Yamaha Super Tenere is coming to the US

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by cool_fool, Sep 7, 2010.

1. cool_fool

cool_fool Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Greetings All,

Yamaha is taking pre-orders for the 2012 Super Tenere. Delivery is supposed to start in May. Price tag is $13,900. I have wanted one since it was developed, but it is hard to bite at that price. If it came with the panniers at that price, it might change things a little.
  2. Mollygrubber

Mollygrubber Eschew obfuscation

Oddometer:
    Yeah, but why is it the 1200 and not the lovely little brother?!? Damn, that thing is heavy.

And anyway, there's no way it's nicer than my shiny new F8GS. :evil
  3. Mudclod

Mudclod Mojo Moto

Oddometer:
    I saw on another forum that a dealer in Longview is selling them for 12,500$ Sounded good to me! 500$ down- 12,000 on delivery in May.
  4. cool_fool

cool_fool Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That's what I was curious about. I think I would be willing to pay about $12k + ttl for the bike. I might have to wait and see how this first run goes before they might be willing to deal. I have been thinking about getting a new Tiger, but the Ten will get the job done a little cheaper if the "fun factor" is there.
  5. Dagwood_55

Dagwood_55 Long timer

Oddometer:
    That as cheep or cheeper than a KTM 990 ADV
  6. devrodirt

devrodirt devro

Oddometer:
    The Tenere have tubeless spoked wheels?

I think the price across the pond for this bike is 13,500 Euro. Which makes a $13,900 price pretty good. (13,500 Euro = $17, 175) which puts it right in the ball park of a R1200GS.

Tenere weighs almost 600lbs with out boxes or gear!!

How much does a GSA weigh?

How much does a KTM 990 weigh?

Can't wait to get some real reviews from real USA DS riders.
  7. RoyQ

RoyQ Long timer

Oddometer:
    I ordered mine 9-8-10 :D

According to my number given to me by my dealer from Yamaha my bike should be #658 on the delivery list.

I bought locally and got an good deal off MSRP even with a prep fee, shipping fee, state tax and doc fee I am still OTD $500 below MSRP. May 2011 can't get here soon enough.

I ordered the Impact Blue. 8 month wait time gives me time to get my accessories ordered, ie: bags, skid plate, headlight protector, tank bag and of course a Leo Vince slip-on. I hope to have all this in my possession before I get the bike next May.

I am not to concerned about the suggested weight. I owned two V-Stroms before and they were both real top heavy. I don't plan on using it as a dual sport. I am replacing my Bandit 1250S with it.

Anyone need a good Bandit 1250S just give me a buzz :deal
  8. Brad Felmey

Brad Felmey Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't think the price is unreasonable at all. :dunno