1. eNewsletter Sign Up

XPC Seat for F800GS

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Motoriley, May 6, 2010.

1. Motoriley

Motoriley Still riding like crap after all these years.

Oddometer:
    Saw some sort of plastic sticking out a tad on my XPC so I believe they put a water barrier as well.

2. WERA456

WERA456 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    North Ga. (The site of the first major gold rush)
    bringing this back to life: How is everyone likeing their XPC seat. I found a used one for a pretty good deal. Thinking about trying it out. Does it work well for long distance 1000 mile days?
    Anyone have one that is "shorter" than stock. I am vertically challanged but have been able to make the stock seat work. Any taller could become problematic.
  3. Motoriley

Oddometer:
    Still liking mine. Done a few big days on it and it is light years ahead of stock. I big part of that I think is the suede. Sitting on plastic for 10 hours is just not that great! Buy it, they sell well used so you can always pass it on if it isn't your cup of tea. The suede starts to look a bit funky with wear but still works fine.

4. ADVCanuck

ADVCanuck Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Has levelling out the seat (so it's not as much as "saddle") helped with numb nuts? Mine were SOOO numb on my trip down to Washington/Oregon this summer!
  5. Motoriley

Oddometer:
    For me it was a big improvement. The stock seat was a real ball crusher. Now "they" are fine. The more of the dip they remove the taller the seat gets. I'm used to it now but it is tall and mine still has a little dip. You can see that here in my video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hVI2B9U3JLM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>