Xena Alarmed Disc locks

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by XENA LOCKS, Sep 6, 2007.

1. XENA LOCKS

XENA LOCKS Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hello All, Thank you for the opportunity to post on this very entertaining Forum.

Not new To the U.S. though not as hyped our competitors Xena Security
    is the trend setter, high security Alarmed disc locks are a great do all solution, not infallible just better than a disc lock all by itself.
    example below yellow XM14,
    12_1.jpg
    High Security
    Chrome molybdenum steel construction with hardened 14mm locking pin and 110dB siren. High-visibility painted yellow finish to help remind forgetful riders and warn thieves. Self-contained, removable alarm module for easy maintenance.
    Certifications include SoldSecure, ART, Classe SRA and VAT.

Though very high profile in Europe due to Higher theft rates and in some countries Insurance requirements. As motorcycles become more prominent in every day use we are hearing more theft stories. Please note that if you do check into lock specs be sure to look up all of these testing criteria, USA currently has none, so like Apparel you have to look for Euro spec's by all means check ours. i may also try to post a torture test video from one of them, it is extremely educational.

We as a company are very happy to service all sizes of dealership and online businesses, suggestions for group buys or dealers are very welcome. i had planned on putting out a group buy thread very early, though have come up against an obstacle of too many products. Fit on different vehicles, we do have an online fitment chart.

suggestions and comments of all kinds are welcome.

Why am i starting here, i have a 2002 R1150GS, so this seemed a natural place to start. I am a Brit currently living in U.S. and very very happy to do so.

Thank you

Duncan Haldane
  2. Sevoman

Sevoman Ever Vigilant

Oddometer:
    Not personally familiar with the product...but know the seller.

Duncan is a great guy who is VERY service oriented. He took care of my parts needs for years at BMW Tampa and has moved on to bigger and better (hopefully:clap ) things. He is SORELY missed as a part of the BMW shop but I wish him well.

I think everyone will be happy with Duncan and what he sells. He is great about communicating and will ensure satisfaction.
    He is the real deal. A longtime BMW rider who is looking out for our best interests.
    JMHO but a bump for a good guy!:thumb

Sevoman
    Tampa
  3. stoney4vida

stoney4vida Semper Fidelis

Oddometer:
    What's the price on the XN18 model ?
  4. Benjava

Benjava ?

Oddometer:
    I got one of these alarm disc locks when they first came out. Didn't work.
    I really wanted it to work so I got two more a few years later when they lookes like they had been improved. Still didn't work. Went off when they were not supposed to and didn't go off when they were supposed to.Very frustrating because I really wanted them to work. Do they actually work yet?
  5. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
    I also had similar troubles with mine. Would sometimes go off even if no one touched the bike. Still have the lock but afraid to use it when I'm not home. Batteries also seemed to die really rapidly in winter. Xena Japan sent me new batteries but each time the same thing happened.
  6. MikeO

MikeO Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    My chrome Xena lock works brilliantly & has been very reliable.

I don't live or work in a high crime area, so don't tend to use it day to day, but always use it when on the road. It has (once :D) saved me from riding off with the lock attached - the cause of much damage to bike fairings, and even more to riders' egos, in the UK.

If you are after a useful visual & audio deterrent to someone trying to wheel or ride your bike off, then I reckon it's one of the best locks on the market...

Mike :)
  7. veetwo _tls

veetwo _tls RENOVATIO:

Oddometer:
    i have 2 of them very very good.
  8. Art126

Art126 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Mine works great. I like the portability. It fits in the back of my GS650 rack compartment when not in use.
  9. Stook

Stook Who you callin' a n00b?

Oddometer:
    A favorable comment from Mike O is good enough for me. Ordered one from New Enough. Should be here in a day or two.

Good to "see you" again Mike. Sorely miss the ride reports though. When are you off on your next great adventure?
  10. MikeO

MikeO Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    No great adventures in the offing I'm afraid - nothing in the coffers... :D

Just booked a long weekend (21st -24th September) - not sure where to go yet. Trouble is, I'm nursing a clutch on its last legs, so probably shouldn't do what I want to do...

[​IMG]

Mike :evil
  11. XENA LOCKS

XENA LOCKS Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Warranty

Lock is guaranteed for 1 year from Purchase. if the electronic module only quits please call us or e-mail me, obviously we don't expect them to last forever but neither should they last 366 days and quit. just tell us when you bought it. worst case you can buy a service kit( i think $20) but will ck best case we make you happy.

All new locks come with 1 set of batteries in it and one spare set you should get one year of use before needing to buy more batteries,

Benjava
    yes we are the first to admit earlier units had their issues, i personally have not seen this but have been told so. Please i am not dismissing though have found out that the early units are still being sold by unscrupulous dealers as new. by now will have dead batteries among other problems. please be wary of ebay sellers or similar we have had a few calls and traced them back to being made in 2002. wouldn't your batteries be dead too! th modules have advanced.

If you have any queries please contact me i love to hear about problems so we can fix them.

Coldness this is a known issue Here in the US the Only one not susceptible to very cold temps is the XN18 with the correct battery.
    LR44 last about 6 months on average though depends on use. Though just one bad battery in the pack can stop it working. 1 change out takes 6 LR44's battery's in general have a harder time in cold weather.

This is being addressed for future models. will take some time though.

twinrider
    I have been told Japan has the cold weather LR44's or equivalent available.
    if you are in japan contacting the Xena distributor is the only idea i have.

Any battery people out there help me with LR44 cold weather temp Range?
    i know what i am told but practical experience may be different . i just moved from Florida so i wont get to test until later.

stoney4vida
    XN18 retails for $199.00 As of 2007 Retail price list pm inbound.

Sevoman thanks for the kind words, i miss Tampa too, lots of great customers i use to look forward to seeing yourself amongst them of course.

Thanks all

Duncan Haldane
  12. Benjava

Benjava ?

Oddometer:
    Last time I tried them was 2002. Sounds like things have changed for the better. I still like the idea and will probably try again.
  13. Cornbread Red

Cornbread Red Fart's dust

Oddometer:
    I have a Xena Disc Alarm lock purchased in 2003. The thing is kludge. Once, having a flat tire and limping to a shop after business hours, I left the bike at thier back door with the Xena lock on.

Next morning, as the shop opened up, I called them and said I'd be coming down asap with the key to unlock my bike.. "No problem," they said..

"We found a popsickle stick laying around and that opened it right up"

WTF? ..I've popped the damn thing with my house key. In addition, it had a nasty habit of going off for no reason, as well as NOT going off when rattled on the bike.

P.O.S. -No way would I buy another one. Damn shame, too, as it looked so promising.

Chip
  14. XENA LOCKS

XENA LOCKS Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Cornbread Red
    from an earlier post of mine

"yes we are the first to admit earlier units had their issues"

i posted this about earlier models in this same thread. the electronics modules had there isssues for definent. i'm not so sure the locks themselves were ever that bad, though not having played with them myself i cannot say i been aware of these only since 2005. though it does sound like an pre-2002 model having been sold in a later year. this is good to hear though, i appreciate you taking the time to tell me, good news or bad. . the only thing i can offer is a discounted lock if you surrender the old one, if you intend to do this please PM me for details first.

though as all good companies should or at least anyone worth their salt. We Evolve, i've already seen two styles of key the latest and current model being the best i've seen yet. The electronics have vastly upgraded. on it goes compliment or concern let me know.

there are more new toys in the pipeline. :D

Thanks all

Duncan Haldane
  15. HaChayalBoded

HaChayalBoded Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer:
    I've seen a few whose batteries failed and the alarm didn't work but the owners still used them as locks. They were so used to the alarm reminding them to remove the locks that when they finally stopped working they forgot they were on. Anyway starting the bike and riding away didn't cause them to fall luckily because the locks shattered as if they were made of plastic. Barely caused a scratch to the forks. Just thought you'd like to know.

Eddie
  16. XENA LOCKS

XENA LOCKS Adventurer

Oddometer:
  17. XENA LOCKS

XENA LOCKS Adventurer

Oddometer:
    XN14 as it should be

Attached Files:

18. XENA LOCKS

XENA LOCKS Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It was just pointed out to me, from halfway around the world that my e-mail address was not correct on my signature. probably because :1drink

apologies to any trying to contact me

i have changed the signature as well, however it should read

duncan@xenasecurityusa.com