1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

Found WR250R - Oregon (Adventure set-up, "newish")

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by On the dry side, Sep 24, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. On the dry side

On the dry side Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Greetings,

I am looking to buy a super clean, newer (2015 or newer), low mileage (5000 or less) WR250R set up for adventure riding. I am looking for one of those bikes that was built up for the TAT or BDR’s, but time never allowed the ride to happen.

Wants (but not deal breakers - open to variations)
    • Large fuel tank - blue (4.7)
    • Farkles (Skid plate, hand guards, heated grips, racks, LED lights, etc).
    • Lowered would be ideal (link, stock lowering, seat). 30 inch inseam here.
    • I prefer stock suspension, programming, and exhaust.
    I am open to stock versions also as long as they are newer and low mileage.

Located in Central Oregon.
  2. Myers79

Myers79 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’ve got a super clean 2008 with 2,400 miles with a bunch of the things you’ve mentioned for sale. Has anything important changed on the ‘15 and up?
  3. On the dry side

On the dry side Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Myers79,

To be honest, I would look at your bike and consider it, but you are in Southern California. With that said:

2015 and up is quite arbitrary, but I have been pretty "unlucky" with older, low mileage bikes and cars recently. 3 negative experiences are having me move in a different direction this time. Rubber gets brittle, fluids sit and coagulate, and resale value (along with insurance values) plummet over time. Each time it ended up costing me more than if I paid a bit more upfront. Since the "older" bikes retain a pretty strong value, it seems to make sense to spend a relatively small amount more to avoid some of those pitfalls.

But I have do like your bike and it does check a lot of my boxes. I especially like that GPS display . . . .
  4. Myers79

Myers79 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Totally understand your thought process. Good luck on your quest!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.