1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Wwyd?

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by Zecatfish, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Zecatfish

Zecatfish XTique Rider

Oddometer:
    This has to stop, and if you know anyone that is this destructive and inconsiderate of the areas we have to ride please please advise them there is talk of closing more areas of the National Forest!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BH2OaEELvFk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BH2OaEELvFk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Theres other areas that are technically not part of the OHV areas in the Forest they're doing the same thing to. Like along the North Fork Illinois Bayou, and then theres the road off Lindsey Motorway not far off Hwy 27 that goes upto the Winderness area is nearly impassible because this type of asshole. Some of the ATV trails are nearly ruined to from this thing.
    I can run down a whole list of places that it would take a dozer to straighten out and years of strict no riding enforcement to cure.

So how do you stop this stuff?
    I think education and peer pressure and advising them that they're in danger of loosing the places all together would not and just get you an obligatory FY from the offenders.

This is a serious problem!
  2. mouthfulloflake

mouthfulloflake Not afraid

Oddometer:
    why does that gas powered aerator have headlights on it?
  3. DirtyDog

DirtyDog Omnia mea mecum porto Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah, that's pretty bad. Been to Brock Creek- nice place. There is a coalition of singletrack riders that maintain most of those trails, correct?? Maybe they need to ride more often and regulate. :1drink
  4. bwbcpa

bwbcpa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Two weeks ago I was riding Page Road and came upon some areas that had been ripped up from this type of riding. I'm not sure what I would do if I saw it happening, but I wouldn't hang around to see the outcome. This is one of those, "Here, hold my beer" moments. :eek1 :freaky
  5. Pr0xy

Pr0xy Shreddin' the gnar

Oddometer:
    Makes me sick.
    :puke2

Not only do they ruin singletrack, they make it more likely for EVERYTHING to get shut down to OHVs.
  6. Zecatfish

Zecatfish XTique Rider

Oddometer:
    River Valley dirt Riders is on e of the main groups.
    http://rvdrs.com/index.php

yes, I'm a member as is some others that post here.
  7. JV

JV What?

Oddometer:
    As Ron White says "You can't fix stupid"
  8. Pr0xy

Pr0xy Shreddin' the gnar

Oddometer:
    What would I do? I would comment.

gtp22.
  9. motobone

motobone Free for all!

Oddometer:
    Yea, makes me cringe.

I ride at Lee Creek and Mill Creek quite often, and after seeing the videos on YouTube of a certain demographic destroying the trail system, it makes me sick.

Tread lightly
  10. Silver

Silver Dirtnewb

Oddometer:
    Are the area's patrolled at all? Not sure what I would do except for possibly see about getting the area's patrolled. Confronting a gaggle of drunk rednecks with four wheelers on your own and telling them to stop doing what they're all "WHOOOOO YAAAHH"ing at will almost definitely end up in a confrontation and not solve anything. Sadly enough.
  11. SCQTT

SCQTT Zwei Kolben

Oddometer:
    I am not a real big fan of ATVs, but this same sort of thing happens with trucks and Jeeps too. Actually I see a ton of people that buy really expesive motorcycles and then do the same thing thinking they are submarine captains. Seems to me like mostly GS guys who think they have bought the two wheel version of a Range Rover.

Freaking retards.

Artic Cat just intoduced an ATV with a great big snorkle on it. :huh
  12. Zecatfish

Zecatfish XTique Rider

Oddometer:
    Theres exactly ONE ranger to patrol the area with authority to do something about it. Sad I know, but thats the way it is right now.

There is plans in the works to charge a Forest User Fee, I don't have many details, but its going to be somewhere between $25 to $100 a year. It could be per person and covers all the vehicles you ride, or it could be per vehicle.

The details I do not have. But it is coming, and the money will be used to provide enforcement and other projects. This might be a great thing to stop this kind of behavior.

Time will tell.
  13. bwbcpa

bwbcpa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've seen some mudders turn a pretty good road into mud soup. In fact, today I saw some mudders and four-wheelers using a highway dept sandpile as a ramp! It's not one particular group as much as it is the irresponsible attitude.