XB12X Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by danger_dave, Feb 19, 2006.

1. JimRidesThis

JimRidesThis Local celebrity

Oddometer:

Cheers guys :thumbup I checked out the weblink. It looks like a really useful, robust, well-made item - Dean obviously has great fabrication skills; I’d love one! But, I think once shipping to the UK, customs charges and our Post Office handling fees are factored in it’ll probably be an unrealistic proposition. (Still probably cheaper than the Touratech original :rofl).

However, it does look like a reasonably doable DIY possibility. I’ll get some cardboard out and make a template before attacking a sheet of ally. It ain’t going to look as good as Dean’s though :D.
  2. ERD

ERD Custom Rider

Oddometer:
    I didn’t realize you were across the pond. Have you looked into other method of inexpensive shipping?
  3. JimRidesThis

Oddometer:
    I don’t know at any @ERD . The basic rule of thumb is that for packages under £135 ($180 ish) inc. shipping, you don’t pay tax or import duty. I’ve been careful to stay under that figure when ordering parts from St. Paul’s, etc. You still pay a Post Office handling charge, something like £10 ($14 ish).

Over £135 and you pay import duty (8%) and VAT (20%) respectively (on the shipping charge too) plus the P.O handling charge. Basically, most goods from the States cost the same in £s here as they do in $s at your end. On the current exchange rate, that’s about a 35 to 40% hike in the dollar cost. That makes one of Dean’s bash plates $385 (plus shipping, plus the duty and VAT on that, and the P.O’s £10). Like the bash plate, it soon mounts up! :D

I guess you never know, with us now out of the EU and your change of government, perhaps the cost of imports might change for the better.
  4. ERD

ERD Custom Rider

Oddometer:
    It might be cheaper for you to find a leftover Touratech part there locally than to buy one from the US!
  5. whipit1k

whipit1k Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, here are a couple pics of my newly acquired 06 Uly. I had always been fascinated by these things and threatened several times to buy one....well this one popped up recently and here it is... It has been a crash course on all thing HD and Buell. Never owned one before.

I have just replaced the wheel bearings (upon post swap inspection, the ones I removed were fine), fixed a small leak in my oil cooler return line, changed the oil and filter, changed the trans oil, replaced the front tire, ect

These little jobs went pretty well for a non HD guy. I have to say, I really dig this bike. It is a complete departure from the many japanese and european bikes I have owned in the last 30 yrs... Very interesting in every way....if not a ball of fire.

I have got the Buell race ECU, a K&N filter and a Drummer converted muffler. I think my friend's firebolt was faster but the Uly is not at all boring to ride

I have a set of very stout , Buell branded Caribou bags and rack system I will be selling soon, if anyone is interested thumbnail - 2021-03-03T214846.186.jpg thumbnail - 2021-03-03T214924.997.jpg
  6. whipit1k

whipit1k Long timer

Oddometer:
    Caribou bags and rack

120240235_10207577840440117_3627389308311518103_o.jpg 120275944_10207577843520194_4836670128928533833_o.jpg
  7. luftkoph

luftkoph Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spigatelli and whipit1k like this.
  8. JimRidesThis

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Took mine for a run out for it’s annual MOT test - this is on the way home (sort of :D)
    X1Glider, Lornce, hdxbones and 2 others like this.
  9. devilsnightmare

devilsnightmare Rocksteady

Oddometer:
  10. devilsnightmare

Oddometer:
    Returning from Deadhorse Alaska and stopped while riding the Ice Field Highway, Alberta Canada
  11. devilsnightmare

Oddometer:
    IMG_0391.JPG IMG_1737.JPG

Attached Files:

12. devilsnightmare

Oddometer:
    IMG_2884.JPG
    Asiago? My mothers from Rotzo, just west of Asiago. I was born there and lived in Vicenza for many years.
    hardbern likes this.
  13. dolomoto

dolomoto Destroyer of Motorcycles Supporter

Oddometer:
    Close...IIRC, this was near Caldonazzo, about 50km northwest of Rotzo. The road thru Rotzo off the west side of the Asiago plateau is a favorite...lightly traveled, good pavement and very few side roads. SP78.

<iframe allow="fullscreen" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="1080" height="1920" src=""></iframe>
    [​IMG]
    Hughlysses and JimRidesThis like this.
  14. devilsnightmare

Oddometer:
    The road between Caldonazzo and Gherteke is wonderful. My cousin and I rode all over the Asiago plateau and north of ValSugana. Getting up to Rotzo from Pedescala has very nice twisties. Here is my families home and the barn that my uncles built right after the war. It is on the west side of Albaredo.
    dolomoto likes this.
  15. devilsnightmare

Oddometer:
    402510ED-9848-4E1D-ABC3-5ABC542D8882.jpeg

Attached Files:

dolomoto likes this.
  16. Paebr332

Paebr332 Good news everyone!

Oddometer:
    New shoes to help the big girl dance better in gravel,

87CE2F5C-83AD-4A38-8857-C7E573651E61.jpeg
    hdxbones, Spigatelli, Hefty14 and 2 others like this.
  17. PerazziMx14

PerazziMx14 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Delivered last Sunday.

Looking for pannier racks so I can ditch the top case.

Tons of fun for the money spent.

Buell1.jpg
    JimRidesThis likes this.
  18. RamMan4x4

RamMan4x4 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I would recommend ditching it sooner...the rear rack was not designed to be used without the extra support from the side racks/panniers. There have been some frames that broke due to the cantilever weight on the rear rack.
    BadKarma and dtaylor like this.
  19. RamMan4x4

RamMan4x4 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  20. PerazziMx14

PerazziMx14 Long timer

Oddometer:

It does say to only put 11lbs in it. For now its good for holding gloves, tire pump and the evening compliment of 24 ouncers when going to the convenience store 4 miles up the road. Even once I find some pannier racks I'll ditch the top case and most likely the rear rack as I just don't like them
    RamMan4x4 likes this.