Wypers do Mexico

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Chriswyper, Dec 5, 2019.

1. michaellmcc

michaellmcc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dudes - What a great write-up after a fabulous trip! You traveled a fair-sized chunk of the American southwest, as well as Mexico. And you obviously did it with aplomb, riding skill, inquisitiveness, interest in everything along the way, and kindness to others. Thank you for taking the time to journal it (I can never bring myself to do so).

You refreshed my memory, having ridden many of the same roads in AZ-CA-MEX; we were in Baja just two months ago, before the pandemic. No surprises, although the road to Mike's was very dry and had much deeper sand than my last trip to the Rancho.

I'm glad you learned a lesson about tires, and suggest that there's more to it than tire endurance (mileage). Critical that you choose tires that will perform in all conditions when your route will be off the grid. Believe me, Baja can provide any and all road surfaces: Asphalt, deep sand, boulders, gravel, deep wet and dry ruts, etc. After using them for three years, from the Arctic to Mexico, my co-riders and I have landed on Michelin Anakee Wilds. They work every time, all the time, and mileage is outstanding for such a tread pattern.

Thanks for taking us along!

Mike
  2. strom thingie

strom thingie Lost and Proud! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Really enjoyed the RR. Love Mexico and can't wait to get back. Zacatecas is a beautiful city. I rode into it 2 years ago only planning to spend one night. Three nights later, I finally left. Can't wait to go back. Thanks for rejuvenating my memories.
  3. PVMotos

PVMotos Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great ride love the family aspect... we all ride as well wife kids etc.
    Anyway not sure if you are aware there is an annual road race on devis spine, espina del diablo. Have freinds whom have raced it. It's becoming quite big wit riders even from Europe showing up.
  4. PVMotos

PVMotos Adventurer

Oddometer:
    After living in mx for last 15 years I know what u mean. Border officials no comparison they are simply non welcoming north of the border, people in general seem uptight stressed. Sad.
  5. bigjohnsd

bigjohnsd '14 BMW R1200 GS Adv Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great Report. If you make it up to the Black Hills give me a shout. We've cared for a few wayward Aussies in years past.