Yamaha T7 TENERE Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by VTbeemer, Apr 7, 2017.

1. duggram

duggram Sunrise Bahia de LA Supporter

Oddometer:
    Do you know where the PDP customer got that information or is it speculation?
  2. mcmann

mcmann Adventure Rider Junkie Supporter

Oddometer:
    He had a conversation with a Yamaha Rep that called him.

IMO, nobody really knows anything for sure.
    I got the “sold out” from the T7 mailing list. My email stated “mailing list” (see below):

Many dealers are too busy to try find out how to get a claim number.

His information conflicts with the printout sent to the dealer . . . which shows August, if your PDP bike is not in the June shipment.

3796427A-3F7E-437F-B371-9E13FE8A3A94.jpeg
    Benduro and eakins like this.
  3. ktmcrush

ktmcrush Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is a logical fact based on Yamaha production, Covid, the PDP, as well as
    a huge amount of communication with my Dealer.
  4. duggram

Oddometer:
    I emailed my dealer this morning asking for my claim number. I have his Yamaha rep's email. Would it be a mistake to contact him to ask for my claim number? Any opinions?
  5. ktmcrush

ktmcrush Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I would just work with your dealer. My dealer assured me with multiple details after broken communication that he did
    submit my claim and the time he did. I asked for a Claim number and he reported "you don't need that, that's for the dealer for my tracking of the motorcycle."
    Your just trying to find out did your Claim make it through or not. If it did, your in the first way, if it didn't you have to wait until September.
    duggram likes this.
  6. duggram

Oddometer:
    I feel so sorry for my dealer. My claim # was on the top of the document he sent me yesterday and I missed it. No worries now! Except I wonder why it's a 6 digit number? I hope it's just an identifier and not a count. :hmmmmm
  7. Kaveman

Kaveman Unga.. Bunga..... Supporter

Oddometer:
    My dealer told me a 6 digit claim # also. I don't remember what it was though.
    duggram likes this.
  8. unit3890

unit3890 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does anyone have a link to the owner's manual online? Specifically the break-in procedure. I'm picking mine up from a dealer about 5 hours away and we'll probably take the back roads back but I just want to see what the RPM restriction is.
    Benduro likes this.
  9. duggram

Oddometer:
    Tenere 700 manual. It's from a canadian site, not that it matters.
    socially stunted and unit3890 like this.
  10. Jessejayms

Jessejayms Off Gridder

Oddometer:
    Did I read that you ordered a rally pack? I did too, and wondering if we get the stock parts also. Like stock skid plate, the passenger seat, chain guard, etc
    eakins likes this.
  11. Jessejayms

Jessejayms Off Gridder

Oddometer:
    Can't tell if the mono seat rack replaces the passenger seat, or caps it.. anyone know?
    Edit: it looks to replace the passenger seat, with some additional storage underneath.
  12. Snakeman99

Snakeman99 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My local dealer wouldn't accept any deposits or work within the Priority Delivery Program. He expects to be seeing the first bikes sometime in early June. I supposedly have "dibs" on the first T7 he gets. Don't know if it's true or not, but we'll see real soon...
    Benduro likes this.
  13. Jessejayms

Jessejayms Off Gridder

Oddometer:
    Yes, middle 4 numbers are whited out. From what I can tell, the first 3 numbers are the batch number (736). Last 3 numbers correspond with order number in the time they were received. I'm 736291. I've seen some claim numbers starting with 737, I think these might be second shipment...
  14. Jessejayms

Jessejayms Off Gridder

Oddometer:
    What kind of bikes are you all coming off? Im off a well abused 04 xr650l that needs a rebuild. Always been a fan of Honda, but the t7 looks like it will fill my needs well
  15. Baggey22

Baggey22 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I’m coming off of a 2015 Yamaha FJ09. Needed more adv inspired suspension for the roads around where I live.
    Benduro likes this.
  16. duggram

Oddometer:
    I currently ride a Husky TE300i which I'll definitely be keeping for technical riding. My travel bike is a Husky 701, which interestingly I believe has a bit more power than T700. I'm not sure if I'll keep the 701 and won't decide right away. It is a good day ride bike. It's used value is still close the MSRP of the T700.
  17. syntec4

syntec4 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I fitted a Scottoiler E System electronic chain oiler today. Nice easy install, although I made it a little more complicated by running the delivery tube through the inside of the swingarm.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    GasPowered, I82l8 and amboss87 like this.
  18. wolfbuzz

wolfbuzz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sold the KLR and super excited for the Tenere. I got a confirmation number from Yamaha on the pre-order site and my dealer was able to submit the order after their site came back up. Are we all in consensus that the first deliveries are scheduled for early June? My dealer seems to think minimum 30 days meaning late July. I submitted my reservation with Yamaha at, like, 10:01AM (my time). But, is it my reservation or my dealer's reservation that dictates my spot in line? I am also wondering if these bikes are coming on-order direct from Japan or if they already have the small initial stock on-continent.
  19. goldentaco

goldentaco Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sounds like your dealer is a peach...and not getting any bikes until Aug-Sept. Per Yamaha, only bikes arriving in June or prior to July are part of the PDP. Dealers stock is not available to order until July.

J
    DORTx2, Meet@Trudys and ktmcrush like this.
  20. rhicks

rhicks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Speculation was that they already had crates in the US (Seattle or LA) and they would ship to dealers from that stock. First wave is expected the first or second week of June so that would be a tight schedule if they are just now being shipped from Japan.