Yamaha T7 TENERE Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by VTbeemer, Apr 7, 2017.

1. WNW

WNW Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It was a minor point, but I figured it would get a response, just not so quickly!

I know it's been sold elsewhere in the world, so to be more specific, I still foresee some changes being made in the next year's model based on feedback from US riders, as well as, as is pretty evident from looking at the history of other bikes, areas for improvement don't always get addressed right away, or an update on a few fronts happens 2, 3, or more years in. So adding the larger market here to that, such could be the case next year. Anyway, it all adds up--for me--to holding off. YMMV.
    twinrider likes this.
  2. Dan D.

Dan D. Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Buddy was confirmed at 1:40 today... Waiting on pick up date.
  3. texjet

texjet Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ok I wasn't clear on what you said, seemed to me that you were asking folks to call about rentals like you we getting the bikes in the next day or so. I mean you said summer and it's summer in Texas (temperature wise at least). Anyway my bad and now i am less confused.
    duggram likes this.
  4. texjet

texjet Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Finally someone with some sense about them. I'll be grabbing one (demo, dealer stock, or used) later this year/early next year assuming that the gas tank isn't too small for my needs as I think it might be. That's how I got my 2012 S10 about 4 months after the bulk of the pre-orders were delivered. For me a 4 month wait is no big deal because it's riding season year round where I live.
  5. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    A couple of hours wouldn't surprise me. A quick Google shows 1300 Yamaha motorcycle dealers in the USA. Maybe half in regions where this bike could see decent demand? Even if only half the Yamaha dealers in the us ordered bikes for customers that still work out to just over 1 bike per dealer. That wouldn't take long.
    Brtp4 likes this.
  6. tag3

tag3 Doofus

Oddometer:
    Inland from the coast of Santa Cruz and Trona.
    I go in on Tuesday to start the process.
    Then wait.

Then do poppa wheelies.
  7. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
    Smart move. The S10 got a lot of nice changes after a couple years and the T7 will be no different. I'm holding out for the SP model with upgraded suspension, tubeless wheels and cruise control.
    pazzo likes this.
  8. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    No worries. Still snow up high in Colorado.
    High trails and roads up early July.
    We are now on the same waiting game as everyone else...
  9. Snowbird

Snowbird Cereal Killer

Oddometer:
    Does a reservation number indicate a bike is headed your way? Did people who tried ordering-- and only people who won't be getting one of the first batch bikes-- get an email saying sorry sold out?
    As usual, lot's of guessing and surmising going on.
  10. rhicks

rhicks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got a reservation number, put down a deposit, but never got a claim number from the dealer. I'm going to call them later today and as for it. I did get a call from Georgia around 10:13am but no voicemail was left. My reservation e-mail was at 10:01. I have received no communication since.
  11. Baggey22

Baggey22 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have my claim number, but didn’t get a call from Georgia.
  12. afordableperformance

afordableperformance Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What to do...am I the only one that has sh*t like this happen to them...seems like all the time!?

I was the first person to leave a deposit at my local Yamaha shop, then 3 more did over the past several months. Yesterday the Yamaha shop registered all of us with Yamaha and now I am #4 because they ran the list backwards! Then, they were confused about the colors and ordered me the wrong color! WTF!? I wanted blue because of the rims, they ordered me a white one! Now I'm kinda pissed, white would've been my second choice, I'd be really mad if they ordered flat black, but what can I do about stupidity? Any suggestions, these bikes are gonna be so hard to get, I may be stuck with a white one, guess that's not the end of the world, but come on, we've waited long enough and then have to deal with this too is a PITA to say the least. For now I will just sit tight and wait for them to come in, maybe it won't be so bad. Anyone else have sh*t like this happen to them!? I am waiting to hear back from the Yamaha shop but I think all 4 deposits were for Blue and they ordered all of us white ones so there is no trading within the dealership from what I understand.
    Snowbird likes this.
  13. AT Blizzard

AT Blizzard Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    "If you want it bad -- you'll get it bad."
  14. duggram

duggram Sunrise Bahia de LA Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is there a reason you couldn't refuse the bike once you see it?
  15. afordableperformance

afordableperformance Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sure I could refuse it now but it'd take a year to get another one!
  16. advmgm

advmgm Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not likely.
    Yamaha is doing something similar to what they did when the FJR first came to the USA, which is using a system like this to gauge demand before they ramp up production and then have a lot of unsold bikes on dealer floors.

Btw, when I used the Priority Delivery Program to order my 2005 FJR, I placed the order and put down a $500 deposit, on a bike I had not even seen in person, let alone sat on. Sound familiar?

Almost six months to day from my order, I picked it up at the dealer.

Fifteen years and 121,000 miles later it still makes me smile every time I fire it up and is the best bike I've ever owned!
    oic and stromsavard like this.
  17. knutte-bor-i-amerika

knutte-bor-i-amerika Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thought I was getting myself a great 60th birthday present but by the time I can take lunch and go online the program was filled and closed......I need a different line of work!
  18. Snowbird

Snowbird Cereal Killer

Oddometer:
    One thing is for sure: To be fair, the time of the customer completing his/her part should determine the order bikes are allocated/reserved, not the time the dealer does his/her part.
    pazzo, duggram, rhicks and 2 others like this.
  19. ktmcrush

ktmcrush Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  20. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Some were too slow or had technicals and got skunked

99150382_10109204489705808_2373957041589846016_o.jpg