xr400r OEM gas tank crack

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bkcountry11, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Bkcountry11

Bkcountry11 n00b

Oddometer:
    I Recently noticed the bike was leaking high up by the gas tank and noticed this crack. I think this is my reason from up above to upgrade to a larger tank and dual sport kit. How common is this? Still unsure on Clarke or IMS, want to keep it at 3-4 gallons. The bike is well maintained original owner, I start and ride it at least twice a month. Summers in Texas are brutal and the bike sits in my shed all the time. So I'm thinking it's old age and intense heat that crack the tank. I just recently started adding fuel stabilizer within the last 4 months, because all the ethanol in the damn gasoline seems to be screwing with the carb, I also own a plated 02 650r which has a minuscule fuel leak. My local service tech got it barely leaking but said a new carb would be the only fix. Anyway enough with the rant what's up with 400 gas tank!

Attached Files:

pigjockey likes this.
  2. pigjockey

pigjockey Hognuts the T-bagger

Oddometer:
    Wisconsin A half dozen miles from ROAD AMERICA
    It is a beautiful bike you have there. :raabia
  3. MartiniUp

MartiniUp Long timer

Oddometer:
    Only sensible solution I have is selling the bike to me! Next to that is never use eth gas without a dose of treatment,,,NEVER! Other than that I would get a 3.8 Clarke. Have had three of them on my XR4s, never a problem. I don't like IMS. If you do think of selling the bike holler at me.