Wunderlich AktivKomfort seat

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by AHS, Aug 11, 2010.

1. AHS

AHS Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone have one? Thoughts? I didn't see it on Wunderlich's US site but did here on the German one. I live just over an hour from both Touratech-West and Wunderlich so I can go grab a seat from either. My dealer, an hour in yet another direction has some no-name French-made seat of gel for the same price but I have to trade seats...not digging that idea!

Getting a Sargent will probably kill me on shipping plus for something like a seat, I'd like to get one locally, especially when German law mandates a 2 year guarantee.
  2. geno2w1

geno2w1 Vagabond dreams

Oddometer:
    More than a few might be jealous. You forgot to mention that parts are 19% cheaper with the right form!

That seat is a bit too new for any real feedback. Even a .de forum for F8GS's doesn't have any info. The Wunderlich site says that they are still working out the kinks and making seat pans so there's a wait till the end of the year. Mein Deutsch es sheisse, but I think that's what it says.
  3. apleschu

apleschu Chief Cat Herder

Oddometer:
    Sounds good, but will not be available until the end of 2010. At least thats what the German site says, and my German is quite OK
  4. AHS

AHS Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Oops, zipped right by that (release date)! I've got to go up there and swap out a handlebar bag, I'm going to see if I can be a test rider for the seat. Dealt with the guys at the shop before and they were really cool. never know!

Geno- Ohhhhhh yes! That little form has saved me thousands as I'm sure you know!! My favorite motorcycle shopping day is the one day thaw-out sale at Louis & Polo which sit across the street from each other in Trier...30% off everything and then I get to knock an additional 19% off of that! :eek1 Sales guys just shake their heads in disgust :lol3
  5. AlanI

AlanI Adventurer

Oddometer:
    As do I. :2cryAs you mentioned Trier - we (wife and I) shall be up your way early September as part of a 1 week Mosel tour - weather permitting. We intend stopping 3 nights in Klotten (1 day sightseeing including short flight over the region, 1 day biking in the area); 3 nights in Piesport (again 1 day sightseeing, 1 day bike touring), and finally 1 night in Vianden - Luxemburg. Trier itself won't actually feature in our trip - I detest cities and anyway I've visited there several times over the years. Although we live only 197km as the Crow flies from Cochem the wife has never actually been there (or in fact anywhere on the Mosel) so we're really looking forward to it.

I don't know how well you yourself know the area but there are two good pieces of literature that I can recommend: a book published by Rukka, "Mosel" - ISBN 3-933385-19-9 cost €11 and a leaflet/tour map from the ADAC "ADAC motorradtouren MR10 - Luxemburg, Eifel-Ardennen" (free to members).

@ others. OT I know. Sorry, will try not to do it again. :bash
  6. geno2w1

geno2w1 Vagabond dreams

Oddometer:
    While we're way off topic...How do I get the leaflet from ADAC? I'm a member and I've heard good things about the maps and the mosel is my "back yard". Might even do a day trip up to Cochem tomorrow.
  7. AlanI

AlanI Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Two ways: either call into an ADAC office and pick up the Motorradtourenkarten - available individually or in a set of about 30 or so. Free to ADAC members. The card you want for the mosel is MR10 as I indicated in my last post.

Alternatively, log in to the ADAC site, click the 'Info and Tests' tab, scroll down to motorrad > ADAC Motorradtorenkarte. Here you will be able to download and print out any of the maps that you want or simply view them as is your want.

And yes, they highlight excellent routes for the biker. A couple of years ago we got all the maps necessary and did a 3000km tour across the Alps starting from just south of Munich and ending up in Narbonne (France) where we put the bikes on the overnight train back to Stuttgart. These cards also indicate recommended biker accommodation.

Here's a screenshot of a small section. Green roads are recommended motorcyclist routes.

[​IMG]
  8. AHS

AHS Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I went to Wundelrich on Saturday and they gave me a firm November release on the seat and that they would have test seats I could try...

now back off topic :wink: ...great place to go AlanI, I'm 10 Kms from up the hill from Piesport and Geno is closer. There's a cool nature park/zoo in Klotten you can check out and there's always something going on at Nurburgring! Cochem is pretty awesome, too. If the weather's nice, you'll see about 700 million bikes at the Cochem square! TIP: There's a parking area on the B-259 overlooking the castle and town, great for photos. Traben-Trarbach is a nice place, too...Have Fun!!!

By the way- The Bernkastel Wine Fest is the first weekend of Sept and is really, really cool!!!!!!!
  9. dogmanuk

dogmanuk Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Have you not tried the BMW comfort seat? It really is good and costs nothing like that!:eek1
  10. Moto Mikey

Moto Mikey Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    $500 :fitz
  11. AlanI

AlanI Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :kbasa:kbasa:dutch:super
  12. lmclamore

lmclamore Citation Collector

Oddometer:
    I just had issue with paying BMW for another seat so I went with TT. Makes me feel like I'm $preadin' the love but most importantly my ass appreciates it. Don't know if its the seat or the thinner wallet though:(: .