 sensor back in and it is much nicer to ride now. Smooth lineal power just like it was before, just a tad louder, and definitely more power up top. It felt strange before, sorta disconnected. Will keep it like this until the other muffler is ready then do some experimenting.
  6. Pete-NZ

Pete-NZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is that the O2 sencer in the exhaust ?...

what happens when you omite it or put a resisster in...
    The ECU is programmed to look for a signal from it..If it dosn't see a signal
    or a constant unchangeing signal from a ressster it goes into a defalt mode...
    It needs all the info with out peices missing..

7. innathyzit

innathyzit AKA Woodman

Oddometer:
    Yes O2 sensor in the exhaust, which i put a resistor in to compensate for a freer flowing muffler, but i reckon that the single decatted muffler actually flows worse than the twin setup with the cats. Am quite enjoying playing around with this on rainy days, and learning a bit as I go.
  8. DLRuapuke

DLRuapuke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great minds.....................
    Yes surely theres a tadmor punch and oumpf to be had out of these
    I have a project atm but when thats half sorted Im going to explore too

Gazz
    innathyzit likes this.
  9. innathyzit

innathyzit AKA Woodman

Oddometer:
    To be fair the last three bikes i have had were an xl600, klr650 and an r100GS, and the SWM is a lot quicker than all of them.
    DLRuapuke and Night Falcon like this.
  10. Mark_S

Mark_S Fair Weather Faggot

Oddometer:
    Its just a pity that its no where near as cool as your last bike
  11. innathyzit

innathyzit AKA Woodman

Oddometer:
    Fully agree with you there.You been out on (whats left of) it lately?
  12. Mark_S

Mark_S Fair Weather Faggot

Oddometer:
    Haven't been for a proper ride since I finished it earlier this year. Between house renovations and babysitting my spare time seems to have totally evaporated.
    Once the renovations are done I'll make some riding time
  13. innathyzit

innathyzit AKA Woodman

Oddometer:
    Had a afternoon ride to hori bay then over the maungatapu. Been s couple of years since I have been to horI bay. Lots of the old tracks are overgrown but still a lot of cool riding up there.

Standard hori bay shot. 20181028_135030.jpg
    vsaltao, Mark_S, Takataka and 4 others like this.
  14. rogirwin

rogirwin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My bike was on that very spot last weekend. It did also see quite a few tracks that were overgrown but couldn't explore properly as I had my 9yo son with me on his DRZ125.
    innathyzit likes this.
  15. Dsgb031

Dsgb031 The older I get, the faster I was

Oddometer:
    Ok guys, Ive got a few questions for and I have no doubt that between all of you highly intelligent and ruggedly handsome gentleman the answers will be pouring in fast enough to shut Facebook down if we are not careful.
    As some of you may or may not know, I will soon be the proud owner of a brand new SM 500 R. I'm trying to get everything done to the bike at the dealership so that all I have to do is write a check and then proceed to grip it and rip while all over town embarrassing anyone on anything foolish enough to pull up along side of yours truly. First off is exhaust. I feel like a single sided system is the way to go because it's much lighter and less restrictive. The Arrow system was designed in close relations with SWM to get the ultimate in weight savings and increased flow and performance. The unit that I saw advertised at the racing shop in Texas which is a SWM dealership is only a slip on and not a header back system. Now these come with a competition map and are said to be a great step up from stock. It's kinda pricey for just a slip on however. My question is, what systems from the Husqvarna models will work and what year models of said 510's are interchangeable with the SWM systems.
    Next point of concern. Being that these bike have no cush drive feature to reduce wear on the gearbox due to the increased traction when riding on the street and the super sticky sumo tires along with the simply retarded manner in which I ride. Think very talented yet very stupid 14 year old who simply gives zero f*@ks, and you can imagine why I think that a slipper clutch is a very valuable tool with which I can protect my trany and promote reliability and longevity in my new baby that I hope to have forever.
    Next up is what modifications would you guys and gals consider to be essential? I've heard mention of a TPI mod, an O2 sensor mod, and something about modifications to the kickstand that makes the bike safer. Also, are there any rear racks from other models that will work? And last but not least, are there any graphic kits for these bikes? I like to stand out from the croud just bit. Thanks for taking the time to read this here post and I very much look forward to hearing all of your intelligent, nay, inspired responses.