Wunderlich Vario install with some welding.

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Canada Mike, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Canada Mike

Canada Mike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Decided to try this screen after our last trip because of the wind blowing my head around on the highway. I made a mod to it by welding a stainless bar between the adjuster for mounting my GPS. I have the windscreen set just below half adjustment and I look over it by about an inch, I am 6ft. With the bar welded as show the screen still has full adjustment and can be lowered all the way for off road. Going to be testing it today to ensure the adjustment latch doesn't slide with the weight of the GPS.

Attached Files:

2. Canada Mike

Oddometer:
    Rain wind and sun...Outstanding protection and adjustability. I have tried Mirage II, Cee Baily, and in my opinion this is the best for me. The Mirage II being a close second but the Wunderlich lower screen is wider at the base and flows the wind further around you.
  3. GR3Y

GR3Y Wanderer

Oddometer:
    When did they add the horizontal bar between the sliders? Or is this something you did your self? because i don't have this on my 2010 f800
  4. Canada Mike

Oddometer:
    I had that tig welded on for the GPS mount. It actually tightens up the screen.
  5. Klojes

Klojes n00b

Oddometer:
    I have the same screen for a month now, but think they added the bar by factory later on.
    Reason that got me convinced to spend 300 euro on this windscreen, was the bar to install my gps on it.
    Problem is that the upper screen and so the bar as well, both wobbles, so it's practically unusable as gps mount.
    I mailed wunderlich about this, and asked them if they have an solution or maybe an reinforcement for this, but they replied with the bar is not made for carrying an gps.

Don't you have the wobble? Or do you guys know how to fix this.

http://www.wunderlich.de/shop/de/tourenscheibe-vario-f-800-gs-25370-100-1.html
  6. Canada Mike

Oddometer:
    Mine doesn't wobble so much that I can't use the GPS. Seems like something is not quite right. Mine is usually less than half way up.