Yamaha dealers in IN, OH, IL and lower MI

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Sir Not Appearing, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Sir Not Appearing

Sir Not Appearing That's no ordinary rabbit

Oddometer:
    I'm going to be buying an R3 this spring and looking for a non-BS dealer.

For example, there was a dealer in OH that used to move a ton of Ninja 250s and advertised a fixed $2995 for quite a few years in the early 2000s. My ex-wife and I bought one for her and that was exactly what we paid. $2995 and paid tax in IN and still came out smelling like roses on that deal because all the local dealers were selling them at or above MSRP.

There are quite a few leftover '15-'16 models around $4000 R3 but I don't want $1500 of hidden/made-up fees. I also don't want a used one because I know how most "beginner" bikes are treated.

Anyone have any highly recommended dealers?

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC
  2. alansz400

alansz400 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good luck. I bought a used WR250 from a dealer a few years ago and ended up walking out over those fees. Had to put my head down and walk back in later in day to buy the bike. Crazy that they would let me walk out over some worthless fees. Walked out on a NEW 3 year old bike a few years ago over the fees. It was a kids bike so the price was low and they claimed they didn't have any mark up on the bike. The fees made the OTD price way to high. Ended up buying a nice used bike a few weeks later. I would get on Cycle trader see who has the best deal and call and ask to talk to the sales manager. I did buy a new CRF450r a few years ago got a good deal on it at Rick Roush honda in Medina ohio. Hardings park cycles in Canton might also be worth calling.
  3. DrPhill

DrPhill Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Try CycleSport Yamaha in Hobart, IN and talk to Mike McIntire (219) 962-4770

I believe they have a couple of the 300's on the floor right now.
  4. Bultaco206

Bultaco206 Back-to-back motos suck Supporter

Oddometer:
    Call around and get an OTD price, and availability. Then use that against your local dealer and tell them you prefer to buy local. You might be surprised what you end up with. Also, calculate what your time is worth. I know what mine's worth and running 8-10 hours round trip to save a couple of hundred bucks is something I can't afford to do. It rarely is for anyone.

A friend of mine recently bought a Polaris General. He was so excited that a dealer in TN had the same machine for $600 less. So he drove 20-hours round trip and would've been better off buying locally. But by God he saved $600! :photog

There's always somebody cheaper somewhere. The trick is to be savvy enough on your end to know what is a good deal in real life versus one on paper. I want my local shops to make money because I want them to be around when I need something. Making a profit is one thing, but getting fat off of me is another.
    Cannonshot likes this.
  5. alansz400

alansz400 Long timer

Oddometer:
    My son and I rode my 650 Strom loaded with camping gear 2 up 400 miles 6 1/2 hours to buy a used Strom for him. He was 17 and rode it home on a learners permit. Saved a good chunk of change but about 3 hours into that ride I was sure thinking we were crazy.
  6. alansz400

alansz400 Long timer

Oddometer:
  7. Crocodile Tears

Crocodile Tears Legion of Snark Supporter

Oddometer:
    I go to Honda East in Maumee, OH outside Toledo. I've bought two bikes from them and both times the process was pretty straightforward and easy. Very little bullshit to put up with. I know they carry all the major japanese brands and occasionally have an Aprilia.

Come to think of it, when I bought my CB500X, from first seeing the bike to owning it and getting it wheeled back for prep took about 35 minutes :lol3
  8. theloop

theloop Long timer

Oddometer:
    Correct, I bought my CB500x from them and they don't charge freight or prep. They have a new leftover 2016 for $3,899.00

http://www.hondaeasttoledo.com/defa...&d=D&vt=motorcycle / scooter&fr=xAllInventory