XL650r yea or na?

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by AKTroy, Apr 6, 2007.

1. AKTroy

AKTroy BE AWARE OF TRAINS

Oddometer:
    Ive got a chance at an '83 in awesome shape and only 6,500 miles on it. Thinking of grabin it up in the am. Any thoughts? NOT A 650 its a XL600r.
  2. helikron

helikron The Fixer

Oddometer:
    Get it, Troy! :clap

They're bulletproof in true Honda fashion, and you'll have no trouble getting around on the trails your V-Strom doesn't want to go on. Get the jetting right and it'll be easy to start-- your leg needs the exercise anyway. :D

Plus, you could find a set of 17" hoops and motard the thing! :wink:

DO IT!

p.s. I had one of these in high school and rode it 11K miles throughout western Montana and Idaho, sometimes into WA or OR... never a hiccup.
  3. Katoomer

Katoomer Silver Surfer

Oddometer:
    Heli's right, they're bullet proof. I rode an XR600R for years (7?) after riding TT600's prior to that. The XL if it's in great shape with only 6500 miles is a great bike with many thousands left in it. Just change the oil, keep the foam filter cleaned and oiled, slap on an after market exhaust and fatten the jetting a bit......wala!....perfect DS.

Street legal and nimble enough to negotiate lots of cool trails. I've been riding thumpers since the TT500 days. I can tell you the XL600R is a damn fine machine.

Buy it! I'd say post pics too but I can no longer see the photobucket pics as they have been blocked from here. All I see are little (-)'s :cry

Oh well....I love to read the chit chat anyway. Take care you guys.....Troy, buy the XR and well ride the crap out of Tok, Sutton, etc...