Yamaha Enduro/Vintage Dual Sport SoCal ride.

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by ctune80, Sep 4, 2010.

1. ctune80

ctune80 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Guys
    A duplicate of my post from the Olds cool section here. After looking around a bit this seems to be the best place to post this ... here goes.

I wanted to see if there is there any interest in attending a vintage Dual sport meeting happening in So Cal in October on the weekend of the 23rd?
    It is primarily for Yamaha Enduros from the 60`s and 70`s but I am sure that if you are interested,
    bringing whatever vintage dirt bike you have, would be cool.

I do want to throw out a disclaimer, this is not an organized event by any stretch of the imagination.
    Just a bunch of enthusiasts, getting together to enjoy thier old motorcycles.
    For the future I would love to see it evolve into a "Hodaka Days" type event, with a bike show,
    competition, swap meet, tech seminars, etc.

Many involved will be riding the trails at Gorman, and exchanging info, but it is not set up
    on a hard schedule, other than we will start arriving on Friday the 22nd, and the last ones leaving will be on Monday the 25th.

Ideas? I am open for suggestions. There are currently just over a dozen guys signed up as "for sure" and many others trying to make it.<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <!-- / message -->

Gorman Ca Hungry Valley riding area, Hope to see you there! If there is interest I will post more info.
    Maybe this can become an annual event??!!
    Thanks!
    Mark R
  2. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
  3. dunerat

dunerat WTF?

Oddometer:
    sounds like a good time,haven't riddin my DT in almost a year....i have conflicting plans.ill be howling at the moon in AZ gonna have to miss:cry
  4. ctune80

ctune80 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Posted over at VJLAMC, seems to be some interest there, confirmed attendance is in the mid 20's now. Thanks!

As mentioned this is a pretty much ad lib get together not sure how many will just "show up" to look and visit

Good news- our special use permit has been APPROVED by Hungry Valley... this permit gives
    us exclusive use of Middle Campground for ENDUROFEST 2010.

So stop by say hi, vintage Yamaha or not. If you just wanna kick tires, reminisce about the old days, whatever.

Nothing is for sale here, anyone that shows up is responsible for whatever the park entry fee is and your own eats/drinks,
    and that should be it. There is a possibility of a "celebrity" or two showing.. not sure on that yet!

I live in Illinois and have never been there, anyone know what the park fees are? Any first hand knowledge of Hungry Valley
    would be appreciated, a couple guys from our group have scouted and found "Vintage friendly" areas to ride.
  5. airborndad

airborndad Long timer

Oddometer:
  6. ctune80

ctune80 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks!
  7. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
    The little lady and I will be there. bringing the '74 TY175 and the '82 XL500 and maybe even '79 KLX 250 and two other people. its gonna be cool to get a bunch of old bikes together for a trail ride... wish i had more yamaha's to bring with me

will admin get mad if you cross post this over in the old school section ? may draw a few people from over there as well.
  8. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
    the wife will not be coming along. it seems she forgot she has a bridal shower thing to go to that weekend or somehing :dunno

so i will have a open spot for one person and one bike if anyboy needs a ride. i'm leaving from orange county on saturday 10/23 at 0 dark thirty or mybe late 10/22 night. coming home at some point 10/24

FYI looks like there is a full moon that weekend..night ride?
  9. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
    middle campground??

i see

Edison
    Sterling
    Circle
    Cottonwood
    Upper Scrub Oaks
    Lower Srub
    Smith Forks
    Aliklik
    Lane Ranch
  10. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
    no other takers?? i think i am gonna take friday off work and get up there early friday so i can get in atleast two full days of riding..getting the TY175 all set to go
  11. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
  12. Captain Yesterday

Captain Yesterday Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Will be a last minute thing if I go or not, but I would like to come with my 75 DT400.
  13. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    Villa Maria Sanitarium, Claremont, CA. USA
    I think I'll bring my Honda TL250 and show the trials guys a thing or two about falling off. Maybe I'll bring the TW200's just so's I don't get shot.
  14. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:

cool bring the TL..i'm bringing my TY 175 but it will be in more of a trail bike form cause i aint no trials rider :lol3
  15. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
    bump it up..here is my ride for the event

[​IMG]

or in its ADV form..big tank and auxiliary lighting :lol3 :lol3

[​IMG]
  16. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
    this ride is gonna be sweet...... bring up your vintage bike and rip up some nice damp soil :D
  17. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
    a pretty good turn out of vintage bikes (pics stolen from yamahaenduro.com)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
    i also ran in to this guy with a 250

[​IMG]

Randy aka Lefty .. you might know him from some of BigDog's adventure rides (shadow of the rockies/poncho and lefty) he came with Mark aka ctune80 from illinois and there friend Todd from wisconsin..they drove for two days straight just to be here for endurofest :eek1

they are a cool bunch of dudes

i did not take any pictures but saturday we ran Tejon/Head on Highway trail to a small trail that wrapped up to Frazier peak..what a crazy ride some really good single track. James aka Tuckers made it on his TW200:clap i was impressed with that bike it is the freaking mountain goat of the motorcycling world. we where also with two guys on old CT 175's . it was one hell of a ride on 30-40 year old bikes.
  19. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    nice pics jeff...:clap

i like the dt175 or 250, but my fav is the elsinore mt250....anyone selling one?
  20. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
    there was a MT125 that showed..not sure whos bike it was.. i think these guys where with the VJLAMC

[​IMG]