XB12X Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by danger_dave, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Paebr332

Paebr332 Good news everyone!

Oddometer:
    I am almost certain I just saw @PerazziMx14 riding his new Uly a couple of minutes ago. There could not be all that many black Ulys with a topbox riding down from Big Flat towards Shippensburg this afternoon.
  2. ERD

ERD Custom Rider

Oddometer:
    The rear top box takes a load of bounce and should be careful about the load. My normal (if you call it that) ride around town usually results with things in the top box being shaken up and beaten up pretty well. My Contigo coffee mug with the locked top has bounced open more than once. I’ve taken to only up thermos with inner lids that would not bounce open.

All my heavy items like tools tire kits, and extra fuel are in the side cases to keep the bounce down and the weight low.
  3. PerazziMx14

PerazziMx14 Long timer

Oddometer:
    My tire kit Stop & Go mushroom plugger (12.88 ounces) & Dynaplug micro tire inflator (13.1 ounce). Combined weight is 1lb 9.8oz combined. No to deadly heavy.
  4. ERD

ERD Custom Rider

Oddometer:
    I wouldn’t worry too much about loading the the top box as long as the weight is reasonable (like less than 2x the load limit in the sticker inside the box, lol). The passenger is at 2/3 distance of the too box to the tail piece mounting on the frame.
  5. Florida Lime

Florida Lime Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Florida, but soon fulltime in Robbinsville, NC
    I carried a Stop & Go tire plugged when I had my Ulysses too.
    Until the first time I had to use it - 3 times in the last 250 miles of a 750 trip, all on the same hole. :bluduh

Some people seem to like them, but I went back to the old standard "worms" after that. :puke1
  6. Spigatelli

Spigatelli Adventurer

Oddometer:
    FortNine did a video on these recently. He did not like the mushroom plugs.

I have never had a rope plug fail me. I once got a nail in a new tire. I plugged it and forgot about it. 8000 miles later, I saw the plug when replacing the tire.
    Hughlysses likes this.
  7. Paebr332

Paebr332 Good news everyone!

Oddometer:
    DBF1C458-25B8-4B8E-B686-17FDD05F5130.jpeg A9086E48-E98F-457B-BC8A-FAC37F8C2E7F.jpeg CF2184D8-7EB6-405F-ACCD-AAAD70FBD716.jpeg

State forest roads were a bit muddy in spots today. Definitely glad for the new 705’s. I hit some really greasy wet clay sections and the new tires played a key role in keeping me upright.
  8. hardbern

hardbern Ulygised while still alive Supporter

Oddometer:
    Finally got the nerve up to take my Buellysses off the pave path.
    This is halfway up 31 Mile Rd in the Jemez Mountains in New Mexico.
    20210507_111821.jpg
    A hailstorm right after I took this picture rolled in and I punked out, running back down the hill, since I was on my street tires, had not brought my cold weather gear, and have been caught in a snow blizzard on this mountain in June a couple years ago on my GS and it was a 25 mile (past this point) of muddy tumbling for 2 hours... I'll be back.
  9. hardbern

hardbern Ulygised while still alive Supporter

Oddometer:
    Many miles ahead. Those clouds sure can change fast, fattening up faster than a telecommuter during a pandemic (me) 20210507_111238.jpg
  10. ERD

ERD Custom Rider

Oddometer:
    You have a lot more gonads than me. Riding on one of the best street suspensions bike with PR4/PR3 tires up a gravel road solo...
    Spigatelli likes this.
  11. DADODIRT

DADODIRT Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    20210514_170927.jpg

After work run up to Molass pass yesterday.
    Keep 'em rolling.
  12. llama233

llama233 n00b

Oddometer:
    Riding around East Cape (New Zealand) last year at the Buell Rally:

IMG_20201121_091704.jpg
    Heading back from the Rally along the Motu Road - was hot and dusty!

IMG_20201122_115526.jpg
  13. JimRidesThis

JimRidesThis Local celebrity

Oddometer:
    Hmmm. Hot and dusty. :hmmmmm I vaguely remember what hot and dusty is like... the diametric opposite of cold and wet, which is what we’re experiencing so far this year in the UK! :D
    llama233 likes this.
  14. Ratchdaddy

Ratchdaddy Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    You guys are killing me. I was just minding my own business and saw this 06 Uly going for only $1200 on ebay with less than 12 hours left last Saturday. It had a buy it now price of $4,444 so I figured I would plop down a bid of $1500 knowing that there was no way I would win it. Immediately the other bids ramped up to $1486 so I figured I was gonna get auction sniped at the end and I was ok with that. I don't need another project motorcycle. I watched that auction all the way down to the wire. Nobody ever bid that extra 15 dollars to win the auction. My wife was sitting there in the car with me as the auction counted down just rolling her eyes at me saying something to the tune of "I thought you said you wouldn't do that anymore". Jeez guys. Now I have to figure out how to travel 1500 miles to pick up the bike. But now I can keep my 08 XT as my commuter and do fun things with the 06. I see a set of TKC 80's in my future. I tried to smooth it over by saying at least I didn't buy the Pan America I test rode last week. Didn't help much. s-l1600.jpg
  15. llama233

llama233 n00b

Oddometer:
    Haha nice work! You'll love the TKC 80's - they give so much confidence on gravel, the Uly is already a bit flighty due to the 17" front wheel and crazy steep rake so needs all the help it can get on lose surfaces in my opinion. They even lasted better than I was lead to believe (or maybe I simply ride like a nanna?) - I got 9,600km out of a rear and ~16,000km out of a front, about 2,000km gravel and the rest street (the rear was shot by then, the front still had plenty of tread but the knobs were all rounded and sloping so not so good in dirt).

There is something immensely satisfying about taking the Uly on dirt trails - it's hard work but really fun!
    Ratchdaddy likes this.
  16. Ratchdaddy

Oddometer:
    I've had my XT out on the fireroads and I have never felt it was too sketchy. In fact I enjoyed it. I felt like it was a little more playful than some of the previous adv bikes I've owned.
  17. llama233

llama233 n00b

Oddometer:
    Yeah I guess it's all relative - I've ridden my mates 2016 Africa Twin down some trails and it's super planted where the Uly is twitching and shifting around under me. Don't get me wrong, it's a lot of fun - playful is actually a great way to describe it! It also doesn't help that I'm not a great off road rider :lol3
  18. DADODIRT

DADODIRT Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Let me know if you need a low seat. It's just collecting dust right now, but it's in perfect shape.
  19. Ratchdaddy

Oddometer:
    Thanks man. That seat looks rough. I'm gonna wait until I get her home and see what else she needs.
  20. TheGr8Pumpkin

TheGr8Pumpkin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Considering picking up a Ulysses, but I am curious if standing on the pegs is comfortable / possible for anything longer than a couple seconds at a time. Any commentary on that would be greatly appreciated.