X-LARGE aluminum panniers CHEAP

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by sallydog, Jul 1, 2009.

1. andrewgore

andrewgore Gôremā

Oddometer:
    I want to apologize to anyone who followed the McMaster part numbers I posted up. The Strike\Latch Assembly part number was incorrect. The correct number is as follows:

1590A14

The original part number I had up there would only get you a latch (no strike). The proper part number has the latch AND strike. Sorry for any mixup.

Andrew
  2. Oldgoat01

Oldgoat01 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was vacillating between these and another set that is on the vendor forum. The other set are turnkey (comes with latches, powder-coating, etc.) but cost more. My concern was two-fold. One, I didn't really care about powder-coating (and therefore paying for it) and more importantly, the hit and miss reliability of the other vendor. So after a couple of questions to AndrewGore, I decided to plop down my money with Chris. Paid on the 16th, they arrived at my doorstep on the 24th. However, I gotta be honest, there was an issue. Apparently, Chris was not happy with the fit of the lids initially. He pm'd to tell me he was reworking them to get them right. Interesting contrast to the communication taking place with other vendors. The cases look good, no gaps in the welding and, to be honest, they look a whole lot better than Chris represents. I expected it to look like a welding job I would do. If you want to invest 30 minutes with a grinder, I'm sure they could be just as pretty as some of the others. I'll try to get pics once I get them mounted but would definitely recommend Chris in terms of quality of product, speed and communication.
  3. XT Traveler

XT Traveler Long timer

Oddometer:
    Are you still making the panniers and are they still $250?

Thanks

Scott
  4. sallydog

sallydog https://sallydog.smugmug.com/Pets/LD-Travel/

Oddometer:
    not at this time. sorry
  5. OsoADV

OsoADV Oso

Oddometer:
    man, wish you were. what happened?
  6. sallydog

sallydog https://sallydog.smugmug.com/Pets/LD-Travel/

Oddometer:
    not enough interest in indestructable boxes.
  7. bigtop

bigtop Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If ya change your mind I might be interested in some :clap