"Ya didn't get such a pretty round mouth eating square meals" - Funemployed on Hondas

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by woolfman, Aug 9, 2014.

1. ukturfrocks

ukturfrocks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Glad for the return guys! Enjoy the ride back to NC.
  2. shortbus4x4

shortbus4x4 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just when you give up all hope on the youth of our nation you read this trip report and realize all is not lost. Good job on getting out and living life.
  3. bobfab

bobfab Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    what a great RR :lurk kudos to such a great trip on some budget bikes!! :freaky
  4. 10 Man

10 Man Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the up date woolfman ...we were all worried about the winter a coming on ya
  5. Mike Yanagita

Mike Yanagita Gurgling bloody mess

Oddometer:
    Enjoyed the report.
  6. RAGBrian

RAGBrian jonesing for a ride

Oddometer:
    Subscribed. I own a CX500 so I can relate to the poster's experiences. Need to start from page 1 and I will be back shortly... Looks like a good read!
  7. jlambo

jlambo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great ride report Woolfman and crew! As you have observed, you've definitely hit a cord with us older riders. Most of us have a busy life in between our current self, and those younger carefree days, memories of which your report has shaken the cobwebs from. Believe me, this is greatly appreciated! When I was 20, in '75, I rode my bicycle solo across country. It was a defining experience for me, and I reflect on it from time to time. Now, I'm fortunate to break free for a week or two, and consider myself lucky when I do. I do look forward to retirement, and the freedom it will bring. In the mean time, keep it coming, and thanks!:1drink
  8. corney

corney Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I agree, thanks for the opportunity to relive another ill spent youth vicariously through your thread.

I find life doesn't end as you get older, it just changes. Some of us were giving you grief because we have to go to work every day and it was a great way to relax and read your adventure and escape a little!
  9. deputygene

deputygene Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great ride report guys, update it at your own pace and enjoy your epic trip. You'll remember this trip forever.
  10. mikerthebiker

mikerthebiker Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great Thread! Ya Gotta Love Montana!

I used to eat at "Café-A" regularily. I was having lunch there one fine day and an older gentleman (in his 70's - a local rancher, I think) landed his Cessna 172 on the gravel road outside, came in and had pie and coffee, went outside and took of again.:clap:clap
  11. PostIt

PostIt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just started and I can tell it's going to be epic.. looking forward to the coming pages.
  12. RufusMcGheehee

RufusMcGheehee n00b

Oddometer:
    Funny,,, epic was a word that got thrown around quite a bit when the Woolfman stopped by my house for a couple of days before leaving North Texas for the Gonzo Last Leg back to NC.
    As he told me one story after another, that you have read here, I continued to mumble "EPIC".
    My only complaint about the RR is the missing reference to offroad Seque's herding camels. I guess some stories are best told in person.

Have fun
  13. AVetterXS

AVetterXS Vetter Aficionado

Oddometer:
    Fantastic voyage! Exciting to see you guys out and about enjoying life on classic bikes with Vetters! The pictorial was amazing, lots great pics of the bikes and lots of great pics of the adventure. A very inspiring post, thanks for sharing.
  14. 10 Man

10 Man Long timer

Oddometer:
  15. CavReconSGT

CavReconSGT Just the right amount of evil. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Got to this one way late. Great report. Looking forward to the finish when you make it.

KR
  16. ukturfrocks

ukturfrocks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    heck i just want to make sure they are all alive and well. Been way to long and the winter in the pnw has been to sweet not to take advantage of
  17. Carlo Muro

Carlo Muro Herr Schadenfreude

Oddometer:
    While ending too abruptly and not long enough to be truly epic, what's here is truly one of the best RR's on the forum. I'm on a business trip in Saudi now...read bored to tears...and this RR has made my weekend bearable.

What you said about the folks in northern Idaho could not be more true. I spent some time out there (Rathdrum) and in Spokane. Everyone was just over the top nice. It makes me feel like folks back east just have something up their ass:deal
  18. ACR

ACR 59,902

Oddometer:
    This is up there with the greatest of ride reports. I can't quite put my finger on why, there is something magical about it. One of those stories you wish didn't end so soon. I don't know if it was already mentioned, this would make for such an excellent coffee table book. The words and photos compliment one another so well, I could see people not being able to set the book down from beginning to end.

I hope there is more adventure to come, perhaps one day we can meet on a journey.

Well done.
  19. derekdeadend

derekdeadend Long timer

Oddometer:
    Awesome. I moved from Asheville to California a year ago. Asheville is a hard place to leave behind, but I feel like I may be back one day. I used to work at Empire on Patton Ave!
  20. NB0TT

NB0TT brrrrrraaaaaaap

Oddometer:
    Ah man I loved reading this RR when you guys were still doing it.....any chance for a conclusion?