Yamaha T7 TENERE Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by VTbeemer, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Lion BR

Lion BR I'd rather be riding

Oddometer:
  2. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    The quality did not improve with the MT07 Tracer over the MT07. Is just the same level.

And who knows if anyone will make an aftermarket tank for it?
  3. caribooster

caribooster Not enough time...

Oddometer:
    If all your trips are on a road network then a 200 mile (320 km) may be adequate.

However, come up to the Great White North and there are lots of routes where you need a 400 km or 500 km range. All the trips are not in a straight line or you may have to backtrack due to an impassable route which can easily chew up 100 km of fuel which you did not plan for. If you are out exploring uncharted territory then you do need an adventure bike with a 500 km range.
    eemsreno and GrahamD like this.
  4. 27rich

27rich Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Im sure there not going give it a stock tank range greater than 300-350 kms. Most likely I would wait till an aftermarket tank was made to increase that to 550kms. Over that range im more or less happy to carry extra fuel in bladders or containers. As on a weeks ride you might only need the extra for a day or two.
    Im happy if an aftermarket tank is a bit bulky, as they only weight a couple of kgs more, you don't have to fill it to the brim every time and this bikes not aimed at the single track market.
    GrahamD and Ginger Beard like this.
  5. Ginger Beard

Ginger Beard Instagram @motopossum

Oddometer:

4.5 gallons and a somewhat conservative attitude will net an easy 400km. 500km should be achievable but you'll have to be extremely conscientious of riding style. Either way, 4.5 gal is a lot of fuel for this frugal engine. 200 miles would be a worst case scenario with a 4.5gal tank. I've gone over 200 miles with the 3.7 gal on my FZ07. The aftermarket will no doubt provide a larger tank for those that need more.
    27rich likes this.
  6. Lion BR

Lion BR I'd rather be riding

Oddometer:
    Indeed. People might be approaching this motorcycle with the BMW GS size in mind. That motorcycle has a 1,200cc engine, consumes a lot more fuel., it needs a large fuel tank. The Yamaha will do fine with less than 5 gallons. Yes, there will always be the guy who will do a ride where gasoline will not be available for more than 200 miles. That's when you strap an extra gallon or so. That's what I do and never had a problem. For the overwhelming majority of rides, I bet 200 miles of range is plenty. I have a Honda CB500X with the Rally Raid Level III kit. I think the tank of that bike is not more than 4.2 gallons. With one tank it will do 200 miles easily when pushing it hard and close to 300 miles when riding on gravel roads at 45-65 miles per hour or on pavement at 65-70 mph. The Yamaha T7 we've seen on videos and photos does not seem to have a tank larger than 5 gallons.
  7. jsinclair

jsinclair Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Take two clutch springs out , I ride mine pretty hard and it doesn't slip. I'm really used to one finger on the clutch off road, it's a bit heavy for that after 20-30 min in stock form.
  8. Ginger Beard

Oddometer:

I believe that one of the big issues we see with manufacturers refusing to equip bikes with large capacity tanks is that a majority of motorcycle purchases are made based upon spec sheets. If company A has a similar bike to company B yet company A's bike weighs 15 pounds more, people complain that company A didn't do as good a job designing their bike. To those of us that purchase bikes based upon whether or not it fits a need rather than a want, it can be frustrating but it's the reality of living in a world in which we are the minority.
    27rich likes this.
  9. Lupin 3rd

Lupin 3rd Raygun Gothic

Oddometer:
    These threads move too fast for me sometimes
  10. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
  11. Evil Invader

Evil Invader Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I. Want. That. Bike!
    eakins and Ginger Beard like this.
  12. gjcarving

gjcarving Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This bike would probably make my DR and DL 650's both go away. 2 for 1!
    eakins likes this.
  13. mminob

mminob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This T7 concept bike looks like a blast to ride..the recent video was great...thanks guys... the dream is on :thumb

[​IMG]
    Nicholost, ACR, eakins and 1 other person like this.
  14. danptobin

danptobin Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    except for the headlight and akro exaust it looks like it may be production ready
    eakins likes this.
  15. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Still don't see that seat at 38" stock.
    Way too tall for the avg buyer. 35" is my guess.
    AT did that too then lower 2 piece seat showed on production with option tall 1 piece.

Epic either way!!!
    BygDaddee likes this.
  16. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    That lower carbon fiber is not going to last either. Too many bespoke parts on this version to carry over imo, but the general look is there.
    Evil Invader and BygDaddee like this.
  17. Sumo64c

Sumo64c Long timer

Oddometer:
    It looks like it might be over 400lbs which makes it a complete flop and even worse brings it into the realm of "Needs to lose at least 100lbs and +20hp AT the same price before I'll buy it." Come on Yamaha, 399lbs or under and your gold.
    Migolito and yokesman like this.
  18. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Complete flop?

I'm not expecting ADV nirvana, just Japanese ADV Goldilocks.
  19. Ginger Beard

Oddometer:

It doesn't need to be "race ready". It needs to have good suspension and decent power while retaining the long service intervals and reliability that this engine is known for. Want a race bike with a plate? Ktm has you covered.
    yokesman and Treadless like this.
  20. Sumo64c

Sumo64c Long timer

Oddometer:
    come on Ginger Beard.....you're killing me man. :fpalm