World travel partner....

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Sweed, Apr 15, 2004.

1. Sweed

Sweed Oversteer adict

Oddometer:
    Hello guy´s

After riding my 02´GS ADV for a number of km´s now, reading a number of books about famous world travellers as Ted Simon, reading your stories and further more not really enjoying life to the max at the moment makes me thinking of getting on planning for a world tour of some years on my motorcycle.

I would like to go when I´m turning 30 in two years but a more realistic starting date would be in 3 years. :wink:

As I am a pussy I would also be interessted in a travel buddy! Anybody serious may PM me at all time!

see ya. :huh
  2. jlundin

jlundin Globe-Stomper

Oddometer:
    I need to get on this too (ar svensk ocksa!)

Where are you?

Three years could be a good time frame to plan and save money.
  3. Sweed

Sweed Oversteer adict

Oddometer:
    I might as well introduce myself.

My name is René, 28 years old from the Netherlands but living and working in Sweden (Trollhättan). Been riding tarmaq for 9 years now.....and always ready for adventure. Control system and vehicle dynamics engineer, speaks english, swedish, dutch, german and some french.

Countries of main interest are India, Tanzania, China, Australia, New zeeland, Brazilien, Mexico, USA....I just need to find a road connecting them.

I would possibly be looking at 1-4 year trip.

//R
  4. Frank Warner

Frank Warner Traveller

Oddometer:
    There are roads between china and india..

Yer'd have to have a long snorkel for Austrailia or New Zealand by road though..

Try http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/ for advice, information and almost anything eles on overland trips ...
  5. pilot

pilot ...

Oddometer:
    As Frank says, Horizons Unlimited has lots of info on this. It's a good place to hook up with people doing what you want to be doing.