Yamaha T7 TENERE Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by VTbeemer, Apr 7, 2017.

1. scridercoach

scridercoach Old crusty bast**d

Oddometer:
    They get the credit after the customer takes possession of the bike. That's what "unit claim completed" means. So, they are getting hit with a charge out of their account, it gets replaced after the sale. At that point our deposit is now actually back into the dealer's hands, just like any down payment or deposit on a normal inventory bike (as opposed to pre-order). Until the sale happens, the $500 is a wash for the dealer as our deposit just replaces what was deducted by Yamaha from the dealer.
    mcmann likes this.
  2. uncle m

uncle m Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Do you have a photo of a Great Basin on a T7?
  3. texjet

texjet Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I posted a similar wish on this thread several weeks ago. For many of us motorcycle dealers (also car dealers) really act as a hindrance to the purchase. A trip to the dentist is often more appealing than the buying experience at a motorcycle or car dealership. On another note several days ago someone posted a video on this thread of some Yamaha sales reps giving an update to the dealer network. The video was non-stop marketing mumbo jumbo and all I that I managed to take away from the video was a marketing manager who was completely out of touch with the customer having no clue who the customer really was and what they wanted. Fast forward to the pre-order cluster F and I'm thinking that my assessment of Yamaha marketing management was correct.
  4. Snowbird

Snowbird Cereal Killer

Oddometer:
    Often times we have a better idea of what will happen at the dentist office than at a vehicle dealership. I once looked at a new RV. They were especially eager for me to drive the thing. I didn't want the RV, was tired of dealing with them, so with some difficulty I extricated myself. Only later did I realize after reading others' experience was that wanted me to drive it so I'd give them my CC where they'd put a $500 hold that they'd only release if you bought or really fought hard for it.

I was hot Friday at the pre-order closing, but not so much now. I'll get my bike soon enough. I'm pretty sure having the event on Friday before a long weekend was no accident on their part. :y0!
  5. Bultaco206

Bultaco206 Back-to-back motos suck Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    BygDaddee and simmons1 like this.
  6. Jetdr21

Jetdr21 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I placed a deposit back in Jan.. The first day they took deposits. Got a call from dealer Friday at 1117 for reservation #. Got reservation # to dealer about 3, Then got the Sold out Email at 445 on Friday.. What a cluster from Yamaha...
    duggram likes this.
  7. GooF2

GooF2 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What's wrong with Yamaha selling out? These are strange times, I'm glad I got my reservation in and deposit was given several months back.
  8. Baggey22

Baggey22 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I got a copy of that from my dealer Friday evening.
    RPM25 and mcmann like this.
  9. Central_iowa79

Central_iowa79 n00b

Oddometer:
    My dealer told me don’t even bother with the preorder. He ordered me one Friday and put my name on it. He got busy Friday after he ordered so he said he call tomorrow and get my deposit over the phone. Fingers crossed it works out.
  10. Central_iowa79

Central_iowa79 n00b

Oddometer:
    Guess we will see, Maybe it will be July, I’ll talk with him tomorrow and see what I can find out.
    mcmann likes this.
  11. Teneighty23

Teneighty23 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Haha!! It's so true!! I got way too caught up in that mess. Everything was in fact on time. In order. And the information I recieved was sufficient for such a large release. Nice work Yamaha Canada!
    Picking up the bike tomorrow in Northern AB. (Cant believe I get to call this one mine...)

20200525_165831.jpg
    CCitis, VO1MX, madrider5150 and 10 others like this.
  12. Jumpjim

Jumpjim Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anyone fitted the OEM Blinkers plus to the front of a T7? Was thinking of fitting auxiliary lights under the front (And have an SW Motech bracket to do so) but quite like the look of the integrated position lights in the blinkers... Anyone got a piccy? And are they bright enough?
  13. BygDaddee

BygDaddee Where do I get a pie

Oddometer:
    here they are @Jumpjim, the orange is bright when it flashes

7453CFEA-6074-4B2B-B454-48736F189F9A.jpeg
    C2D37410-9CED-4967-BFC6-37CE7DB25AF4.jpeg
    3C319335-46B8-48D2-AD54-BB5BD7E9001E.jpeg
  14. scridercoach

scridercoach Old crusty bast**d

Oddometer:
    No clue if I'm going with this..... Just killing time on the interwebs, while I wait to get off of work, but SW Motech's direct site offers up a protection package that with the current exchange rate is $727.00. Includes quite a bit, of course it's all in high demand so it's not going to ship right away. Just thought I'd post it up.

https://sw-motech.com/en/bike/YAMAH...s/protection/adventure+sets/4052572179840.htm

Includes:
    Crash Bar
    Upper Crash Bar
    Water Pump Protector
    Engine Guard (Bash Plate)
    Handguard kit (Brackets and shells)
    Slider set for front axle
  15. rhicks

rhicks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Do those light up orange when using as a turn signal?
    BygDaddee likes this.
  16. BygDaddee

BygDaddee Where do I get a pie

Oddometer:
    the top half is orange yes
    rhicks likes this.
  17. duggram

duggram Sunrise Bahia de LA Supporter

Oddometer:
    My dealer is a little busy this morning, but he did find time to talk to me. From his information buyers that got the reservation # were reserved a T700. However because the Yamaha website for ordering had problems some orders could not be completed. So even though I didn't get a confirmation phone call or email, my order went through. Now that's according to my dealer's resources at Yamaha. When I asked if I would be getting a first wave bike or a second he had no answer. I wonder how things are going at Yamaha this morning?
    eakins and mcmann like this.
  18. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    I would expect the system works that way.

If you get a confirmed rsv # (it counts down till 800 are aloted?), then your dealer would not need to immediately rush to order the bike on their end. You have your ticket, your claim to a bike from the first 800 available.

Are buyers out there with confirmed customer # still out of luck with dealers trying then to order bikes?
  19. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    That's the idea.
    Resv #s were aloted per the time you or your dealer entered your info.
    Our was confirmed at 12:01 and then immediately dealer ordered. We knew to move fast and had a dealer on the same page.

Seems then the system was overloaded within the next 15 minutes. So anyone getting a resv # might have had a dealer running into ordering problems.

But from the info shown above, if you have a resv # bikes can eventually be ordered, even the next day.

Obviously this was all messy because only a limited # of bikes are available now and a much bigger number of buyers actually exist.

Yamaha might have under-estimated demand or Covid just flat out limited supply.
    Only corporate has that answer.
    No doubt they are getting as many as possible for July deliveries, the next shipment.

Those who got screwed in this are those who had $500 deposits in to dealers last year and beyond and expected to be first inline when dealer ordering opened. For what ever reason these early depositees did not get that needed rsv#.

Hopefully Yamaha learns something here.
    They did not want dealers to order speculation bikes but they created a flawed order system by requiring the end customer to get a rsv # & then have dealers order all in a short time frame.

Dealer orders with customer info and $500 deposits paid to Yamaha should have been the process. Dealers had that $ and info in their possession already.
    Benduro likes this.
  20. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    I'm sure a few people and reps at Yamaha are hearing an earful today.
    Benduro and duggram like this.