XS650 Appresh

Discussion in 'Old's Cool' started by buffaloborn, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Ziptye

Ziptye Adventurer

Oddometer:
    To bad some low life sees it fit to steal other peoples property, no matter what it is. If that is who I think you are talking about, yeah, he was into xs650s before they where popular, and way cool bikes he made. Thanks for posting this Motu.
  2. ausfahrt

ausfahrt mach schnell Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks like nice work. Would you care to share the identity of your chrome guy?
  3. radguzzi

radguzzi The Journey is the Reward

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear of your loss of a good friend motu. The motorcycles having been stolen is just unconscionable. Keep yer eyes open for them on CL and other outlets.

Best,
    Rob
    hunter_greyghost likes this.
  4. radguzzi

radguzzi The Journey is the Reward

Oddometer:
    Sure thing... I just spent a few minutes looking for his BookFace ad but came up empty.

His name is Jason Lunt, located in Augusta, Maine. 2 zero 7 / 716- six three 12

He is a great guy, does all the polish and prep work and I think the cost is reasonable, especially if you have a part that is either no longer available or just toast...

Give him a scream, tell him I sent you if you like.

Cheers,
    Rob
  5. motu

motu Loose Pre Unit

Oddometer:
    When he first got his small farm in the Far North, he didn't trust the locals, and never left anything behind when he went up there to work on the place. So the family must've left all his stuff there, and no one in residence....and then did what you never do in NZ, sell your bike from where it lives, always take it somewhere else. So someone has come to view the bikes, then come back to get them for free. They took all his solar panels too.

You and I also got into them before anyone wanted them....gone are the days of parts for almost nothing.
    hunter_greyghost likes this.
  6. hunter_greyghost

hunter_greyghost XS650 Allroads Traveller

Oddometer:
    Hey people - back on deck after six weeks of moving house
    We moved the contents of house and workshop which related to approximately 6 containers = 6m [20'] x 3m [10']
    Saved roughly $15K - broke three toes - stuffed a worn-out body [mine] - learnt about selling and buying Real Estate during this so called Cord-19 crisis
    AND will be glad to fire up 'Kenny' and go for a ride soon - explore a new area
    moved 200km north to a more temperate climate outside a town called Cowra
    Hope everyone is OK and surviving the chaos the world is in
    motu - any news about those stolen items ?, hope the lowlifes have been caught and dealt with - severely !!!!!!
    Cheers
    Baza
  7. pckopp

pckopp Aged Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Welcome back. While you were temporarily homeless, I got all these back together and running. It's winter here now so the carbs are drained and the battery tenders attached. Ready for Spring!

high03.JPG
    alpina, voyagerrider, Ziptye and 3 others like this.
  8. hunter_greyghost

hunter_greyghost XS650 Allroads Traveller

Oddometer:
    Beautiful collection - well done - respect for your labours and dedication to these bikes
    Heading into hotter weather here so once everything is setup in my new workshop - which the next week is forecast as wet !
    perfect excuse to potter during warm wet days
    Stay safe people - photos of new digs coming soon
    Cheers
    Baza
    pckopp likes this.
  9. zzzak

zzzak Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    The one on the right.
    dohcammer and pckopp like this.