fixed
  2. notmybikemodelname

notmybikemodelname KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer:
    Not for McGilla Gorilla types like yourself. :rofl
  3. browneye

browneye PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer:
    Not if you're gonna ride with these guys. Half the hp and another 50lbs will not put you at an advantage. The WRR is a good mini-adventure bike. Does road well, but it's no trail machine.

I got a direct comparo doing jetting and general maintenance between our WR250F and 250XCFW. The former had the aluminum frame and you can't get to jackshit without practically disassembling the whole bike. The KTM? Walk in the park. There's really no comparison. And the KTM was faster, better suspension, easier to ride, 6 gears vs 5, better range, just an all around better bike. Similar years, both 250's.

The 450/525/530 class bike are a little longer lived if not run too hard. Raced, they require similar maint and rebuilds to the smaller bikes.

The early 2000's 400 is commonly overlooked, but they're a great bike for anyone that wants a good plated bike but doesn't need the very latest state of the art. Can be had for about 3-bills for a really clean one, less for one with some time on it. The RFS motor is dead reliable and long lived, screw-type valve adjust, good suspension. Right about 250lbs.

If you're under 175lbs the 07 up 250 is a little screamer, super light, RC5 (updated) motor with a single oil reservoir. Great bike. They come up for sale in the $3K's but hard to find a plated one. Starting '07 the 450/525/530 were all plated (EXC's).

The new 350/500 is state of the art, but big $$. The Husky TE310 a good alternative for less $$. Not going to get into 'bergs or betas here.
  4. Off Limits

Off Limits Banned

Oddometer:

fixed:rofl
  5. Kap

Kap Single Track Scalpel

Oddometer:
    Let me make this clear. IM NOT GETTING A NEW BIKE. Start all over, no fuckin way. Im very specific about how I like my bike set up and its expensive to do. This 450 is 7 years old, guess I shouldn't complain too much. Besides, now that its down for a while I can bond with my bad ass mother fucking CR500AF Rekluse rear hand brake. Dingding da ding ding ding da ding ding ding ding da ding ding ding.
    Gonna start that bonding this week end.
  6. HoosierTrailmaster

HoosierTrailmaster Just an Old Grizzly

Oddometer:

Don't hurt yourself ding ding ding ding.
  7. notmybikemodelname

notmybikemodelname KOTW is a myth!

Oddometer:
    Nice, have fun on that machine this weekend.
  8. Off Limits

Off Limits Banned

Oddometer:
    Real men ride 500s. " with real clutches" :evil
  9. Kap

Kap Single Track Scalpel

Oddometer:
    Your an idiot.
  10. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:
    Hmmm, what's that smell coming from the forest......
  11. Burmshot

Burmshot Born to ride

Oddometer:
    It smell's like a cow trail criminal. :roflThat's what happens when you get cow shit on your tire's. :lol3
  12. Kap

Kap Single Track Scalpel

Oddometer:
    Don't be to close behind when that 500 starts shooting cow patties at ya:D
  13. Burmshot

Burmshot Born to ride

Oddometer:

That would be ugly to get a cow patty in the face why'll riding, but then again Between friend"s what's a little cow patty love going to hurt.:freaky
  14. daleCarlsbad

daleCarlsbad Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No one has stated the obvious about ALL newer dirt bikes! :wink:

Packaging.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    Through the years bikes like everything else have gotten more complex and harder to work on.
    <o:p></o:p>
    What you get is better handling, a plush long travel suspension, and more horsepower packaged in a tight, well balanced, light weight frame. KTMs are well thought out and I appreciated the craftsmanship & easy maintenance having owned several in the past&#8230;.but in the end&#8230;.those old 2 strokes of days past were so much easier to work on &#8230;.and I still have fond memories of my 250 Pursang & 400 Penton. :D

<o:p>[​IMG]</o:p>
    <o:p>That said........................Try jumping a triple on this fine sled :freaky</o:p>
  15. browneye

browneye PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer:
    Wow...nice Mint 400.

I had a '78. That was the first year KTM put their name on the bikes coming to the US. This is the MC5.

But I dunno, no choke circuit with the kicker on the left, they were harder than hell to start. But yeah, definitely easier to work on. :thumb

[​IMG]

I had a new Six Days in 1973. Put a plate on it and rode it to school. They had not invented the word 'dualsport' yet.
    This is a restoration many years later of a '72 model. John Penton imported them from KTM in Austria starting about 1967. Was really a nice trailbike.

I was doing a few motocross races about 74 when the Honda Elsinore came out. I'd hole-shot them and then they'd pass me in the corners. LOL. A new honda was $674. The pentons were way over priced at about $1200. I thought that was a LOT of money. :D

[​IMG]
  16. dunerat

dunerat WTF?

Oddometer:
    :rofl

im sonna sig line that quote:lol3
  17. junglemototours

junglemototours trailplug

Oddometer:
    Roostin and tearin up the trails, oh great. :wink: Hope you got that beast jetted right finally.
  18. Off Limits

Off Limits Banned

Oddometer:
    I'm not the one who rides a 500 with an auto clutch.
  19. Cannabinoid

Cannabinoid Banned

Oddometer:
    this message is self destructing...
  20. phixmup

phixmup возьми Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Absolutely nothing, BEST mod I did to my service Honda. Once I finish molding my 4gal 450X tank it will be the second best mod:D

RIDE ON!