XB12X Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by danger_dave, Feb 19, 2006.

1. ERD

ERD Custom Rider

Oddometer:
    I’m running the Evitek E1 fanless LED bulbs as I didn’t want the fan and ballast on their F2 LED Bulbs.
    The light output is on par with my 35W HID but without the issues of HID ballast not firing.
  2. Boondocker1

Boondocker1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Took the useless out for a spin last night... too fun!

upload_2019-8-15_10-40-33.png

upload_2019-8-15_10-41-34.png
  3. Wyocrawler

Wyocrawler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Boondocker1 likes this.
  4. Mnrider2

Mnrider2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  5. Boondocker1

Oddometer:
    Haha! Yea, I've got a love hate relationship with the beast. Right now I love it. Hands down the most comfy bike I've ever owned.
    panhead_dan and Oilhed like this.
  6. Wyocrawler

Wyocrawler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had the same love hate thing with it. Thing kept trying to kill me. Lol.
  7. rcf2

rcf2 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  8. Boondocker1

Oddometer:
  9. lowriderglen

lowriderglen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That was impressive.....
  10. DaveJ_U.P.Rider

DaveJ_U.P.Rider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Rural road riding in the southern U.P. of MI over to Oconto, WI with 10 bikes. One stop was Hall Farms sunflower field in Rock, MI. 360 miles on the Buell that day. FB_IMG_1566873819137.jpg FB_IMG_1566873792864.jpg FB_IMG_1566873868653.jpg
    JimRidesThis and soloyosh like this.
  11. portero72

portero72 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Somewhere on Bursum Rd, east of Alma NM

Attached Files:

12. ERD

ERD Custom Rider

Oddometer:
    IMG_7278.jpg

Visited the Haas Motorcycle Museum
    JimRidesThis likes this.
  13. ERD

ERD Custom Rider

Oddometer:
    Hooked up with his two headed twin

IMG_7295.jpg
    JimRidesThis likes this.
  14. brando4905

brando4905 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Brought a Uly home several weeks ago, brought her back up to spec with bearings, fluids, breather mod, added RSS, homemade bracket over ECM, fixed a few stripped holes with helicoils (Derby cover) and put a fresh set of TKC80’s on it. What a blast these are, love it! And wayyyy cheaper than hunting down another GS.

Yep, that’s a huge Givi tank bag turned around backwards on the tail (had left over from GS), with the quick release tank ring. Cheapo VUZ soft luggage that’s unbeatable for $99.

This 2007 only had 12k miles, I could tell by the wiring loom and other areas under the seat that this one had never been off-road either. Wtf? I made sure it’s all nice a dusty under there now.

9A2D9152-D709-47B0-80C8-887C25AEA8EC.jpeg D3C81D76-1FE8-45F9-A1B7-D42812008CEF.jpeg
    Boondocker1 and JimRidesThis like this.
  15. portero72

portero72 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    97F220B6-4A62-4F42-94FE-47E70CB7C3D5.jpeg Out by White Oaks, NM.
    Boondocker1, bambr and JimRidesThis like this.
  16. dolomoto

dolomoto Destroyer of Motorcycles

Oddometer:
    I haven't installed this (yet) but I trust the guys at Twin Motorcycles. If they are selling and installing it, it's likely a quality product.

Buell LED headlight plug n play replacement
  17. dolomoto

Oddometer:
    Last week, I took a moto trip from NE Italy to Amsterdam. I rode the long way thru Passo Stelvio. Was still nice weather (around 45F at the top).

[​IMG]

I found a good spot to camp just into Germany from the Swiss border.

[​IMG]

Leaving Waldshut Tiengen, I rode north thru Freiburg. Very nice, very few cars and nice weather.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It rained most of the last day of the first leg of the trip. I dropped it off at Twin Motorcycle in the Netherlands for some PM (wheel bearings, oil change, primary check, plugs, wires, etc.) and repair (rocker box gaskets, ECM reflash (fan was running too long), etc.).

[​IMG]

I had to fly back to the states for the weekend but I'm picking Boo-L up on Tuesday and spending the rest of the week meandering thru the Alps.
  18. Lornce

Lornce Lost In Place

Oddometer:

Wow! What a trip.

Great photos!

:thumb :thumb
  19. dolomoto

Oddometer:
    I finished my trip by riding from Amsterdam back home to Italy. I used the app "Kurviger" to route me. Although it routed me thru some alleys vs the main road (because the alley was curvier), I did find a few gems that I'm not sure I would have found on my own.

After riding all day in the rain, I found a campground in the middle of a small town (Roetgen) in the Germany/Belgium border. How small? I pitched my tent in Germany and walked 10 minutes to Belgium for dinner.

[​IMG]

Martin at Twin Motorcycles in the Netherlands did a great job on the PM work (wheel bearings, primary chain check, oil r/r, etc.) and also fixed my leaking rocker box (replaced the other while he was in there). If you don't follow the FB page ( " Twin Motorcycles Buell Support Forever " ), it's a good page. Martin documents much of the work he does and has many "how-to" videos and article available.

The second day was all rain and I made it to Wolfach, Germany. The campground was family run, super clean and had home cooking..winning!

[​IMG]

^ Hahnschnitzel (schnitzel with fried speck and 'kraut).

The next day I packed up before sunrise in warm, windy but dry conditions. The rain didn't hold off long but by the time I made it to Arlberg, Austria it had quit but it had gotten much colder due to the elevation.

[​IMG]

The scenery was nice as I went over a few minor passes.

[​IMG]

Once I got over the first mountain range, the weather turned quite nice.

[​IMG]

Stelvio in the background. I had this crazy idea to camp in sight of Passo Stelvio; ocnce I arrived, the campground was closed for the season so I decided to get a hotel on at the top of Stelvio.

[​IMG]

The top of the pass was nearly deserted (it was a weeknight) and the snowmelt has refroze into black ice (behind my Uly). The hotel is in the background but the drive up to it was treacherous...just slush, snow and ice. No bueno.

[​IMG]

The back side of Stelvio leads to Passo Umbrail and back into Switzerland. I took a moment to contemplate my choices...

[​IMG]

So, I pressed onward down Umbrail with the goal of hotel camping in Glurns/Glorenza, Italy.

The ride down Umbrail was scenic.

[​IMG]

I got checked into one of the two town hotels and ate at one of the three restaurants. Non-typically, they closed at 8pm but I had just enough time to get checked in, unpacked and walk to dinner. I ate at a restaurant that was a former monastery and had the "menu completo"...fixed price, 3 course meal. The steak was nicely done with Kimchi and creamy polenta...I ain't gonna lie, I was sceptical of the kimchi (I make it) but it was mild and complemented the steak seasoning well.

[​IMG]

Streets deserted by 9pm.

[​IMG]

My high hopes for fair weather the next day were well-founded and Kurviger found me some nice roads. This road is "Via Grossweld" near Tanas, Italy.

[​IMG]

Although early for lunch, I did find a nice spot with a million dollar view.

[​IMG]

Kurviger led me up a mostly empty road out of Santa Valburga, Italy. Nice sweeping curves and killer views.

[​IMG]

As I got closer to home, Kurviger led me across SP133 (Strada Provinciale 133). It was curvy to say the least but was mostly empty of other traffic.

[​IMG]

^ This last photo is about 1.5 hours from my house; as I strafed across the Asiago plateau, I saw a few more moto's...mostly sportbikes taking advantage of the mostly empty roads and good pavement.

All in all, it was about 2000 miles. The return trip was much mo betta on account of the fresh tuneup, the addition of a right side air scoop and some good mirrors (the PO had replace the stock mirrors with ones where I could only see my elbows).

A prossima!
    panhead_dan, Lornce, DADODIRT and 4 others like this.
  20. bambr

bambr Adventurer

Oddometer:
    damn nice views
    Shastarider likes this.