1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

YAHBO delivers bikes.

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by YAHBO, Aug 18, 2010.

1. YAHBO

YAHBO Grip and rip since 1983

Oddometer:
    The official announcement of YAHBO's Delivery services for the Flea Market.

I have done many deals on the Flea Market and travelled long distances for the right bike. Not everyone can drop what they are doing to take two days off to get a smoking deal on a bike 1000 miles away. I have known of many deals that just couldn't get done because of the distance.

I can help you get the bike that you don't have time to get or don't have the extra $ for the big name shippers to truck to you.

Price will be dependent on the target area/miles, etc, and I will submit the price beforehand so that you can determine if it works for your budget. Hopefully, I can get into a groove that allows me to be picking up and delivering at the same time so that I can offer discounts and be making $ both ways.

If you need something shipped internationally after I pick it up, I can help with that as I have bought and sold at least a dozen bikes in overseas deals. I deal with an excellent company here on Long Island that makes shipping a bike overseas a 10 minute process. Crating is something I can do also. My skills at building a tough 3/4" plywood shipping box are legendary. Pics of prior shipping crates are available if desired.

My current vehicle is a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado with a 4.3 V6. It has an 8' bed and a bike bar in the back that allows for securing the font wheel(s) and adds three extra tie down points. It averages 17MPG. I have a small open trailer also and hope to be buying an enclosed trailer soon. My goal is not to load up a bunch of bikes at once, but to offer personalized service and adaptability as I may be as liklely to deliver a Goldwing as a DR.

I have run this by the FM mod Chanderjeet and I have recieved a go to post this. Perhaps if the deal is sweet, the deliver is accurate, safe and all parties are pleased, we can make a small donation to the site. I certainly would have no problem with this as I have found great deals, learned many things and ultimately have become an ADVer through it.

My personal pick up and delivery services will be initially offered to the entire lower 48. In some cases, I won't be able to beat the price of some trucking outfits, but perhaps that extra $ will be worth it knowing that the bike is being tended to by a fellow ADVer.

If interested, email me at YAHBOMOTO@GMAIL.COM or call 631.655.6808
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
  2. nskitts

nskitts Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have often thought this would be a good idea. The large companies charge at least 600 bucks and can take many weeks to get your bike to you.

Good luck with your endeavor...can you give any indication as to general rates such as mileage rates or however you plan on calculating price?

This would probably be a good sticky but should be open to any ADVers that proclaim theirselves "deliverers". Obviously, as a sticky, YAHBO should not be allowed to monopolize the business.
  3. AST236

AST236 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good luck with this deal. I'm hoping to do some trading here in the next few weeks and a service like yours might come in handy.
  4. philp38

philp38 Long timer

Oddometer:
    :thumb I also hope this works out for you. Personal pick up and delivery by the same person who knows how it's done right is worth a few more bucks in my book.
  5. nwcycle

nwcycle Long timer

Oddometer:
    We have done the delivery service for a bit, Until the gas prices went crazy, I wish you luck. If there are any unforseen questions and or problems that arise etc, I can help.
    We used a 15' BoxVan Diesel , If you are looking to trailer stuff I have to caution you, Bring lots of spares..... Not just a wheel/tire, I am taking
    Hub assembly with a new wheel/tire on it, All you need is swap out the spindle nut and boom, back on road, Lots of rubber work gloves too!!!
    Insurance might also be a factor,
    I honestly hope you do well, And enjoy the road, I know I did...

Regards
    Ron:clap
  6. nwcycle

nwcycle Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you decide, I do have a spare 15'Box van 7.3 Diesel all set up ready to roll........
    I purchased a spare truck, to swap out my box on since i was getting up there in the miles, But it still running sweet, and need to clear the driveway.....
    Best wishes
  7. on2wheels52

on2wheels52 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would have faith in having YAHBO delivering a bike for me.
    And I should that those English lessons are really starting to pay off for you.
    Jim
  8. Retro

Retro Just the Facts Ma'am Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Moved to vendors
  9. husky123

husky123 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Awesome....I hope this works out. I know I will probably use it sooner than later.:clap
  10. YAHBO

Oddometer:
    Possibly heading to IL to bring a bike back to NY. Anyone need anytihng delivered/picked up along the way?

Let me know.
  11. nwcycle

nwcycle Long timer

Oddometer:
    U Ship, Those idiots on there seem to be pretty fruity, but......
    if you can get anyone to commit to a pick up or delivery its a good thing, at least its a filler to help on fuel.....

12. YAHBO

Oddometer:
    I wouldn't sub anything out to Uship turkeys. That is a good idea, in theory, but that particular model is flawed. I am a Uship member and just recently had a 1200lb geothermal unit delivered from IL to NY with great success and reasonable cost.

This is more like my passion. A dream to travel and buy/sell/deliver bikes and be in control of my life. To provide a new ADV only service that will provide real value.
    This is an active and robust flea market that I have had great success with met some good peeps doing it.

I'm getting fired up for this to take off...

YAHBO SAY SPREAD THE ADV WORLD!

YAHBO LIKE STEAK!

YAHBO LIKE BEER!
  13. RockyNH

RockyNH Older Than Dirt!

Oddometer:
    Did you get that IL to NY load???

just curious... (and a bump)

Pat in NH
  14. YAHBO

Oddometer:
    IL to NY is a no go as far as I know. Haven't heard from the individual after I submitted price.

Still willing to do your run, though.

PM me.
  15. RockyNH

RockyNH Older Than Dirt!

Oddometer:
    Mine is still open.. gathering prices this week... will contact via PM before I let anything go...

Pat in NH
  16. YAHBO

Oddometer:
    Traveling from Long Island, NY to mid coast Maine. Could pick up a bike in LI, CT, MA, NH or southern ME and return to LI with it or deliver in New England somewhere.

PM or email me at yahbomoto@gmail.com if anyone needs a bike picked up/delivered.
  17. mrt10x

mrt10x Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer:
    Just wanted to post here and let everyone know that Rick is the real deal and provides a great service. He delivered my DRZ to me from upstate VT for just a few bucks more than it would have cost me in gas to go get it in my 2500HD. We had to reschedule a few times due to the big winter storms, but he stuck to his word and price and I would use him again in a heartbeat. Great service for a great price.
  18. chiba

chiba FYYFF

Oddometer:
    Wish I'd known about this service from a fellow ADVer before I drove my ass to Ohio to deliver a motorcycle last month.

Great idea YAHBO - good luck & I'll keep you in mind in the future!!

--chiba