1. eNewsletter Sign Up

XPC Racing F800GS Seat

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by 3Rrr, Sep 15, 2010.

1. 3Rrr

3Rrr Read Ride Reflect recycle

Oddometer:
    I recieved my XPC Racing seat last week for my F800GS. Jim and the crew worked hard to push it through production for a weekend ride I had planned.

I purchased the black suede top and vinyl side configuration with yellow stitching. I'm 6'3" and have a 36" inseam. 210lbs. I requested that the seat be taller to accomodate my size and foam firm to withstand my weight. They also removed most of the forward cant of the stocker.

Let me tell you. The seat is a considerable improvement over the the standard height stock seat. My trip down to AZ was about 800 miles and I forgot to take notice of the seat. It is that good - right out of the box. I expect it will improve as the foam breaks in. I did 700 miles mostly highway in one day on the way home. I stopped only once for a meal and as required for fuel. Saw temps of high 90's. The seat was never an issue.

I am extremely satisfied with the seat purchase. The time for delivery was acceptable. The only short-coming would be that the front of the seat does pull away from the faux tank. I imagine this will possibly improve as the cover stretches. The stitching was not fabulous (I come from an upholstery background)) but is fine. I'm not entering the bike in a show - just want to be comfortable so I can use it for what is for.

I would recommend XPC Racing seats to anyone debating on what would be best for them. The options and custom built should take care of your personal requirements.

Thanks XPC Racing and Jim! :clap

Kyle
  2. 3Rrr

3Rrr Read Ride Reflect recycle

Oddometer:
    I will try and post a few pics as I have time so people can see the black suede with yellow stitching on the bumble 800.

Motoriley and others have some good shots/video already.

Kyle
  3. Gumbeaux

Gumbeaux The Chameleon Supporter

Oddometer:
    I sent XPC a stock low seat for my F800GS. I chose the suede top, black stitching, and carbon vinyl sides and spent some time on the phone describing what I wanted.

Received it today and I am very happy so far. It looks great, and feels great on the initial "sit", but I have not had a chance to ride with it yet. The seat is exactly the shape and firmness I wanted. Starting with the low was a good idea, as it still leaves me the slightest scoop for my butt and makes it easy to reach the ground (5'9, 30 inch inseam).

Customer service experience was good too. I worked mostly with Mitch at XPC. I am not the most passive customer out there, and I made a couple calls/emails which were returned within the same day. Plus, they did a couple little extra things that put the bow on good service. The seat took a little longer than originally quoted (feh, stuff happens) BUT they offered to send it back via faster shipping and they also tossed in a seat cover for me since they had not done one for that particular seat yet. The seat cover is really nice, neoprene-like with a drawstring, and I got a suede cleaning kit with the seat too. :clap

At this point, I would highly recommend XPC!

Will re-post after my first long ride this spring...can't wait!

Couple of pics, but hard to get good ones in garage, close quarters, at night...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Pete O Static

Pete O Static Adventure Seeker

Oddometer:
    Looking good. I have the exact same one, color and all coming via UPS.
  5. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    I've had mine for a year now and still love it. It does pull back a bit from the tank when I sit on it, but I really don't care. It's sooooooo comfortable, XPC really built exactly what I wanted. I'm built about the same as 3Rrr (maybe a couple of pounds heavier) and it sounds like we have the same seat except mine's all suede.

I had the BMW Rallye seat and wanted that but with a little more height in the front and a bit wider toward the rear for distance comfort and they nailed it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. Hayate

Hayate ADV Monkey

Oddometer:
    I'm looking into one of these seats, but am curious how the suede holds up in the elements and offroad? I like how the stock vinyl repels water so well. Leave the bike out in the rain, come out, wipe it once with a towel and jump on, even in jeans, and I don't soak up anything ya know.

Thoughts?

Best,
    GS Monkey
  7. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    It does soak up water, so you can't wipe it once and hop on in jeans. That said, it does dry very quickly. XPC did some sort of double waterproofing on my seat.

Mine held up very very well to two years of abuse, I got it soaked numerous times, rode in mud and left hte bike outside during the day every day. Other than the suede fading, the seat was functionally as good when I sold my bike as the day I got it. :thumb