Yamaha T7 TENERE Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by VTbeemer, Apr 7, 2017.

1. afordableperformance

afordableperformance Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Did you call your dealer or forward him this email and give him $500?. That's what it would take to make a reservation. If not, who knows you need to contact your dealer.
  2. Snowbird

Snowbird Cereal Killer

Oddometer:
    Sorry, scridecoach, I'm just an effing pedant.
    scridercoach likes this.
  3. duggram

duggram Sunrise Bahia de LA Supporter

Oddometer:
    Oh yes, I have a good dealer. He did all the website work, although he had a tough time getting his form submitted. Which gives me a little concern. When the dealer sent me my initial email message it had the Yamaha rep's email addr on it.

I wonder how much trouble it would cause if I sent the rep and dealer an email asking what my status is?
  4. ProLeisure

ProLeisure Gimme shelter... Supporter

Oddometer:
    What I would love to see is some sort of direct-to-rider type program where I could order straight from Yamaha and the bike would be delivered to my door. I’d happily pay for such a service. I know dealerships have their place and they do serve a purpose, but many aspects of their current business model is antiquated and no longer relevant to how today’s consumers wish to shop. At least give your customers another way to easily purchase your product. A well run business never makes it difficult for a customer to give them their money.
    DORTx2, 350Rizzer, Bike Guy and 2 others like this.
  5. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    So it was a complete clusterfuck for some, that blows. I've never apologized for Yamaha, more like I posted the on going moves needed to be made to secure a bike...and still clusterfuck.
    Paid? Say what?
    Snowbird likes this.
  6. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    I agree this customer reservation # then passed to a dealer was a bogus idea.

I should have been the standard get your $500 to a dealer and you are in their lineup to receive bikes.

Then each dealer can order X of bikes in the initial run.
    lithodave and mcmann like this.
  7. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Hopefully one of the ADV front page writers picks up on this and creates something that Yamaha might actually read or ADV Pulse, ADV Moto or the other mags.

Years of lead up & hype, followed up by too few bikes, followed by a flawed system is not how the Industry should be working right now!
    Snowbird likes this.
  8. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    So did you contact your dealer with that #?
  9. duggram

Oddometer:
    Yes. I forwarded the message to him with the # and we were on the phone frequently. Everything was done right. Unfortunately when the dealer went to submit his portion the site wasn't functioning right.
    eakins likes this.
  10. Meet@Trudys

Meet@Trudys Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This is already being rolled out by some manufacturers, but just as a tactic to combat sales during the pandemic. Maybe it will stick - who knows. https://www.advpulse.com/adv-news/suzuki-joins-a-growing-list-of-moto-makers-offering-home-delivery/
  11. afordableperformance

afordableperformance Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just check my emails again to see exactly what I got. After my dealer did their part I received another email with a PDF of a completed form and that is where I saw they ordered the wrong color for me. But, the point is I receieved another email after I forwarded my dealer my reservation information.
  12. pazzo

pazzo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :imaposer Love it! Best analogy for Yamaha's handling of this.:super
    Snowbird, ProLeisure and duggram like this.
  13. duggram

Oddometer:
    Thank you for the info. This is what I wanted to hear. I didn't get any follow up calls or emails. Sounds like I lost out, but of course I should probably wait to talk to my dealer about getting a refund on my deposit. This is unfortunate because I really like my dealer and the way they take care of me, but it's time for a mid-sized bike so maybe the KTM from a new dealer I've never worked with.
    pazzo likes this.
  14. ProLeisure

ProLeisure Gimme shelter... Supporter

Oddometer:
    View attachment 2326453

Honda corporate is advertising a similar home delivery service. However, my wife bought a new Rebel 500 this week from a Honda dealership and when I said I was interested in the new home delivery option Honda was promoting the dealer said that he honestly didn't have the staff to deliver bikes because they had lost a number of people due to Covid downsizing. Perhaps I could have pushed the issue, but everyone right now is trying to get back on their feet and I understood his situation.

Yes, but my understanding is that you still have to go through a dealership. I'd like to bypass the dealership altogether. As the whole T7 ordering debacle has highlighted, one more layer has only added more confusion to the process.
    shooter_t1 and mcmann like this.
  15. fredz43

fredz43 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Illinois (right by that road with a curve in it)
    Also has another definition when used thus: "A marquee asset–also referred to as a "flagship asset" or "crown jewel"–is a company's most prized possession."

So, I believe the T 700 is the marquee asset of the Yamaha marque. :-)
    Snowbird likes this.
  16. especialk

especialk Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's a reaction to Co-vid. Yamaha handles payment and you walk in with your reservation number. Pretty simple really.
    A lot of companies are trying to avoid the handling of money and i think this is the reason. Plus aren't you guys in the US used to cluster#$!#$ by now? ;) (kidding....chill)
    BoneDigger and duggram like this.
  17. TheMuffinMan54

TheMuffinMan54 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry my American friends but I picked up mine today...what a machine! I gotta say this whole experience has made it abundantly clear to me why reading into what you see on the forums is a terrible idea. After hearing that my promised late May delivery date was just a sales ploy and that we really wouldn’t see the bikes until July/August (FALSE...arrived exactly when they said it would), and that all the black bikes would be built first so if you picked any other colour you would be shuffled down the order for priority delivery (FALSE...all colours arrived at the same time), then that the Yamaha factory was shut down due to COVID and if my bike wasn’t built before mid-March then my delivery date would be delayed indefinitely (FALSE...build date on the frame is April 20, so they are still working), then that the North American bikes were getting Nissin brakes instead of Brembos (FALSE...bike has brembos), and that somebody spoke to an executive at Yamaha and learned first hand that no red and white models would be arriving in Canada until October due to production delays (FALSE...the very first one built at my dealer was red and white, and they had several others being built), all of which I read right here on this thread by people who were supposedly “in the know”, I’ve learned a very important lesson: DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT YOU READ ON THE F#%KING FORUMS!!!

I’m off to the owners thread now and leaving this tragic wasteland behind me. Godspeed gentlemen, I hope you get your bikes soon!
    17380DCA-D439-47D4-9F4B-A4CA234A2D70.jpg
    oic, VO1MX, AdvNener and 25 others like this.
  18. Bike Guy

Bike Guy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Your choice or dealers choice for AXP skidplate
  19. mcmann

mcmann Adventure Rider Junkie Supporter

Oddometer:
    As mentioned, if you registered via the below website . . . you got a “sold out” email from Yamaha’s mailing list.
    This email has no bearing on your reserve# actual order.

Most dealers are short handed and very busy. Hopefully, next Tuesday we can all get accurate info on orders that our dealer said they submitted Friday via our reservation #.

I heard there were many buyers that had registered with more than one email and obtained more than one reservation #. If the “sold out” was tied to reserve#’s . . . there may be some extra bikes that can be claimed via dealer orders.

Good luck . . .

Attached Files:

eakins and ProLeisure like this.
  20. Snowbird

Snowbird Cereal Killer

Oddometer:
    Just one page that hints at the fact it ought not to take long for Yamaha to fill deposit orders.