1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

Yamaha T7 TENERE Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by VTbeemer, Apr 7, 2017.

1. galenparke

galenparke Adventurer

Oddometer:
    View attachment 2324432 I got my 12 character reservation number form Yamaha after filling out online bit. My dealer entered it on their end and returned me my PDP claim form in those 12 minutes. I can see on the form that my reservation number there is the first 10 digits of that 12 digit number. so I have 3VKDDMxxxxLY emailed to me which I forwarded to my dealer what they returned to me on the form was 3VKDDMxxxx
    Bike Guy likes this.
  2. afordableperformance

afordableperformance Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I would like to have gotten a pre order discount like some other places did and like they did with the S10 when it first came out. Its not like we haven't waited long enough and look at the Canadian pricing, didn't they get a discount and a little bag or something?
  3. milo

milo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How about a T7 hat? :D
  4. Baggey22

Baggey22 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I got my reservation number at 12:02. I called my dealer and he was flabbergasted that I got through. I actually put in his personal one and another customer's on my computer over the phone because his system wasn't allowing him to input the information.

I think I'm good!
  5. scridercoach

scridercoach Old crusty bast**d

Oddometer:
    Finally. System back up. Dealer could submit his form... BTW they never put the form up literally until 10 minutes ago. Then after he submitted it I got a phone call literally 4 minutes later from Yamaha to make sure I knew I needed to make a deposit. Told him I was sitting across from the dealer. He said great.

So here's to hoping I'm actually getting a bike!
    ProLeisure likes this.
  6. Gear Driven

Gear Driven Major Poseur Supporter

Oddometer:
    I called the dealer I selected during the submission, they quoted me 11,700 USD OTD price - seemed very solid on that. Is that in line with what others are seeing?

UPDATE - Guys at Romney Cycles in WV are so much better (in many ways) than my local dealers...jeez.
  7. duggram

duggram Sunrise Bahia de LA Supporter

Oddometer:
    I got two separate 12 digit reservation numbers. Amazing.
  8. goldentaco

goldentaco Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got mine submitted. Dealer entered Claim form but site crashed for them...and many others. Got an email from dealer saying they confirmed with District Manager that the forms are in and with First color preferences. Dealer is expecting to have more info in the next few days.

J
  9. DORTx2

DORTx2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got a backpack, a hat, and 400$ off.
  10. Jessejayms

Jessejayms Off Gridder

Oddometer:
    I got in on the t7 preorder here in NorCal. Was on the Yamaha website at 9am sharp and got my confirmation code and phoned it to my dealer. Got a call from the dealership about an hour later, and told me the Yamaha site crashed. Said he contacted his rep, and the reservation had gone through on his end and I should be good... Ordered the rally pack in the blue, with black being my 2nd choice. Still haven't got my email confirmation from yamaha.. fingers crossed!
    goldentaco likes this.
  11. pazzo

pazzo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  12. Snowbird

Snowbird Cereal Killer

Oddometer:
    :y0! Maybe I'll try next week.

:lol2
    pazzo likes this.
  13. milo

milo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Damn not only are they cheaper up there you all get free shit too!
  14. afordableperformance

afordableperformance Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout Willis! And we have to wait even longer! I think we're kinda gettin' the shaft compared to almost anyone else!
  15. DWEL700

DWEL700 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I can't make out the part codes. Can you confirm my previous
    Yup we got those too.
  16. scridercoach

scridercoach Old crusty bast**d

Oddometer:
    Well... now that I'm home and can breathe. So I got my reservation number easily, had it by 12:04. But, as we've all read, my dealer couldn't do his end. I was there with him, I reserved it right in front of him. When he went on YDS, their system, the system was up and hadn't crashed, but there was no form as was in the directions he had. We spent an hour hunting and calling corporate. Right around 1:00-1:15 (it's all a blur now) after we had refreshed the screen for what was probably the 20th time, there was the damn claim form, finally. He filled it out and sent it off. While he was doing it, Yamaha called me to say they had the reservation and to go give my deposit to my dealer. He submitted the form and it confirmed it was sent, but at this point there is still no claim number. So, I really don't know for sure what is what.

Now all this being said, my dealer busted his ass, right in front of me to try and get this done so I can't slight him at all. On top of it, he's giving me such a freaking good deal on it, that while I want it as a first batch shipment, if I don't get it in the first wave I can't complain. I'll be bummed, but I'll live.
  17. Frankenbuffer

Frankenbuffer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Contacted Yamaha Canada directly to ask if I’m getting a bike under EDP. They confirmed today that a bike with my name on it is allocated to my city (Ottawa) for delivery in early June. No details of the dealership or colour. Best news yet, since my dealer still hasn’t heard anything! Hopefully just another couple weeks and I can finally move to the owners thread.
    Teneighty23, Meet@Trudys and duggram like this.
  18. milo

milo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm sure you'll get it coach.
    scridercoach likes this.
  19. Johnny Rebellion

Johnny Rebellion n00b

Oddometer:
    I got my T7 reservation in this morning. Drove 25 miles to the dealership after realizing the online system was locked up. I got the last reservation for the 13 that my dealer is getting. I asked for the black/grey. How do I break the news to the wife? Bought a new Cfmoto 600 quad 2 weeks ago.
    Meet@Trudys likes this.
  20. milo

milo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You're dealer is getting 13? Anyone know how many total are coming to the US in this first run?