Yamaha T7 TENERE Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by VTbeemer, Apr 7, 2017.

1. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    We went for the rally pack in the end for mods. We will also mount Mosko BC 35 as needed too.
  2. rhicks

rhicks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What mounts (and adapters if needed) are you using for the 35's ? I'm hoping the bike will come in before the Overland Expo West... hoping for some Mosko discounts :)
    eakins likes this.
  3. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Not sure yet till we look at the OEM racks.
    We weld in house plus have a local fabricator you can quick fab us a bracket.
    I'll keep you in the loop.
    rhicks likes this.
  4. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    I hear ya on getting bikes in some hands by June as promised.

So Yamaha is saying July for dealer floor bikes ie anyone who missed the first round.
    I expect them to make good on that and continue to keep shipping bikes as much as dealers are ordering. Local dealers here are going to order as many as Yamaha will send them so it's a KTM give me as many as you can thing.

I think for a year plus I annoyingly to some posted here that many might not get a bike till the fall. This bike is kinda a fight to get it...if you really want it. Months from now this will be all over and bikes available.

Check in on the 390. Some dealers get only 1-4 this selling season. That sucks.
  5. Jessejayms

Jessejayms Off Gridder

Oddometer:
    Just got my confirmation from my dealer, apparently he tried to send it to me Friday and it didn't go through. I must have checked my email 100 times during the holiday weekend waiting for that damn email! Better late than never...
    eakins likes this.
  6. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    So we got rally pack only not tour.

We need flat side racks asap for Mosko BC35. Any leads on who has or can get supply to the US?
  7. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Had it wrong. We need side racks for BC35/25.
  8. duggram

duggram Sunrise Bahia de LA Supporter

Oddometer:
    Would these work? They're through Mosko.
    Pannier Rack - Yamaha
    eakins likes this.
  9. Snowbird

Snowbird Cereal Killer

Oddometer:
    Still confused, even with nice help from the members. I got a reservation number from Yamaha at 12:10 pm but my dealer was still working on his part at 9 pm. Whatever.
  10. AT Blizzard

AT Blizzard Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yamaha has engineered this whole process -- T7 concept to delivery -- to put the US as a low priority market.

Yamaha dealer network and staff leading up to this have been uninterested in my business (Yamaha specific and Motorsports shops) -- they stayed in the moment and wanted to sell floor inventory, not what I wanted. IMO BMW leads the way (along with my KTM dealer). BMW dealers were energetic with a long-term view of the customer relationship -- perhaps for maintenance reasons :-)...

In working with Yamaha, it felt too big to care about the individual consumer -- probably the worst dealer-customer relationship with the best product line (for me at least). I have dealt with them in Florida, California, Georgia, Louisiana, Nevada, and a few other places.

With that said, I love my Yamahas (motorcycles and WaveRunner) -- But I'd prefer to order them on Amazon Prime and have it delivered to my driveway in a box.
  11. gtimko1012

gtimko1012 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Requested & received Yamaha 2021 Priority Delivery Program sheet (aka) claim number this morning from my dealer.
    ProLeisure likes this.
  12. gtimko1012

gtimko1012 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I requested from my dealer the claim # and a copy of the claim document( if there was one) for my bike only.
  13. afordableperformance

afordableperformance Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So we went through all this crap just to get a bike one month early!?
  14. goldentaco

goldentaco Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ask your dealer for your Claim number.

I placed Reservation Friday AM, Dealer placed my Claim but site crashed. He confirmed with their District Rep that the orders were in in time. I had no Claim number until I requested it from them this morning. I did not get a call from Yamaha confirming my order and did not get that email from Yamaha stating the sale was over.

It's looking like Customer reservation # reserved total of allotted bikes under this PDP.
    Dealer placed order after receiving the Reservation # and that subsequent Claim # the Dealer received as a result set the Order Priority with respect to Color choice and Acc packages and maybe waves of PDP shipments ( speculation).

J
    RPM25 likes this.
  15. drifter dave

drifter dave Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I wonder why Yamaha USA made this so complicated and Yamaha Canada had little/no bumps in the road.
  16. drifter dave

drifter dave Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ^ none of those came from Yamaha, BS rumors are beyond their control.
    lithodave likes this.
  17. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    We discussed those today and decided to use them. Thanks.
  18. BygDaddee

BygDaddee Where do I get a pie

Oddometer:
    maybe its not actaully Yamaha who are making this so complicated or outrages. :jjen

the process has worked ok in all the other countires prior to this........

Open up official yamaha ordering pre-orders (not some internet rumour ordering system)
    Customers order.
    Bikes allocated on ordered date basis.
    Customer finds out order allocation CLOSER to time of delivery, not when order placed.
    Bikes delivered in order of preorder order, apart from some slight logistical delays, and colour qty availability, ie a bike took longer to get to one part of country than other or they had more blue bikes than black.
    Any pre-orders taken exceding pre-ordered allocation get delivered in next shipments.
    Dealer floor stock after all pre-orders filled.

worked ok everywhere else :getiton

:wave
  19. scridercoach

scridercoach Old crusty bast**d

Oddometer:
    If that's how it went, I'd agree, but here in the States (despite dealers taking deposits going six months back), you had to go online when they opened up the pre-order, then you had to give that information to a dealer so they would get a secondary "claim" number to confirm the order. It was convoluted and would have been simpler if not somewhat unfair to those who did make early deposits, to just go in the order the customer got their pre-order in on the day of registration.

As of right now, in the U.S. at least, no one really knows if it was the customer's reservation number or the dealer's confirmation number that gave priority. On top of that if the customer did their part and the dealer didn't, it's truly a mystery, as some dealers are claiming "it's o.k." to their customers and saying they got their bike, but they can't provide proof. Add in a system crash on the dealer's inventory website and there you go.

So yeah, other countries were a cakewalk by comparison.

To the best of my knowledge, I have a bike coming, but I still haven't seen the physical proof, but given I literally had to walk my dealer through the process of how to find the order confirmation on the Yamaha system, I feel confident I'm getting one, given his response. So for a fair amount of us Yanks, it was a process to say the least.
  20. mcmann

mcmann Adventure Rider Junkie Supporter

Oddometer:
    Per Yamaha Reps that called customers after their Reservation (to verify it was a customer order), mentioned July stocking orders will not be filled until Sept/Oct. Overflow PDP orders are targeted for early August.
    29BF2795-4730-47B5-A7DD-74BD6F99F581.jpeg

Per this PDP customer . . . If you have a claim number . . . you are in the first shipment. If you were not given a claim number . . . I guess we are looking at maybe early August.
    D2284B37-09AF-4389-AA67-6DA760534181.jpeg
    RPM25, eakins and simmons1 like this.