Xr600 & xr650l aussie owners

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Kenno, May 30, 2013.

1. Al-X

Al-X Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Whilst on the oil....

My Zaar doesn't smoke, but uses oil? What can the reason be?
  2. GSXR

GSXR Trail Rider

Oddometer:
    That's a perfect forum question. I'm going to start by suggesting that the inner valve relief seal clip pipe bolt output is not right. My mate told me about this not long ago and I've done significant research...

...aaaand back to the real world for a minute...
    Get someone you trust to swap bikes with (who ideally can ride out of sight on a dark night), do 300km behind him on yours, then tell us it doesn't smoke
  3. breil

breil Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone know how much fork oil the 88 to 90 model with non cartridge forks take ?
  4. GodSilla

GodSilla I did that.

Oddometer:
    Check for leaks. The kickstart seal is a likely culprit, you can lose an awful lot of oil from that seal when it decides to give up. A slow misty-looking leak can actually signal a bigger oil loss, as some of the lost oil doesn't cling to the bike so you don't get the true idea of volume lost.

Alternatively, get someone to ride your bike while you monitor the exhaust - blue smoke is BAD, you have a problem to fix. Black smoke is unburnt fuel, too rich.
  5. greyrider1

greyrider1 old tinkerer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks like everyone is in lockdown, here's something to break the boredom

(warning ...this product contains oil and causes allergic reaction in some people) :lol3:lol3:lol3
    mrsdnf and Ron50 like this.