1. eNewsletter Sign Up

XR400 Four - Skunkworks Special

Discussion in 'Some Assembly Required' started by Pezz_gs, Aug 19, 2009.

1. tHEtREV

tHEtREV Encouragement award recipient. tEAM iDIOT.

Oddometer:
    And I suppose I should add that my back up project bike is coming along swimingly...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    tREV... mate... do people just turn up at your doorstep with these things... or what? :huh

Is that a Peston Pretty tank...? Oooh that takes me back... Dad had a trick TS 185* 'Zuki with a PP tank on it...

(that is if you could ever refer to a TS 185 as "trick"... but you get what i mean...? :wink: ).
  3. tHEtREV

tHEtREV Encouragement award recipient. tEAM iDIOT.

Oddometer:
    No idea on the tank.

I picked it up on Ebay about a week ago, just a random bid thing, had no idea what to do with it when I won it.

I took it out to where I have all my old bikes stashed and went to take my old DT250 for a run,but she didn't want to run.

Had a quick look in the tank and saw it was full of rust, so I went out today and fitted up that tank.

It holds a bit over 15l and feels pretty good on the bike so I'm happy...
  4. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    I'm pretty sure it is a Peston Pretty (or is it Preston Petty... not sure?) tank, they were all the go back in the DT1, TS185, XL 178 era...

Hey tREV, with 15 liters on board that bike is looking good for the "riding old dungers in the desert" concept that HUNSTA was all revved up about a few years back...? Some new life in an old (but great) thread? :wink: :deal

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207129&highlight=dungers
  5. carmima

carmima All Orange :-)

Oddometer:
    Hey!!! I had a mid 70's TS185 with a 210 kit in it and it was TRICK :D

As well as all the local hard work it did, on one particular trip I rode it from Canberra to Yackandandah then back to Canberra via Wagga.
    On another occasion, I rode it from Canberra to the Sunshine Coast and back to Sydney.

Now for a 210cc smoker - that is trick :thumb

BTW tREV...good work on the projects
  6. troy safari carpente

Oddometer:
    Hey carmima... you sound like a bit of a tragic also... check out HUNSTA's old old dungers thread... :wink:
  7. carmima

Oddometer:
    mate you got it...tragic and old. <meta name="Title" content=""> <meta name="Keywords" content=""> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"> <meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"> <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 2008"> <meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 2008"> <link rel="File-List" href="file://localhost/Users/markcarmichael/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0clip_filelist.xml"> <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves>false</w:TrackMoves> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:DrawingGridHorizontalSpacing>18 pt</w:DrawingGridHorizontalSpacing> <w:DrawingGridVerticalSpacing>18 pt</w:DrawingGridVerticalSpacing> <w:DisplayHorizontalDrawingGridEvery>0</w:DisplayHorizontalDrawingGridEvery> <w:DisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery>0</w:DisplayVerticalDrawingGridEvery> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:DontAutofitConstrainedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> </w:Compatibility> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="276"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--> <style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0cm; margin-right:0cm; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0cm; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language:EN-US;} @page Section1 {size:595.0pt 842.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style> <!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-ansi-language:EN-US;} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026"/> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapelayout v:ext="edit"> <o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1"/> </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--> <!--StartFragment-->Reminiscing <o:p></o:p> <!--EndFragment--> is about the best I do these days. Having said that, I enjoy / enjoyed the art of making smokers work hard :D

Don't tell my son I said that - having spent many hours converting him to 4t bikes

sorry for the thread jack :huh
  8. Pezz_gs

Pezz_gs Cant ride for crap

Oddometer:
    Well It seems I may be making a bit of a left turn :evil

I have been looking for a suitable front end for the 400/4, no, a 50mm WP EXTREME is not suitable :wink:

I kinda like the trials type of setup, so I might build it into a 400/4 Trials outfit
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. johno

johno Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mount Gambier, South Australia, Australia.
    You got too much spare time at work Pezz:lol3

Will be interesting:ear
  10. wato

wato Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's not to much spare time, He's in denial about how many projects he has at skunk Works:rofl
  11. Pezz_gs

Oddometer:
    Thats enough from you Wato . . . . . .

BTW I cant find your final drive . . . . . . :D
  12. Pezz_gs

Oddometer:
    So Carmima

When are you going to build your bike for the Scrapheap Adventue Ride??

:ear
  13. carmima

Oddometer:
    Hey Pezz - that's so funny you ask that question - last week I was on the verge of bidding for a Suzuki GS500 with the intent of building it into a weird motocrosser.

Not sure if you saw the little vid I posted of my missus serving it to me because of the amount I'm spending on toys while we're in the middle of renovating the house.

So at the last minute I remembered her threat to relieve me of my failing manhood and didn't buy it :huh

Still got time though, so I'll probably get something near the end of the year when things have settled a bit.
    Plus I'm spending more in just over a week when I head up for my Cape York trip.

Just have to watch this space in the coming months :lol3
  14. Pezz_gs

Oddometer:
    Carmima

I will email you the flyer for you to show her and as it is such a good cause she will give you the

[​IMG]
  15. carmima

Oddometer:
    :lol3 :lol3

you obviously didn't see the video :D

thanks mate
  16. Pezz_gs

Oddometer:
    Yes I did :freaky

Just wish you could have it as your Avitar :lol3
  17. carmima

Oddometer:
    :lol3:lol3:lol3 - now wouldn't that be priceless

Mods to the bat phone please :D
  18. wato

wato Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We'll just have to follow the oil trail comes in handy and better than bread crumbs
  19. BigFella44

BigFella44 Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Geez, I had a TC 185 from around the same vintage, it had the high and low range lever on the side of the box! :rofl
    Anybody remember these, they were around just prior to the explosion of Ag bikes!
    This served as my "touring" bike for about 18x months.:poser
    Bloody hell we did it hard back then! Had a top speed of 100k's down hill!:evil
    Never complained though, we still had a ball!
  20. Dean Ohlin

Dean Ohlin inner city elite Supporter

Oddometer:
    I had a few TS/TC185's in the 70's. Suzuki must think the're OK as they still build them nearly 40 years later.:lol3