XR 650 R Rally Fairing for acerbis sahara tank

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by kenaroo, May 18, 2007.

1. kenaroo

kenaroo I am because i ride

Oddometer:
    as usual work got in the way with the hobby. Got a little busy with work this month (sales kick off and new product roll out) at Garage Interiors..

so didn't have a lot of time to work on fairing project as I liked

did get the CNC parts ready for weld up and mock up..

working on it this weekend and next.. I'll have a better update then..

I also talked with perfect-fairings to partner up with the build.. he has all the molds for different fairings ready to go..

to make this faster.. he could send us on of his stock front masks without holes for the lights.

I then can a fix our sub-frame and lights and make the lower fairing for the tank.. from there I'd send him the mock up and he'd make the fiberglass or ..... carbon fiber fairings for you..

that would help get this project done faster...

thinking the 690 rally fairing with our cut outs for the XL/ squadron lights. would work well.
    http://www.perfect-fairings.com/en/products/show/ktm-690-front-rally-fairing-for-safari-tank_176
  2. BT4Stroke

BT4Stroke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The perfect fairing for the rally 690 with the dual headlight comes in fiberglass and carbon fiber, the holes for the head lights looks like a very good match for the BD Squadron lights whether one uses the XL or the Pro Squadrons. This would also allow one to use another led set up if they choose. Half of the work is done I think a partnership/joint venture would be a good idea.
  3. jagger_snitt

jagger_snitt Pencil Pushing Dreamer

Oddometer:

I agree Completely,no sense in busting hump when the other guy has done half the work for you. I was actually thinking of modding one of the 690 Ralley fairings myself before stumbling on this. Keep us posted,and thank you for your efforts.
  4. perfect-fairings

perfect-fairings Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello everybody,

After our aggrement with keraroo for these xr fairings i would like to introduce you our company and let you know some things about Perfect Fairings.

We are in business from 1996 as 'Perfect Fairings',we are a well known company in Greece.
    We start our business with street-race bodyworks and for several cars.Our fairings are made from fiberglass ,carbon fiber and carbon kevlar.

The production method we use isnt the ussual method because we dont use just the glass fibers and polyester but we use rovin fiber and a compination of resins !The quality is hight.

Last years we tried to export our products and try new markets and new prodycts such as rally fairings and Harley custom parts (www.baggerland.com) .The feedback was so good and that make us to produce and fabric new products .
    Now we can say that we have one of the biggest range for motorcycle fairings!
    This year our products was tested in the biggest rally ,Rally Dakar 2015,from All Tracks and SPFiFTYONE.

We are very happy to start the production for the XR fairings ,thank you Kenaroo .

Best regards

Dim
    PerfectFairings
  5. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    sound great !!!!
  6. kenaroo

Oddometer:
    Dimitirus is sending me a kit to do the mock up on the bike..

He is also making bracket kits that I think we should use as well.

I like one stop buying for easy purchase..

Once I get the unit I'll pop it out as soon as possible so that I can get it back from him for production.

I'll send him the list of everyone on my round two production list...

I'll discuss a group buy price for us and get some numbers back.

Since he is in Greece, I'll discuss import fees if we have him ship together in one box and I'll ship individually from Texas...
  7. jagger_snitt

Oddometer:

Yes,Yes,YES! WINNING! http://youtu.be/VLnWf1sQkjY
  8. kenaroo

Oddometer:
    Dim at Perfect-fairings just emailed and is shipping out the fairing for mock up and fitting.. should be here in a week. from there I'll do the fitment and ship back to him

was a little delayed as they just moved his workshop. You could imagine how much fun that is. :lol3

I would say we are a month out on production and ordering.

I will let you guys know. probably I'll have you guys just order through perfect fairings.

we are going to have the coolest looking rally pigs on the planet! :clap
  9. BT4Stroke

Oddometer:
    Man your ears must have been burning I was just going to send you an email and a post to see what the status was on the BRP Fairing.

Tomorrow will be Yesterday
  10. kenaroo

Oddometer:
    Received the Nav tower and mock up fairing from Dim today!.

Nav Tower is awesome and is going to be a direct fit.

mock up fairing is going to need some cut, fit and widening at the wing areas.

this where I'll incorporate my lowers with his uppers and make it all work together.

I'll start on this on Wednesday and hopefully be ready to ship back on Monday. :clap

Side note:
    his fairing fits real nice on my Husky 449....LOL

[​IMG]

Yeah..... I know.. first thing first.. I'll make my Husky fairing after I hook you guys up on the XRR
  11. kenaroo

Oddometer:
    As posted above. I received the fairings from Dim on Monday
    They are now at the work shop getting tweaked.

Bringing the Xr650r over in the morning to do the mock up and re fiberglass work.

Got out the grinder And made some relief grooves to the back side to widen up the fairing as there was no way it would fit. This came from a dr400 mock up fairing so not a direct fit for sure.

I'll post pictures as I go the next few days

Attached Files:

12. BT4Stroke

Oddometer:
    Do you think you will be able to fit the BD Squadron XL into this package along with the Squadron Pro Spot on top?
  13. kenaroo

Oddometer:
    I was taking a look at that last night with your supplied lights.. it's going to be a tight fit for sure... I'll post some fitment photos for you in the next day or so after I work on the fairing mock up.

the dry fit of the XL squadron just barely fits inside the sub-frame..

I'll talk with Dim and see if we can make two different light inserts.. one for the squadron lights the other for there circular lights.
  14. kenaroo

Oddometer:
    Bike is at the shop. Started cutting fairing to fit. Going to take some good tweaking to make fit.

Attached Files:

15. kenaroo

Oddometer:
    Side view. Now the fun begins

Attached Files:

16. BT4Stroke

Oddometer:
    VERY KOOL baby steps makes for a great project.
  17. kenaroo

Oddometer:
    Getting very close to production. fiberglassing is done.. just final tuning shape and smoothing out fiberglass.

I'll have primer epoxy on wednesday and ready to ship back to Dimitris by end of week..

I know I've been slow but we're getting there!... finally

Attached Files:

18. kenaroo

Oddometer:
    another angle showing the front dual headlight mask.

when painted up and done.. it's going to look awesome

Attached Files:

19. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    very NICE !!!!
  20. jagger_snitt

Oddometer:
    Take your time,it's looking AWESOME!!!!!!:freaky:D