1. eNewsletter Sign Up

XPC Seat for F800GS

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Motoriley, May 6, 2010.

1. Motoriley

Motoriley Still riding like crap after all these years.

Oddometer:
    So far I love it. Not affiliated...blah...blah..

<object width="601" height="338"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=11533848&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=00ADEF&amp;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=11533848&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=00ADEF&amp;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="601" height="338"></embed></object><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/11533848">XPC seat for F800GS</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user949568">Motoriley</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
  2. 3Rrr

3Rrr Read Ride Reflect recycle

Oddometer:
    Excellent comparison between the custom made and stocker.

Looking forward to a review after the seat is broken in. Also, curious how the suede will be with respect to mobility. If you could comment on the wider width and how it impacts the off-road stance.

Do you do reviews for Cycle Canada??? Job well done.
  3. mapuda

mapuda Crash Tested Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice looking seat.

GO HABS!
  4. Motoriley

Oddometer:
    I'm far from a real off roader but am going on a little ride Saturday AM. When I'm stopped I'm more on my tippy toes than with the stocker for sure. 32" inseam.

No affiliation with Cycle Canada but it is one of my favorite scoot mags. :D

5. SCVGS

SCVGS Adventurer

Oddometer:
    How long did it take to get and how much $$$
  6. Motoriley

Oddometer:
    300$ plus you have to send them a seat. Turnaround of about 2 weeks.

7. angrywhiteguy

angrywhiteguy i wanna ride!

Oddometer:
    so did you get hit with import duties coming to the great white north?
  8. Motoriley

Oddometer:
    32$ I think.

9. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    Love mine too. Most comfortable seat I've ever ridden on.

[​IMG]
  10. The Griz

The Griz Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great video work Motoriley! Do you work in video?
  11. Motoriley

Oddometer:
    Worked in video back in the day before I became a stay at home Dad. Actually it was all done with stills. :D

12. The Griz

The Griz Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes, but the production value is great. Even though you started with stills, you created a video from them!:D

I work in audio post production. Sound design for film and tv.
  13. Motoriley

Oddometer:
    Sound has always my weak point. Seems that way with most people in video. I'll send you my next clip for a proper mix! :1drink

14. Fireman

Fireman Shazaam!

Oddometer:
    So for you guys that have an XPC with a suede cover... how's it looking for the suede wanting to pull away from the seat like Renazco claims? I know he's not using suede because he "couldn't make it work right," but I am really liking XPC for a lot of reasons, not the least of which is that he will do suede. And from the pictures I see, XPC is turning out a beautiful looking seat. So what gives? Does XPC have some secret pattern that fixes the problem? Is there a problem at all? This is pretty much the last thing I want to straighten out before I send my seat in to XPC.
  15. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    I don't know, what does he mean by "pulling away from the seat"? I don't see anything on mine that looks like it's pulling away from the seat.

I've got about 1200 miles on mine so far with no issues. In all honesty, the very front of the seat doesn't look like stock, but it's fine and the seat looks great and is so comfortable. SO much more comfortable than stock.
  16. PackMule

PackMule love what you do

Oddometer:

Reportedly James has said he won't do suede for the 800GS because the suede will pull away from the foam/seat for some reason. Perhaps it stretches a bit with wear and something about the profile just doesn't work right? Dunno.
  17. Fireman

Fireman Shazaam!

Oddometer:
    Yeah, Packmule pretty much said what I heard too. Renazco said that because of the seat profile he could not get suede to follow the contour and that it would "pull away" or something. Maybe it doesn't matter what the problem was, because clearly XPC has done a hell of a job with the two I've seen on this thread. I'm sold. It's the best price I've seen for a reputable custom seat maker, and all y'alls reviews are just wonderful. Is that suede pretty thick and sturdy feeling? Did anyone get the passenger area re-done all well? I talked to XPC on the phone the other day and we now have a plan of action for my specific riding needs, and the passenger comfort is VERY important. Wondering if there is any feedback in that arena.
  18. LukasM

LukasM Long timer

Oddometer:
    On a RTW ride - currently touring the U.S.
    If James said he won't do it, there is a reason for it.

Let's wait until the XPC owners have done a few days of riding in the wet. That's when I noticed that the suede Renazco (on my DR) started to stretch.
  19. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    I did two days in the rain last month, first day I got (well the bike did) soaked. Seat is exactly the same now as when I got it.

XPC told me that they apply some sort of waterproofing to the suede seats.
  20. LukasM

LukasM Long timer

Oddometer:
    On a RTW ride - currently touring the U.S.
    Scott,

That's definitely good to hear. However I think I'll give you another few months before concluding that it won't stretch after a while. :thumb

Renazco does a waterproof liner under the suede. It still gets soaked pretty good, but doesn't take all that long to dry.