1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Xp-1 or Xp -3 jump starter

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by JGoody, Apr 20, 2014.

1. JGoody

JGoody Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anyone used these? Weigh a pound and can jump the bike or car or charge the cellphone. If so which one? The "1" has more capacity - more cost.
  2. KTMBLAG

KTMBLAG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The only difference is the accessories that comes with the xp1, personally the xp3 as all the accessories I need, not got one but thinking about it
  3. FredRydr

FredRydr Danger: Keep Back 300 Ft.

Oddometer:
    Both versions have the same capacity ("200 Amp - 400 Peak Amp Jump Starting ability") according to AntiGravity. I bought the XP3 for its smaller size, and I determined I would not need or want to carry the extra stuff that comes with the XP1.

It's smaller and more useful than a pair of jumper cables, but I confess it tends to be used more for recharging electronics. The XP3 fits into a Garmin Zumo 6xx case; people give those cases away.

Note that old inventory does not have the Apple Lightning connector on the adapter cable.

The plastic of the positive alligator clip shattered when using the XP3 to start a car in very cold weather. AntiGravity sent a replacement.

Fred
  4. JGoody

JGoody Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There is a capacity difference-- I got that straight from Antigravity. Not power but capacity. Wanting to know if the xp 3 is fine for bikes as I don't need the acc either.
  5. KTMBLAG

KTMBLAG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ah ok the specs I read didn't say that, good to know
  6. FredRydr

FredRydr Danger: Keep Back 300 Ft.

Oddometer:
    What's the comparison? Not that a typical bike needs all that much.

Fred
  7. jengel451

jengel451 1 Cool MotherF#$cker

Oddometer:
    I've witnessed first hand that one of them can start an older American V8, so a bike would be easy peezy for either one.