X-ing @ Nogales- ins question

Discussion in 'Americas' started by Hektoglider, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Hektoglider

Hektoglider One with Life

Oddometer:
    I know I can get my bike sticker and tourist paper at 12 miles south of the border from Nogales.I am wondering where I can stop on my bike on the way and get some mexico bike insurance,maybe just before I cross the border? If I go the 12 miles, do they sell the ins at the same area as I get my importation sticker? or do I need to pick it up beforehand? Thanks.
  2. Lone Rider

Lone Rider Registered User

Oddometer:
  3. Hektoglider

Hektoglider One with Life

Oddometer:
    Thanks LR, last times I went to Mexico I crossed at other locations and stopped to buy some insurance at a broker just at the border. This time I will likely cross at Nogales and may end up buying it online but would like to know 1) where I can stop along the way and buy the ins 2) if I go the 12 miles to where I get my sticker if it is possible to buy ins at that location or not. This is some information that I searched for on ADV for a bit before posting the question.I cancelled my bike sticker at that place on my way north last time.I also see the RR showing tricepilot with the ins at the 12 mile spot but it doesnt mention if they bought it there or not.
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287754&page=3&highlight=tricepilot
  4. DesertDog

DesertDog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Last time I was in Nogales. Az. there was several store fronts advertizing that they sold motor insurance for Mexico. Never looked into it as I always parked on the American side and walked into Mexico.

deDog
  5. gasandasphalt

gasandasphalt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Shop around while still in the states!!!!!!! you get 12 miles into Mex.,,, and guess what:rofl you can bend over,, grab your ankles,,,,,,,,,you already have been given the answers to your question.